We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

No Alphabets 5.0.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Envergence

Post by Envergence »

I think someone uploaded the file of that here once, though I can't remember which thread it's posted in. I did download it, but I never tried it out. I don't know if it's utterly redundant, or some sort of middle-ground, etc.

I can't upload my file as I'm away from my PC, but I can try finding the thread it was uploaded in and link it here. If anyone feels like it, try running that link to the hidden Nexus file through the Wayback Machine and seeing if they can get more thorough information about the mod that way.

Edit: Found the post.
Last edited by Envergence on March 2nd, 2024, 01:49, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Envuen wrote: March 1st, 2024, 23:25
orinEsque wrote: March 1st, 2024, 23:14
Envuen wrote: March 1st, 2024, 22:20
Does anyone have that aforementioned "Less quirky" mod? It sounds like something reasonable but Mod Nexus blocked it at the moment, can't read what it does. Would it be compatible with NoAlphabets?
Which mod is this?
"Less Quirky Characters at Baldur's Gate 3 Nexus
Feel a little more immersed in the presence of less pink beards and peculiar-looking citizenry."

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/2423

Now that I think of it, it's probably already covered by Better Asthetics.
Any Aesthetic mod is 100% compatible unless it changes one of the alphabets. In which case I would just install it and put NoAlphabets lower down on the mod order. BUT that specific mod might just be a copy of BBAesthetics.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 1st, 2024, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Silver

Post by Silver »

I have the "Less Quirky Characters" mod that was uploaded on Nexus.
It was taken down pretty fast and the mod itself has English.pak file. It will probably conflict with NoAlphabets?
If not, feels like this mod is going to be outdated, since I downloaded it back in the middle of September and just never got around to try it out.
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

Metalhead33 wrote: March 1st, 2024, 06:08
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 06:03
Metalhead33 wrote: March 1st, 2024, 06:01
This. As much as I hate dykes and wish they were all separated and distributed among men, I didn't hate Alfira and Lakrissa - but I do hate Aylin and Isobel.
It's because you're (almost guaranteed) a male and don't find feminine lesbians offensive. Aylin is offensive because it's a woman trying to be a man.
Heterosexual women presumably find all lesbians to be disgusting the same way heterosexual men generally find homosexual men to be disgusting.
Not sure. While I do find homosexual men to be disgusting on an instinctive level, I actually hate lesbians more than gay men, because I view lesbianism as a form of ultra-feminism and misandry. It's a veeeeeery long story, how I came to revile them so much.
Aylin telling the main protagonist to "begone" from his own camp just further reinforces the idea, that she's a feminist bitch who needs to be put in her place.

TL;DR: I forbid girls from women from being sexual with each other or loving each other. Women should love men, especially given the epidemic of male loneliness. Alfira and Lakrissa get a pass because they don't advertise their sexuality like Aylin and Isobel do.
Disagree with the end.

Alfira and Lakrissa should also be dealphabetized.
...:Inspector:
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

hilandar777 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 00:35
Disagree with the end.

Alfira and Lakrissa should also be dealphabetized.
The mod is called "No Alphabets" afterall. Not "No (obvious) Alphabets"
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Why not make them platonic friends?
Steam friend code: 40552640
https://steamcommunity.com/friends/add
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 00:56
Why not make them platonic friends?
Yes, potentially. I would prefer them as besties.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 2nd, 2024, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Metalhead33

Post by Metalhead33 »

To be fair, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to cuck Lakrissa by forcing Alfira to kiss my male character, regardless of her relationship status.

I like Lotte.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Metalhead33 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 11:13
To be fair, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to cuck Lakrissa by forcing Alfira to kiss my male character, regardless of her relationship status.
kissing animation... hmmm i don't get paid enough for that. Best I can do is altogether remove their talk about buying a stupid house with a white fence in BG, and snip that shitty cinematic with Alfira giving lakrissa the googly eyes. [i donno how to yet.]
Braintoast93

Post by Braintoast93 »

SpacedOutDragoness wrote: March 1st, 2024, 20:22
Awesome. And thanks a bunch. Found this mod thanks to someone complaining about it on Steam forums.
I'm here for similar reasons. It's funny that enemys of mods like this are the ones who push them the most by complaining everywhere about them. The first "forbidden" mod I heared about this way was that one which makes Wyll white which was also banned from NexusMods. I never thought about making Wyll white by myself but I surely found it right and fitting for the world, so I was looking for it. Same with mods on this site. It's fascinating what creativity, skills and the support of AI can do to a game. I was very afraid of chapter 3. I started to play Baldur's Gate 3 a couple of months before but I never played beyond chapter 1, because I tried out many classes and mods. I even reached a point where I said, that I want to quit this game for good, because the modern Zeitgeist is so obvious, that it hurt my mind. I wanted to like the game for its mechanics and exploring the world, but some conversations and characters gave me a headache and I couldn't see past that or tolerate it and I knew it is getting worse with the progression of the story. But the No Alphabets mod and some of the other cut a lot of that out of the game and I finally can enjoy it once more.
I really should write a letter to the complainant who lead me here and thank him. Jokes aside, a part of me is seroius about this. I thought I wasted my money on this product. :)
Last edited by Braintoast93 on March 2nd, 2024, 12:49, edited 3 times in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Braintoast93 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 12:47
Awesome. And thanks a bunch. Found this mod thanks to someone complaining about it on Steam forums.
I'm here for similar reasons. It's funny that enemys of mods like this are the ones who push them the most by complaining everywhere about them. The first "forbidden" mod I heared about this way was that one which makes Wyll white which was also banned from NexusMods. I never thought about making Wyll white by myself but I surely found it right and fitting for the world, so I was looking for it. Same with mods on this site. It's fascinating what creativity, skills and the support of AI can do to a game. I was very afraid of chapter 3. I started to play Baldur's Gate 3 a couple of months before but I never played beyond chapter 1, because I tried out many classes and mods. I even reached a point where I said, that I want to quit this game for good, because the modern Zeitgeist is so obvious, that it hurt my mind. I wanted to like the game for its mechanics and exploring the world, but some conversations and characters gave me a headache and I couldn't see past that or tolerate it and I knew it is getting worse with the progression of the story. But the No Alphabets mod and some of the other cut a lot of that out of the game and I finally can enjoy the game once more.
I really should write a letter to the complainant who lead me here and thank him. Jokes aside, a part of me is seroius about this. I thought I wasted my money on this product. :)
Ah stories like this warm my heart. It's odd isn't it, these people were advocating for freedom for adults to do as they like in their bedrooms, now they want the exact opposite for sane people.
n3IVI0

Post by n3IVI0 »

I have never played this game unmodded. I cannot even imagine how bad it would suck. Which is probably an unwise phrase to use around Gale and Astarion. ;)

The Left is all about choice until they have power, then they take away everyone's choice. Including the choice to not have fagtard propaganda rubbed in their face every which way they turn. So, the truth is revealed. They never wanted choice, only the power to deny choice to others, and force everyone to accept their evil, deviant lifestyles.

Last edited by n3IVI0 on March 2nd, 2024, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
BaldursNotGay3

Post by BaldursNotGay3 »

Braintoast93 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 12:47
I'm here for similar reasons. It's funny that enemys of mods like this are the ones who push them the most by complaining everywhere about them. The first "forbidden" mod I heared about this way was that one which makes Wyll white which was also banned from NexusMods. I never thought about making Wyll white by myself but I surely found it right and fitting for the world, so I was looking for it. Same with mods on this site. It's fascinating what creativity, skills and the support of AI can do to a game. I was very afraid of chapter 3. I started to play Baldur's Gate 3 a couple of months before but I never played beyond chapter 1, because I tried out many classes and mods. I even reached a point where I said, that I want to quit this game for good, because the modern Zeitgeist is so obvious, that it hurt my mind. I wanted to like the game for its mechanics and exploring the world, but some conversations and characters gave me a headache and I couldn't see past that or tolerate it and I knew it is getting worse with the progression of the story. But the No Alphabets mod and some of the other cut a lot of that out of the game and I finally can enjoy it once more.
Same experience here. As far as im concerned this mod is canon.
lolimao2024

Post by lolimao2024 »

Finally something that fixes this game and makes it less woke :), good job mate!!!
7Trickster

Post by 7Trickster »

Hey, just wanted to say hi and thanks for the work !
I don't care much about the alphabets but it gets mentally exhausting to see companies pandering and going above and beyond for ~1% of the population.

Some couples ? ok whatever, but you can smell it in almost every instance in the game : books/documents you read in-game, characters, dialogue... fuck this shite.
Glad we can have something to get rid of this ESG/woke stupidity. That's a lot of work here and it's nice you can share it. Sure as shit wouldn't be possible with the idiots from the Nexus. Sadly I still use it for mods (LS doesn't have anything for BG3), but it's cool I found this website aswell as some form of alternative.
Last edited by 7Trickster on March 3rd, 2024, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Lothar123

Post by Lothar123 »

First, thanks for existing and making this game playable. I had to delete Better aesthetics (Whiter version) and No Alphabets since the patch broke them (couldn't progress to Shadowfell). Where do I download the latest? It's not obvious on the first page. "Go to the forum post..." where is it lol?
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Lothar123 wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 18:12
First, thanks for existing and making this game playable. I had to delete Better aesthetics (Whiter version) and No Alphabets since the patch broke them (couldn't progress to Shadowfell). Where do I download the latest? It's not obvious on the first page. "Go to the forum post..." where is it lol?
In a middle of a post there is a table with download links.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Lothar123 wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 18:12
Guess I need to make stuff more obvious.
Aevann

Post by Aevann »

I just came from Basedmods looking for an update of this great mod. Thank you so much.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Aevann wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 23:31
I just came from Basedmods looking for an update of this great mod. Thank you so much.
welcome :toot:
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

pieface wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 22:04
Women aren't capable in combat, they never have been. If you disagree with this and you like roleplaying as a woman then your brain is warped bigtime.
I get where you're coming from, but the purpose of No Alphabets lies elsewhere. You can make a request in Mod Requests if you'd like. I know you're not the only one who thinks this way.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

fkirenicus wrote: February 29th, 2024, 17:57
Oyster Sauce wrote: October 29th, 2023, 20:42
As soon as it's revealed they're a couple, they both cease being characters. They literally don't say anything that isn't some variation of "OMG I love my girlfriend uguu~~~". You could cut it all.
100% to the point. I actually have no problem with DAME Aylin, nor her being lesbian. But the not-very-good impression she gives when meeting her the first time in the Shadowfell turns to me facepalming when meeting with her in the camp afterwards, and she reveals herself to be a rather shallow, obscene and "ooooh look how gay I am!" character that has no depth at all, really. Same with Isobel. So yeah, you hit the spot with your comment, Oyster Sauce.

That said, I would actually like a version that makes her remain - well, her, and lesbian, since obviously Isobel is female :-) - and rather either cuts her irritating "I've got a darling to adore" or better yet, aims to re-write dialogs to make her the complex character she ought to be. She, a celestial being, has been imprisoned and killed over and over for a century, and all she wants to talk about is her "darling"? This is some serious bad writing by Larian (probably with much input from WotC, I suspect).

Also, some of the rest of the same-sex relationships and marriages just seem weird - probably because they are overdone/exaggarated (almost everyone in this game is gay, it seems at times).
The only hetero couple I can remember right now (because I just did that quest) is Locke and Komira, and they are killed... and yeah, the alleged dwarf wife-beater. And Danis, who as far as I know dies, leaving poor Bex alone.

I found this because of bragging from "tolerant" and "inclusive" people who celebrated the mod being removed from Nexus. Like many others, I guess.
...so, to finally make my point (about time, after almost a week, no? :-)) :
A mod that fixes all the weird same-sex marriages/relationships that just seem out of place and/or have no bearing on the story, but keeps Dame Aylin as she is genderwise (and also Isobel), but fixes some of her shallow (or outright irritating) dialogs (or at least removes that obnoxius utterly cringeworthy "Begone friend, I have a darling to adore" and its like), is really what I would like to see. :-)
In fact, the Ser Aylin component here is the only thing STOPPING me from using this (since in my opinion, Isobel and Aylin's relationship does make sense, though the writers at Larian have butchered their characters, esp. Aylin), but I (probably) would love to use all other changes in this mod. :-)
There are so many gay couples in this game that I suspect Larian have made them this way to cater to a special audience. And about 95% of them do not make any sense at all (except for political correctness), though again, IMO, Dame Aylin and Isobel do. E.g., I suspect the Ironhand gnomes will be extinct soon anyway, with most if not every single one of them being gay...? :-P
It's just silly. Actually, they remind me somewhat of "the only gay in the village" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScQcM0tzW4.

Final rant about the quality of the game:
Playing BG3 both on PC (modded, obviously, Act 2) and in Act 3 on PS5 with the wife, and have to say there's a turning point after freeing Aylin: the quality of dialogs and NPCs drop dramatically from that point. Rivington etc. is not a very well written place, and filled with utterly pointless characters that all appear to have an extremely bad day. Sharess' Caress and most of its characters is some of the worst crap I've seen in a computer game (with a nymph that is way out of character), and completely out of place compared to the hidden brothel of BG1. And some of the dialogs inside and just outside of the building is face palm material. Very 2024 rw metropolis and not so much large city in a (mostly) medieval setting. And the less said about the drow couple/siblings in SC the better.

Chapters 1 and 2 were at times marvellous, chapter 3 is a disaster so far (about to enter the throne room at Wyrm's Rock, though I liked the save quest to save Councillor F).
Last edited by fkirenicus on March 4th, 2024, 17:20, edited 23 times in total.
citard

Post by citard »

I don't think the character creator part of the mod works with the Wyll mod (or at all), to be honest. It shows me both the "gender and musculature" and the "gender" part.
Last edited by citard on March 5th, 2024, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

citard wrote: March 5th, 2024, 01:04
I don't think the character creator part of the mod works with the Wyll mod (or at all), to be honest. It shows me both the "gender and musculature" and the "gender" part.
Latest patch might have broken CCreator, I'll have a look when I have more time.
Last edited by orinEsque on March 5th, 2024, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Calumininium

Post by Calumininium »

Metalhead33 wrote: March 1st, 2024, 14:08
Calumininium wrote: March 1st, 2024, 13:21
"Epidemic of male loneliness" Is there really such a thing ? And is it bad ?

I feel like by logic if there are more lonely men then there are more lonely women too.

28% of men vs just 18% of women.

The loneliness epidemic is primarily effecting men, because a man wants a woman to himself and does not want to share (it would be cucked to share). Women will just share a smaller number of men among each other.

But we're getting really off-topic here.
It's just about sex, obviously in america, women are having easier time getting sex, this country is full degeneracy when it comes to women "empowerment or whatever", but having sex does not equate having a meaningful partner that doesn't make them feel lonely, iirc, on the same kind of stats women in general feel twice as much depressed and lonely so they might having sex but it seems like it doesn't suit them either nor let them feel less lonely :

So I don't see this "epidemic" primarly affecting men, and I don't think this loneliness is automatically a bad thing because having a culture "forcing" or at least "accommodating" relationships isn't so great for eugenics.
I would rather see depressed drugged degenerates ruining their life on mindless consumption than seeing them reproduce.
But at the same time as the degeneracy is akin to a virus it's quite contagious and it's harder to find a partner with a functioning brain and a decent soul, but what I want to say it's better to chose loneliness over choosing a degenerate.

But ye it's a wide topic, too much factors to cover, but the narrative it's an "epidemic" affecting men primarily is wrong to my observations, also it seems that men (as shown in similar type of stats) handle loneliness much better than women in general.

Here is some more detailed data about it :

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 6231202685

Last edited by Calumininium on March 5th, 2024, 08:16, edited 2 times in total.
olibeniron

Post by olibeniron »

The latest discussions here just make me think about Dragon Age (all games) where it was purely your choice if you wanted to go gay or not. There were SOME hints of untraditional NPCs and some companions that would only smash with you if you were a certain gender, but overall you didn't even notice it unlike in BG3 where it is shoved in your face. Like you could literally finish the game without seeing even a hint on anything romantic, I think. And you had to have like 80 favor or higher to even initiate smth. In BG3, you are gonna be jumped at somewhere around 20 favor, which is just ridiculous.

Anyway, I came back here today to ask about compatibility with Famous British Narrator and Male Narrator mods. My dream of swapping the female narrator has finally came true (sorry not sorry, as a woman I do want to hear a constant male's voice in my ear, especially during some... moments), but I'm pretty sure it could mess with some changes brought by NA?
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

olibeniron wrote: March 5th, 2024, 08:53
The latest discussions here just make me think about Dragon Age (all games) where it was purely your choice if you wanted to go gay or not. There were SOME hints of untraditional NPCs and some companions that would only smash with you if you were a certain gender, but overall you didn't even notice it unlike in BG3 where it is shoved in your face. Like you could literally finish the game without seeing even a hint on anything romantic, I think. And you had to have like 80 favor or higher to even initiate smth. In BG3, you are gonna be jumped at somewhere around 20 favor, which is just ridiculous.
Dorian ftw! 😁 Best good guy in the entire party, IMO.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

fkirenicus wrote: March 5th, 2024, 09:01
I was unironically surprised that his writing was so restrained. Well, until the personal quest with his father. I can just imagine some pent-up SJW at Bioware going "Don't write stereotypical gay bullshit, no steretypical gay bullshit... ahhhh what the fuck!" and then writing that cringeworthy cure-the-gays questline.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

SoLong wrote: March 5th, 2024, 10:58
fkirenicus wrote: March 5th, 2024, 09:01
I was unironically surprised that his writing was so restrained. Well, until the personal quest with his father. I can just imagine some pent-up SJW at Bioware going "Don't write stereotypical gay bullshit, no steretypical gay bullshit... ahhhh what the fuck!" and then writing that cringeworthy cure-the-gays questline.
Still, better than Solas... Who one of the developers would not make neither bisexual nor gay "in order to avoid harmful stereotyping" or some such.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

fkirenicus wrote: March 5th, 2024, 15:29
Still, better than Solas... Who one of the developers would not make neither bisexual nor gay "in order to avoid harmful stereotyping" or some such.
Every day I hate these twats a little more.