Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Low Magic Age

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Low Magic Age

Post by Acrux »

Low Magic Age is a 3.5 clone from a solo developer that sticks very faithfully to the rules.

As of now, the emphasis has been on Arena Mode that allows you to take a group through hundreds of arena battles, gaining XP, gold, and equipment as you go along. Some of these are really challenging, and I believe there are some achievements around never having a loss.

I know a lot of people have been waiting for Adventure Mode, which is now actively being worked on. It's in pre-alpha right now, so still pretty rough. Also, I think a lot of people are expecting a campaign, but that's never been promised. It looks like it's going to be pretty sandbox.
Adventure Mode 2 Pre-Alpha

Hi adventurers, welcome to new worlds! This is a pre-alpha version of the new adventure mode in development. The main purpose of this version is to get feedback from players in early development and adjust the direction of development in a timely manner.

In this version, players can create randomized worlds ranging in size from tiny to huge, and freely adventure, fight, level-up, and train their party in the world, but there are no guides, storyline quests, or random events such as large-scale monster invasions yet. A lot of in development features have not be added, and most gameplay settings are temporarily using modules of the old adventure mode. So for players who want a more complete experience, we suggest waiting for more iterations.

Thank you again for your support! Below is a rough list of our dev plans.

Next, we'll work on (rough list):
Other adventurers and NPC parties
Multiple continents and planes
Specific usage of all skills
Remake dungeon module
Detailed features of terrains
Battle maps adapt terrains
Monsters distribution
Main storyline
Random events
World map browser
ect.

And player races (Centaur), feats and spells, etc.

Note: If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to leave them in this announcement or send to [email protected] (attach your saves if necessary: game folder/saves).
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal

Post by 1998 »

So after 7 years in EA they have already reached pre-alpha for their adventure module? Nice!
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I do not understand why you guys shit on solo devs who work on these projects in their spare time. Especially the ones who make regular updates.
Last edited by Acrux on May 22nd, 2024, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1998 »

I don't know. I just get bored following a game for 7 years, even if indeed he is posting updates (which I stopped reading probably 3-4 years ago)
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I peek in on it once in awhile. It's got playable kobolds so it'll be good when it's done some time in 2066.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

1998 wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 13:52
I don't know. I just get bored following a game for 7 years, even if indeed he is posting updates (which I stopped reading probably 3-4 years ago)
That's fine. I just put the guys who are basically doing it as a sideline or hobby - and who are balancing a family, a job, and this - in a different category than the people who expect to make a livelihood from this. Both this guy and the Stellar Tactics have a plan, communicate what they are going to do, and provide game updates on a regular schedule (monthly, quarterly).

Now, if it's a team, or someone taking gubmetbucks (Broken Road), or someone who quits his job (Skald), sure have at it.