Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

No Alphabets 4.5.2 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Acrux wrote: March 10th, 2024, 00:46
SoLong wrote: March 10th, 2024, 00:26
Gaider is out isn't he?
Yes, and he has been for some time. :smug:
Wasn't he outed randomly in some dipshit Dragon Age interview?

edit: oh
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on March 10th, 2024, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
BobT

Post by BobT »

jebacdrkac wrote: March 9th, 2024, 14:04
MisterMagician wrote: March 8th, 2024, 22:22
jebacdrkac wrote: March 8th, 2024, 06:55
vortex tells you all you need to know about nexus as a site when for every popular game a random neckbeard makes better mod manager than their "professional" trash
site owner has the harvey milk stare.
wow an even more punchable version of james corden, amazing

See their team that's "all about diversity":
https://next.nexusmods.com/about
Last edited by BobT on March 10th, 2024, 01:57, edited 1 time in total.
MisterMagician

Post by MisterMagician »

Anon wrote: March 10th, 2024, 00:07
MisterMagician wrote: March 9th, 2024, 23:38

that's not even his worst photograph.

Some guy who has been stalking me on the baldur's gate 3 forums since september has threatened to "sue" me because I pointed out he has repeatedly been interested in the "sexual development" of kids (he claims to be a teacher).

I'm wondering what his grounds are. he's an anonymous account with a private profile, nothing I say can track back to him as a person. Not to mention this guy has been increasingly violent in his posts against me; he thinks trying to hurt me will make his shame go away.
Post it here, we could help light him up
Well what can you do?
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 10th, 2024, 01:47
Acrux wrote: March 10th, 2024, 00:46
SoLong wrote: March 10th, 2024, 00:26
Gaider is out isn't he?
Yes, and he has been for some time. :smug:
Wasn't he outed randomly in some dipshit Dragon Age interview?

edit: oh
Yeah, I mean out as in "out of a job at Bioware" not out as in "he tells everyone he meets how much he likes to suck cock".
citard

Post by citard »

Was the mod updated or just the description?
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Braintoast93 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 12:47
SpacedOutDragoness wrote: March 1st, 2024, 20:22
Awesome. And thanks a bunch. Found this mod thanks to someone complaining about it on Steam forums.
I'm here for similar reasons. It's funny that enemys of mods like this are the ones who push them the most by complaining everywhere about them. The first "forbidden" mod I heared about this way was that one which makes Wyll white which was also banned from NexusMods. I never thought about making Wyll white by myself but I surely found it right and fitting for the world, so I was looking for it. Same with mods on this site. It's fascinating what creativity, skills and the support of AI can do to a game. I was very afraid of chapter 3. I started to play Baldur's Gate 3 a couple of months before but I never played beyond chapter 1, because I tried out many classes and mods. I even reached a point where I said, that I want to quit this game for good, because the modern Zeitgeist is so obvious, that it hurt my mind. I wanted to like the game for its mechanics and exploring the world, but some conversations and characters gave me a headache and I couldn't see past that or tolerate it and I knew it is getting worse with the progression of the story. But the No Alphabets mod and some of the other cut a lot of that out of the game and I finally can enjoy it once more.
I really should write a letter to the complainant who lead me here and thank him. Jokes aside, a part of me is seroius about this. I thought I wasted my money on this product. :)
I soldiered on to act 3, cringing at most every turn where I either got a facefull of lesbianism, unexplained black people or otherwise screamed loudly at the general shitty writing. And here I am now, not forgetting BG3 because it had qualities and I really, really want to like and play it, but I simply can't. Most shitty games I have played have I already forgotten about, but not BG3. I think it comes down to the monumental disappointment I felt.

So... I have actually not downloaded any mods for the game yet or even played it since September, but I keep track of this forum just in case there is some brave soul out there that could mod the game into a decent well-written story. Fingers crossed.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

citard wrote: March 10th, 2024, 13:04
Was the mod updated or just the description?
If i update the date field will be updated on the table.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Anon

Post by Anon »

MisterMagician wrote: March 10th, 2024, 07:23
MisterMagician wrote: March 9th, 2024, 23:38

that's not even his worst photograph.

Some guy who has been stalking me on the baldur's gate 3 forums since september has threatened to "sue" me because I pointed out he has repeatedly been interested in the "sexual development" of kids (he claims to be a teacher).

I'm wondering what his grounds are. he's an anonymous account with a private profile, nothing I say can track back to him as a person. Not to mention this guy has been increasingly violent in his posts against me; he thinks trying to hurt me will make his shame go away.
Well what can you do?
tell him he's ugly and silly in the internet obviously
MisterMagician

Post by MisterMagician »

Anon wrote: March 10th, 2024, 16:24
MisterMagician wrote: March 10th, 2024, 07:23

Well what can you do?
tell him he's ugly and silly in the internet obviously
Oh he knows.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

I've figured out how to include NoAlphabets Lingo file without including every text in game, so it will work with other mods too. The downside is, its a little hacky. And might confuse... boomers and less technically savvy users.....
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

orinEsque wrote: March 10th, 2024, 21:40
I've figured out how to include NoAlphabets Lingo file without including every text in game, so it will work with other mods too. The downside is, its a little hacky. And might confuse... boomers and less technically savvy users.....
Sound like once more redoing translation. We will need instructions for this to adopt our translations.
GalahadTheSeeker

Post by GalahadTheSeeker »

Can we have a version without the Ser Aylin mod included? It's way too unpolished for my tastes currently.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

GalahadTheSeeker wrote: March 11th, 2024, 11:26
Can we have a version without the Ser Aylin mod included?
Not any time soon.
It's way too unpolished for my tastes currently.
This makes me wanna do it even less.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 11th, 2024, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

GalahadTheSeeker wrote: March 11th, 2024, 11:26
It's way too unpolished for my tastes currently.
You know what really helps with polishing? Telling the developer about what edges need sanding. Just saying "This is unpolished" doesn't help very much. In what way is it unpolished? Because if it's missed dialogue or string references, the mod completely relies on people actually reporting which ones and where.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
Join the RPG Codex Official™ Discord Server
MCA, much like Adolf Hitler, did nothing wrong.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

Btw, this is likely completely unrelated to the mod, but I'm just looking for places to ask where someone might know the answer:

I've run into a bug where Ser Aylin doesn't show up at or go to Lorroakan (I'm not sure what is supposed to happen) after telling him about Lorroakan looking for him. After talking to Aylin about Lorroakan, he doesn't leave to go to Ramazith's Tower and never confronts Lorroakan.

Does anyone know how to trigger the right flag manually, either through CheatEngine-injected console commands or the ScriptExtender console?
Last edited by Luckmann on March 11th, 2024, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
Braintoast93

Post by Braintoast93 »

Luckmann wrote: March 11th, 2024, 16:35
Btw, this is likely completely unrelated to the mod, but I'm just looking for places to ask where someone might know the answer:

I've run into a bug where Ser Aylin doesn't show up at or go to Lorroakan (I'm not sure what is supposed to happen) after telling him about Lorroakan looking for him.

Does anyone know how to trigger the right flag manually, either through CheatEngine-injected console commands or the ScriptExtender console?
I don't know the console commands, but did you took a long rest before you went into the tower to meet Lorraokan with Aylin together? I had a similar problem when he met Lorraokan but after I defeated him the next dialoge scene didn't trigger and Aylin just stood there and did nothing. A long rest made him get back to the camp and I could finish the quest. Maybe a long rest before you go into the tower will solve your problem as well
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

Braintoast93 wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:30

I've run into a bug where Ser Aylin doesn't show up at or go to Lorroakan (I'm not sure what is supposed to happen) after telling him about Lorroakan looking for him.

I don't know the console commands, but did you took a long rest before you went into the tower to meet Lorraokan with Aylin together? I had a similar problem when he met Lorraokan but after I defeated him the next dialoge scene didn't trigger and Aylin just stood there and did nothing. A long rest made him get back to the camp and I could finish the quest. Maybe a long rest before you go into the tower will solve your problem as well
I feel like I've done everything. I've rested before, I've rested after, it just doesn't seem to make a difference. After talking to Lorroakan and then talking to Aylin, Aylin does nothing - he doesn't move away, he doesn't show at at Ramazith's Tower, and there's never any confrontation with Lorroakan.

I had to go to YouTube to see how it's apparently suppose to play out, but nope, Aylin does absolutely nothing after saying that he's leaving to go fuck up Lorroakan, and talking to him only has the old "What are you going to do with your newfound freedom?" or something to that effect. I found plenty of references to people having issues with Aylin not fighting in the fight and whatnot, but I only found one other person having this bug, and that was in a dead thread on Plebbit with zero responses.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Luckmann wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:37

I feel like I've done everything. I've rested before, I've rested after, it just doesn't seem to make a difference. After talking to Lorroakan and then talking to Aylin, Aylin does nothing - he doesn't move away, he doesn't show at at Ramazith's Tower, and there's never any confrontation with Lorroakan.

I had to go to YouTube to see how it's apparently suppose to play out, but nope, Aylin does absolutely nothing after saying that he's leaving to go fuck up Lorroakan, and talking to him only has the old "What are you going to do with your newfound freedom?" or something to that effect. I found plenty of references to people having issues with Aylin not fighting in the fight and whatnot, but I only found one other person having this bug, and that was in a dead thread on Plebbit with zero responses.
Did you sleep?
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

orinEsque wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:44

Did you sleep?
Yep. Just to be sure, I just went:
>Sleep
>Go through portal to Lorroakan, talk to him.
>Sleep
>Talk to Aylin about Lorroakan. Aylin does nothing.
>Sleep
>Go back to Sundries, go through portal to Tower, hang around, talk to Lorroakan.

Nothing. I figured it could've been related to the only ScriptExtender-reliant mod I'm running, other than UI stuff, which was Party Limit Begone (which I had installed for those situations where I want an extra character hanging around for a little bit and then fucking off; I only really play with 4 characters), but removing it and reloading from a save prior to even going to Sorcerous Sundries doesn't seem to matter. So I don't think it's mod-related, and if it somehow is, only this mod really touches Aylin, but I really don't think this mod would have any effects like this at all, I'm just baiting the knowledge bank, here.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Luckmann wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:02
orinEsque wrote: March 11th, 2024, 17:44

Did you sleep?
>Sleep
>Sleep
>Sleep
>Go back to Sundries, go through portal to Tower, hang around, talk to Lorroakan.

Nothing. I figured it could've been related to the only ScriptExtender-reliant mod I'm running, other than UI stuff, which was Party Limit Begone (which I had installed for those situations where I want an extra character hanging around for a little bit and then fucking off; I only really play with 4 characters), but removing it and reloading from a save prior to even going to Sorcerous Sundries doesn't seem to matter. So I don't think it's mod-related, and if it somehow is, only this mod really touches Aylin, but I really don't think this mod would have any effects like this at all, I'm just baiting the knowledge bank, here.
Talked to aradin too?
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

orinEsque wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:32
>Sleep
>Sleep
>Sleep

Talked to aradin too?
Yup. He's pretty much unavoidable when going into Sundries.

I just did another reload from before going to Sorcerous Sundries at all, just to test some things. This time I:

>Teleported out of Baldur's Gate to Rivington
>Slept in the camp there
>Teleported back into Baldur's Gate
>Slept at the Inn
>Had a scene with vampires coming to get Astarion, killed them
>Went to Sorcerous Sundries
>Talked to Aradin
>Talked to Rolan
>Went upstairs, talked to Lorroakan's projection
>Slept at the Inn again; this time Aradin actually showed up (which has never happened before) and started a fight. Killed him.
>Aylin has a scene after the fight, talks about going to Lorroakan in the morning.
>Go back to bed.
>Talk to Aylin; nothing new; can't tell him anything at all, now (because he has already been informed about Lorroakan, now, presumably).
>Go back to Sundries
>Go to Ramazith's Tower
>Scene with Lorroakan plays as normal, he wants me to bring him Aylin, as normal.

Still nothing.

After checking YouTube, all that is supposed to happen is that Aylin is supposed to leave the camp/inn, and then show up and face Lorroakan, so I wonder if there is just a way to summon Aylin to the Tower of Ramazith that would then trigger the confrontation between Lorroakan and Aylin, and maybe have triggers work properly from then on.

Edit: After talking to Lorroakan as per the above, I decided to go back to the Inn, and talked to Aylin again. I can tell him (even though he should already know) that Lorroakan is looking for him. He says that we'll go confront Lorroakan and proceeds to do nothing.
Last edited by Luckmann on March 11th, 2024, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Luckmann wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:40
orinEsque wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:32
>Sleep
>Sleep
>Sleep

Talked to aradin too?
Yup. He's pretty much unavoidable when going into Sundries.

I just did another reload from before going to Sorcerous Sundries at all, just to test some things. This time I:

>Teleported out of Baldur's Gate to Rivington
>Slept in the camp there
>Teleported back into Baldur's Gate
>Slept at the Inn
>Had a scene with vampires coming to get Astarion, killed them
>Went to Sorcerous Sundries
>Talked to Aradin
>Talked to Rolan
>Went upstairs, talked to Lorroakan's projection
>Slept at the Inn again; this time Aradin actually showed up (which has never happened before) and started a fight. Killed him.
>Aylin has a scene after the fight, talks about going to Lorroakan in the morning.
>Go back to bed.
>Talk to Aylin; nothing new; can't tell him anything at all, now (because he has already been informed about Lorroakan, now, presumably).
>Go back to Sundries
>Go to Ramazith's Tower
>Scene with Lorroakan plays as normal, he wants me to bring him Aylin, as normal.

Still nothing.

After checking YouTube, all that is supposed to happen is that Aylin is supposed to leave the camp/inn, and then show up and face Lorroakan, so I wonder if there is just a way to summon Aylin to the Tower of Ramazith that would then trigger the confrontation between Lorroakan and Aylin, and maybe have triggers work properly from then on.
@loregamer do you know how to summon npc with script extender?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Disable noalphabets Lingo. There's been a patch. And thus using outdated version of this shitty lingo file can often cause weirdness
Last edited by orinEsque on March 11th, 2024, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

orinEsque wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:41
Yes, I'll see if I can help him out later today. Pretty sure he can just run a simple TeleportTo command and everything should be hunky dory.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

BobT wrote: March 10th, 2024, 01:57
MisterMagician wrote: March 8th, 2024, 22:22

site owner has the harvey milk stare.

How the fuck does nexusmods have 20 developers????
I only counted actual programmers.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Mondain wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:55
BobT wrote: March 10th, 2024, 01:57

How the fuck does nexusmods have 20 developers????
I only counted actual programmers.
They have hired a third (white) female now though at least.
Now they have "Customer Support Specialist", "Office Manager", and "Product Manager" ran by females. Such important board-level roles! Oh and the black dog. Such a bastion of feminism and diversity!
The only thing those "developers" are developing are new reasons to ban people for tickling their anus the wrong way.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

orinEsque wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:48

Disable noalphabets Lingo. There's been a patch. And thus using outdated version of this shitty lingo file can often cause weirdness
Thanks for the suggestion, and I turned both it and my own ("unified") localization file/mod off, and even removed them from the mod folder just to be sure, but no dice. I'd been extremely surprised if it had worked, though. I just can't imagine a localization file to result in something like this, unless there'd maybe be flat-out missing strings that the game wants to play before triggering something, or something like that.
loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:51
Yes, I'll see if I can help him out later today. Pretty sure he can just run a simple TeleportTo command and everything should be hunky dory.
It would be amazing if you could, and much, much appreciated. :toot:
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Luckmann wrote: March 11th, 2024, 19:31
orinEsque wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:48

Thanks for the suggestion, and I turned both it and my own ("unified") localization file/mod off, and even removed them from the mod folder just to be sure, but no dice. I'd been extremely surprised if it had worked, though. I just can't imagine a localization file to result in something like this, unless there'd maybe be flat-out missing strings that the game wants to play before triggering something, or something like that.
loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 18:51
It would be amazing if you could, and much, much appreciated. :toot:
Lingo file has been known to cause game crash some times. thankfully it doesn't kill your savegames.
Alef Zero

Post by Alef Zero »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 02:02
Hello Translators,
it's come to my attention that some people are struggling with English and I may need to alter the description of the Translation files

If you could write me a translation for "Replaces ALL in-game text." in your respective languages, that would be great.

@Faceless_Sentinel @Alef Zero, @Reichspepe , @Some1LikeYou
Just the line, yes? The one you got from (I believe) translator was almost fine :D
Zastępuje WSZYSTKIE teksty w grze.

Also, as I'm pretty much done with the game, my activity on the forum will be rather scarce. Hopefully, there won't be any huge changes in the future.
Last edited by Alef Zero on March 11th, 2024, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Alef Zero wrote: March 11th, 2024, 23:30
orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 02:02
Hello Translators,
it's come to my attention that some people are struggling with English and I may need to alter the description of the Translation files

If you could write me a translation for "Replaces ALL in-game text." in your respective languages, that would be great.

@Faceless_Sentinel @Alef Zero, @Reichspepe , @Some1LikeYou
Just the line, yes? The one you got from (I believe) translator was almost fine :D
Zastępuje WSZYSTKIE teksty w grze.

Also, as I'm pretty much done with the game, my activity on the forum will be rather scarce. Hopefully, there won't be any huge changes in the future.
Thanks for all your help!