We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The most heavily modded Skyrim I've ever seen

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

They probably spent more effort in wrangling bethesda engine into having these modern-day environments and mechanics, than they would ever have should they use Unity or unreal.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

This is more than likely going to have a lot of impressive and in-depth technical effort put into it for a story that feels like it's written by a retarded 13 year old.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

wndrbr wrote: March 20th, 2024, 01:57
They probably spent more effort in wrangling bethesda engine into having these modern-day environments and mechanics, than they would ever have should they use Unity or unreal.
Modern looking environments already exist in the Skyrim modding community and I'm not sure what mechanics to which you're referring. Guns? Those also have already been modded in. There's an Enderal modlist that prominently features guns. I'm not sure how much difficulty there would be with the powers, but I imagine Skyrim already covers many of them; all they would have to do is replace the fx in some cases.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I always thought New Vegas would be the perfect breeding ground for a post-apocalyptic/gehenna style VTM total conversion mod. Glad to see modder brain won out and they chose the medieval swords and dragons game for their mod set in a modern city with guns. :D
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

they probably thought it would be easier to make modern environments in Skyrim engine than medieval Prague in FNV or Fo4 engine.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

wndrbr wrote: March 20th, 2024, 02:10
they probably thought it would be easier to make modern environments in Skyrim engine than medieval Prague in FNV or Fo4 engine.
Why would they need to make medieval Prague in a modern day VTM setting?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

@Vergil this mod isn't just "modern VTM in Skyrim", it was supposed to be a remake of VTM Redemption.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

wndrbr wrote: March 20th, 2024, 02:15
@Vergil this mod isn't just "modern VTM in Skyrim", it was supposed to be a remake of VTM Redemption.
I forgot about the paved streets in 12th century prague
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

This actually looked good. Colour me impressed.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

If it's true it's an adaptation of Redemption there's a chance it might turn out genuinely good as long as they don't let any of the mod trannies turn it into a personal vanity project.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

WhiteShark wrote: March 20th, 2024, 02:01
Guns? Those also have already been modded in. There's an Enderal modlist that prominently features guns.
musket guns or m16 guns
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Emphyrio wrote: March 20th, 2024, 03:09
musket guns or m16 guns
The former. A quick search didn't turn up a good video of how they play in game, but they're clearly old-style firearms.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

One of those fromsoft rip off mods had pretty good Bloodborne style guns.
Last edited by Vergil on March 20th, 2024, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 20th, 2024, 02:05
I always thought New Vegas would be the perfect breeding ground for a post-apocalyptic/gehenna style VTM total conversion mod. Glad to see modder brain won out and they chose the medieval swords and dragons game for their mod set in a modern city with guns. :D
It's to do with Vampire/ Werewolf transformations & magic.
You can put guns & all kinds of environments into Skyrim, but is it possible to add an entire hardcoded system for powers/ magic & transformations into Fallout?
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 20th, 2024, 03:36, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 20th, 2024, 03:34
Vergil wrote: March 20th, 2024, 02:05
It's to do with Vampire/ Werewolf transformations & magic.
You can put guns & all kinds of environments into Skyrim, but is it possible to add an entire hardcoded system for powers/ magic & transformations into Fallout?
Depends on what sort of clans you would be allowed to play. Something like Toreador or Ventrue would be incredibly easy. If this is remaking Redemption than you're already locked into the Brujah (iirc) anyway.
There's a few magic themed mods for New Vegas but I haven't really checked them out due to not really being interested in that. There's a new-ish vampirism mod that looks pretty good except no feeding animations.