We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Very normal Polish game devs are at it again

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
GhostCow
Turtle
Turtle

Post by GhostCow »

I've had this one of my wishlist for a really long time. I can't tell if it's based or some kind of parody, but I plan to find out when it releases.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Producing something so disgraceful should be met with consequences. Sick and tired of degenerates mocking Christ and getting away with it. This isn't so much a "game" as a work of irony, and it will be received as such on internet forums and videos. Not saying they should be lynched, but there should be fines or deplatforming. They do far worse to us.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Lmfao..

> Jesus creeping around in a low crouch like a dishonored game
> :starts casting a spell: >WALK IN WATER MODE ENABLED<

Game might secretly be based and amazing.. @rusty_shackleford I expect any posts discussing the storyline / surprise ending to be spoiler tags only.

Waiting for the Mary Magdalene Mod :eyebrows:
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

It's so tiresome.

Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by Shillitron on October 8th, 2023, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

It doesn't seem to be a real game. Looks like a fake Unreal engine demo made for lulz and then put on steam to siphon funding from the Polish govt.

Btw, the same publisher also announced Phantom Doctrine 2, which looks like a fake demo as well.
GhostCow
Turtle
Turtle

Post by GhostCow »

I truly hope that this is an honest attempt to give people a fun way to learn the story of Christ. I feel like @KnightoftheWind is being far too hard on it.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Even were it sincere, and there's no way that it is, it would still be blasphemous to put the player in control of a virtual representation of the Son of God.
GhostCow
Turtle
Turtle

Post by GhostCow »

I just want someone to make some Christian games that are actually good. Not like those shitty bible games on the NES.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

GhostCow wrote: August 31st, 2023, 01:18
I just want someone to make some Christian games that are actually good. Not like those shitty bible games on the NES.
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

You know it's gonna be something special when 7/10 review score quotes is all you can muster for your Steam page.
KnightoftheWind

Just having a game with Christian 'themes' would suffice. For instance, the main character could be a soldier of the Byzantine empire or even a Crusader. Or just 'be' a Christian and have the game's story be told through that perspective. Have themes illustrating the battle against dark forces, and the triumph of Christ over death and the things of this world. I would even settle, at a bare minimum, for a game that doesn't mock or otherwise depict the Church as being untrustworthy or outright Evil.

All of that is better than a game where you play as figures depicted in scripture, least of all Christ Himself. It is utter blasphemy to "control" him the same way you would control any video game.
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

Won't happen because Christianity is a pincushion religion that has already begun changing their church structure and bastardizing scripture to accommodate faggots in a weak bid to appear progressive.

Until militant Christians arise in plentiful number and take the power back we're stuck with the angle that all things related to Jesus/God is inherently evil and steeped in hypocrisy and it is for that reason alone you should be accepting of 120 Days of Sodom parades.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

You take that back! I played the King of Kings and Exodus games from Wisdom Tree all the time. Plus they were the only video games my grandma ever bought me. Jumping in King of Kings still influences how I expect jumping to feel in games now.

Exodus was just a plain good puzzler.

There was one I never played that was a Zelda clone, but that looked so cool to me.

WhiteShark wrote: August 31st, 2023, 01:01
Even were it sincere, and there's no way that it is, it would still be blasphemous to put the player in control of a virtual representation of the Son of God.
Yeah, I don't understand the people who seem to unironically think this is good. Can people make choices of what Jesus does? Can Jesus lose a fight? Can you make Him do something that doesn't happen in scripture, or do something "wrong"? If you can, it's blasphemous. If you can't, it's not a game.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

Strange people are upset over a video game adaptation of the Holy Gospels. Glad there is finally a Christian game not based on some shitty Genesis or Exodus story, but on the most beautiful part of the Bible instead.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Gastrick wrote: August 31st, 2023, 03:56
Strange people are upset over a video game adaptation of the Holy Gospels. Glad there is finally a Christian game not based on some shitty Genesis or Exodus story, but on the most beautiful part of the Bible instead.
Playing as Jesus is inherently sacrilegious. There's really no way around this.
Either you're required to do everything as in the scriptures exactly as written… then why have a game?
...Or, you do a bunch of totally exciting and non-canon Jesus stuff! Which is incredibly sacrilegious.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 31st, 2023, 03:59
Either you're required to do everything as in the scriptures exactly as written… then why have a game?
...Or, you do a bunch of totally exciting and non-canon Jesus stuff! Which is incredibly sacrilegious.
Did not see any non-canon things in the video, you're jumping to conclusions about what will be in the game.

A video game would be a different way to experience to life of Christ Jesus than re-reading the Gospels. It will also help people new to Christianity learn more about Christ.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Gameplay explained by a sub-human blasphemer.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgpe54/ ... -simulator
The game begins with the search for John the Baptist. As Jesus, I had to ask my fellow villagers where he was and then make my way to him without starving. That mostly meant picking fruits from the bushes along the way to keep my health bar full.

My impression of this first level was that it was a bit of a hodgepodge, but the situation quickly escalated. In the next level, I, Jesus, had to fast in the desert while surrounded by angels training me to fight. Quite a bit of a departure from the source material – certainly no turning the other cheek in this one.

With the press of a button, I could instead gather the energy balls thrown at me by Satan and bounce them back, with a magma-filled crater as a backdrop (a natural feature obviously very common in Palestinian deserts).

Every now and then, I had to stop and pray to recharge my “Holy Spirit”, consumed by the use of my powers. I’m no theology expert, but I don’t recall Jesus ever running into the issue of a possible "Holy Spirit depletion", especially since I’m pretty sure the Bible says they’re supposed to be inextricably linked together as one God.
Yeah, sure, this sounds like a great way to teach the Bible. The Gospels tell a lot about how Jesus had to refill his Holy Spirit meter and how he Kamehameha'd Satan after fasting in the wilderness.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Jesus did so many things all the libraries in the world could not tell the story, so why couldn't he have gone on adventures with his powers?
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

Acrux wrote: August 31st, 2023, 04:33
Gameplay explained by a sub-human blasphemer.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jgpe54/ ... -simulator
The game begins with the search for John the Baptist. As Jesus, I had to ask my fellow villagers where he was and then make my way to him without starving. That mostly meant picking fruits from the bushes along the way to keep my health bar full.

My impression of this first level was that it was a bit of a hodgepodge, but the situation quickly escalated. In the next level, I, Jesus, had to fast in the desert while surrounded by angels training me to fight. Quite a bit of a departure from the source material – certainly no turning the other cheek in this one.

With the press of a button, I could instead gather the energy balls thrown at me by Satan and bounce them back, with a magma-filled crater as a backdrop (a natural feature obviously very common in Palestinian deserts).

Every now and then, I had to stop and pray to recharge my “Holy Spirit”, consumed by the use of my powers. I’m no theology expert, but I don’t recall Jesus ever running into the issue of a possible "Holy Spirit depletion", especially since I’m pretty sure the Bible says they’re supposed to be inextricably linked together as one God.
Too bad to hear, what a shame. 📉
KnightoftheWind

Gastrick wrote: August 31st, 2023, 04:24
rusty_shackleford wrote: August 31st, 2023, 03:59
Did not see any non-canon things in the video, you're jumping to conclusions about what will be in the game.

A video game would be a different way to experience to life of Christ Jesus than re-reading the Gospels. It will also help people new to Christianity learn more about Christ.
This argument is flimsy as hell. Also, it's not as if the past few centuries of Protestantism never happened, where the goal was to remake the very idea of Christianity into some D.I.Y, feel-good 'experience' where any Joe Six Pack off the street could "interpret" scripture any way he wanted and build his own "church" the next day. The last thing the Faith needs is more subversive nonsense.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Flimsy for a game? There you go about protestantism, you are obsessed.
KnightoftheWind

maidenhaver wrote: August 31st, 2023, 04:45
The entire movement is the poster child for the dangers of revolutionary thought, especially in the Church. The very Body of Christ on Earth. By this very metric, you could justify the inclusion of so many degenerate things. All of a sudden tranny preachers and priests would be permissible, because hey- it would only help bring said trannies into the fold, right?.

This idea that the Faith must debase itself or it's teachings in order to appeal to the very people who seek it's mockery and destruction is ridiculous. Let them come to Church of their own free will and desire to learn about things beyond themselves, beyond material things. Not because they "HECKIN' played as Jesus in a video game, bro!".
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

KnightoftheWind wrote: August 31st, 2023, 04:50
maidenhaver wrote: August 31st, 2023, 04:45
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

maidenhaver wrote: August 31st, 2023, 04:41
Jesus did so many things all the libraries in the world could not tell the story, so why couldn't he have gone on adventures with his powers?
Well, there are books that tell stories like that, such as the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, but those are all pseudoepigraphs filled with gnostic heresies.