Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Woke Content Detector's Curated List of Games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Furin

Post by Furin »

No worries. This should be fine for now. I've posted the Google Sheet version and it is ready to be merged. Like I said, I think slot 1 would be best.
I own the Steam group Woke Content Detector. Join and help us grow our list of games.
Group link: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Woke_Content_Detector
Curator link: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44927664/
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Furin wrote: May 24th, 2024, 14:59
No worries. This should be fine for now. I've posted the Google Sheet version and it is ready to be merged. Like I said, I think slot 1 would be best.
Done
Furin

Post by Furin »

1998 wrote: May 24th, 2024, 07:21
Here are a couple fun ones.

Non woke

Non woke

Non woke

Sweet Baby Inc collab

Aaaand...Studio shut down
Thanks! I've added these.
I own the Steam group Woke Content Detector. Join and help us grow our list of games.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Claims to be based on the Hundred Years War but has female combatants, non-Europeans, etc.,
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on May 27th, 2024, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

@Furin I think Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart needs to be added information about bullshit about being cripple is somehow becoming your identity. Basically in this part of the game robot Clank says that the fact that he lost his hand makes him "new me" and he do not need to be fixed and he do not need his second hand back. I don't know how to normally name this bullshit, but the whole action sequence, dialogue in it and cutscene in the end of it on this timecode dedicated to this topic. This is far worse than some stupid background song about "woman in power".

For some reason it starts +/- 7-10 second of timestamp that I copied, thing I talk about starts on 26minute 25 second.

Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on May 27th, 2024, 11:44, edited 3 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: May 27th, 2024, 11:36
@Furin I think Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart needs to be added information about bullshit about being cripple is somehow becoming your identity. Basically in this part of the game robot Clank says that the fact that he lost his hand makes him "new me" and he do not need to be fixed and he do not need his second hand back. I don't know how to normally name this bullshit, but the whole action sequence, dialogue in it and cutscene in the end of it on this timecode dedicated to this topic. This is far worse than some stupid background song about "woman in power".

For some reason it starts +/- 7-10 second of timestamp that I copied, thing I talk about starts on 26minute 25 second.

Furin

Post by Furin »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 27th, 2024, 04:35

Claims to be based on the Hundred Years War but has female combatants, non-Europeans, etc.,
Reads the title, then looks at the image...

Now that's some juxtaposition. And his name is Blanc. :lol:
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Basically in this part of the game robot Clank says that the fact that he lost his hand makes him "new me" and he do not need to be fixed and he do not need his second hand back. I don't know how to normally name this bullshit,
It's called "women bullshit". No cripple, robot or not, would even dream of saying this, except in bad faith.
Furin

Post by Furin »

I watched a few minutes before and after 26:25 but I didn't see anything like that mentioned.
Faceless_Sentinel

Furin wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:22
I watched a few minutes before and after 26:25 but I didn't see anything like that mentioned.
@Furin You gotta be fuking kidding me!
► READ SUBS
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on May 27th, 2024, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: May 27th, 2024, 17:28
Furin wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:22
@Furin You gotta be fuking kidding me!
► READ SUBS
Whoops, guess I didn't watch enough. Now that I see it, that's actually pretty tame tbh. I'd say the song on Ardolis is more on-the-nose in terms of DEI.

Still, I'll add it to the review. Thanks!

Post by 1998 »

Furin

Post by Furin »

Thanks! It's always good to have more reference lists. As for the games, all but 1 of these are already on the list.

Didn't know Coffee Talk got a sequel though. I'll look into that one tomorrow. :Inspector:

Edit: turns out Coffee Talk 2 is the only one not already on the list.
Last edited by Furin on June 1st, 2024, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

@Furin I have a problem with this entry:
The term "top surgery" is woke language intended to obscure the real normal person medical term "full double mastectomy".
I resent giving any ground to these perverted perverters of language.
I suggest the following revision:
“Contains overtly pro-LGBTQ+ messaging. Features a trans character who has undergone what they refer to as "top surgery", which is more properly known as a full double mastectomy. The main villain is brutally executed as a result of misgendering that trans character.”
Last edited by Rand on June 2nd, 2024, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

I dunno. A placement in the sewers seems a perfectly appropriate place to me for a shit ideology.
Furin

Post by Furin »

Rand wrote: June 2nd, 2024, 03:32
@Furin I have a problem with this entry:
The term "top surgery" is woke language intended to obscure the real normal person medical term "full double mastectomy".
I resent giving any ground to these perverted perverters of language.
I suggest the following revision:
“Contains overtly pro-LGBTQ+ messaging. Features a trans character who has undergone what they refer to as "top surgery", which is more properly known as a full double mastectomy. The main villain is brutally executed as a result of misgendering that trans character.”
Excellent point. I fully agree. I couldn't add your revision exactly as proposed due to the character limit so this is how it appears:

"Contains overtly pro-LGBTQ+ messaging. Features a trans character who has undergone a full double mastectomy. The main villain is brutally executed as a result of misgendering that trans character."

Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: "misgendering" is a made-up concept so I'll rewrite that part too.
Last edited by Furin on June 2nd, 2024, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.
Finarfin

Post by Finarfin »

Could you also add "Whisker Squadron: Survivor" to the list? The devs are "Anti-capitalist commie" faggots, see picture:
Last edited by Finarfin on June 6th, 2024, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Jews will call you an antisemite but never a liar.

Post by 1998 »

Faceless_Sentinel

Sunsetdrive wrote: June 6th, 2024, 08:42
Could you also add "Whisker Squadron: Survivor" to the list? The devs are "Anti-capitalist commie" faggots, see picture:
So, there is no lgbt shit in this game?
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

Sunsetdrive wrote: June 6th, 2024, 08:42
if this is the kind of 'unique' storytelling and art style game developers are claiming to defend when they bitch about AI-generated content, then they might as well start seeking employment at their local McDonald's right now because that shit looks and sounds more generic than a fishnet-wearing hooker.
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 11th, 2024, 21:38
V Rising has "body type" selection, but I didn't notice anything else 'woke' from playing it for a while.
One of the VBloods, Goreswine the Ravager is referred to as a 'they/them' in a description....
Other that than, nothing looks Woke.
"Hey man, I'm gonna eat your Girlfriend!"
DDC

Post by DDC »

I think many of the older games tagged as "informational" should be "recommended." The mere presence of LGBT characters or themes in a game does not make it woke, especially when viewed in light of the prevailing culture of the time. Morrowind is a perfect example. Vivec trooning out can hardly be seen as something designed to promote normalization and acceptance of those lifestyles. Instead, the intent was to drive home the point that this otherworldly being was truly a freak and an aberration. And that is the case among many games of that era. Homosexual content and characters were often used as proxies for depravity, or as comic relief. That is very different from the agenda and presentation in current games.
Solidus Snake Did Nothing Wrong
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

DDC wrote: June 7th, 2024, 03:42
I think many of the older games tagged as "informational" should be "recommended." The mere presence of LGBT characters or themes in a game does not make it woke, especially when viewed in light of the prevailing culture of the time. Morrowind is a perfect example. Vivec trooning out can hardly be seen as something designed to promote normalization and acceptance of those lifestyles. Instead, the intent was to drive home the point that this otherworldly being was truly a freak and an aberration. And that is the case among many games of that era. Homosexual content and characters were often used as proxies for depravity, or as comic relief. That is very different from the agenda and presentation in current games.
I think it's fair to leave it 'informational' for those who simply don't want to see that stuff at all. Many people have niggerfag fatigue.
Rand

Post by Rand »

DDC wrote: June 7th, 2024, 03:42
I generally agree with your points, and I just want to expand on one of them.

In The Elder Scrolls, such as Morrowind, some Redguards would be what we would call ethnically black. Some are more middle eastern.
But they're not blatantly shoehorned in, or worse, used as white European replacers. That's what makes something woke. Playing to the nog fetish of the left.
They were always a part of the world, a small part outside of the game Redguard, and so don't count at all as woke.
There are no Redguard emperors, Skyrim jarls, or Imperial councilors, just as there are no Dunmer or Orc ones.
The fact that in Oblivion, one of the Blades was a Redguard black-ish guy named Baurus was not a standout at all. Nobody noticed or cared.

When there are black people as a normal part of the setting, it's usually not woke.
It's when they're putting them in medieval renaissance versions of Europe or, as in Starfield, they're naturally present, but in shockingly high, unrealistic numbers.

For example, if the blacks of the Elder Scrolls games didn't come from the Redguard lands, but just sort of lived in the Imperial province at high numbers roughly evenly spread out with the white Imperials, and for no in-universe discernable reason for them to be there, THAT would be woke.
Last edited by Rand on June 7th, 2024, 14:56, edited 9 times in total.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Rand wrote: June 7th, 2024, 04:49
When there are black people as a normal part of the setting, it's usually not woke.
Maybe I'd have agreed a few years ago. Nowadays, I just don't want any niggers in my entertainment at all.

The mere sight of them disgusts me.
Faceless_Sentinel

gerey wrote: June 7th, 2024, 08:27
Maybe I'd have agreed a few years ago. Nowadays, I just don't want any niggers in my entertainment at all.

I know I'm whining, but, My God, I hate american left so much, they make me agree with people like Gerey more and more.
Rand

Post by Rand »

gerey wrote: June 7th, 2024, 08:27

The fatigue is real.

However, even you must admit that in games like The Elder Scrolls, them not talking or acting like nogs makes them almost a different species.
It's a relief to see a black person not act like a nigger. Because so many do, eagerly it seems.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Rand wrote: June 7th, 2024, 14:53

It's a relief to see a black person
To me, it's the opposite of relief. If I don't see another black person in my life until I die, I'll thank God.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Irenaeus wrote: June 7th, 2024, 14:57

To me, it's the opposite of relief. If I don't see another black person in my life until I die, I'll thank God.
You forgot this
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Rand on June 7th, 2024, 15:09, edited 3 times in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Rand wrote: June 7th, 2024, 15:00
Irenaeus wrote: June 7th, 2024, 14:57

You forgot this
► Show Spoiler
Yeah, but I'm serious. Black person not acting like a nigger is just a fake façade that can shatter at any moment. Away from me, beasts.