Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Assassin's Creed Shadows: we wuz samurai n shiet

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

WhiteShark wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 21:26
there is no record of Yasuke being granted a Japanese surname.
Yasuke Obama
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

He wasn't a 小姓 koshō. Koshō had to be well educated, cultured, and skilled in martial arts; Yasuke, who never mastered Japanese and served Nobunaga for a grand total of fourteen months, could not have been. Furthermore, koshō were expected to fight to the death to protect their lord; Yasuke, who surrendered upon polite request, did not. Koshō belonged to the warrior class, and therefore had surnames; there is no record of Yasuke being granted a Japanese surname.

There is no evidence either way concerning whether Yasuke was an object of Nobunaga's sodomic advances. It is possible that Nobunaga buckbroke him. That still wouldn't have made him a koshō.
Yeah, if I had to bet my life he was probably a circus freak carried around with the court, being an African and all. Jester at best.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 21:27

were samurais autistic?
From reading history books the whole honor talk was lip service, they double crossed and betrayed each other all the time. More Shredder than Splinter.
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 21:27
Furthermore, koshō were expected to fight to the death to protect their lord; Yasuke, who surrendered upon polite request, did not.
I'm not even a weeb and I know this is proof enough he wasn't a samurai
dude just rolled over when asked to, samurai are all "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HONOR"

were samurais autistic?
Aren't all Asians just autistic by default?
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Nobunaga unified Japan but he separated dem cheeks
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

How crazy that we learned everyone in history is gay right as we were forced to accept gay marriage
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I'm actually grateful to Ubisoft for giving me a reason to learn about this stuff. Japanese history has so many different military and governmental ranks, social classes, and hard-to-read names that I often don't know where to begin. Inquiry into Yasuke as a(n almost totally irrelevant) historical figure gives me a nice starting point.
Last edited by WhiteShark on May 22nd, 2024, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

WhiteShark wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 22:03
I'm actually grateful to Ubisoft for giving me a reason to learn about this stuff. Japanese history has so many different military and governmental ranks, social classes, and hard-to-read names that I often don't know where to begin. Inquiry into Yasuke as a (almost totally irrelevant) historical figure gives me a nice starting point.
Are people still named Yasuke or did that kind of fall out of fashion?
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 22:04
I'm actually grateful to Ubisoft for giving me a reason to learn about this stuff. Japanese history has so many different military and governmental ranks, social classes, and hard-to-read names that I often don't know where to begin. Inquiry into Yasuke as a (almost totally irrelevant) historical figure gives me a nice starting point.
Shame on Ubisoft for using his slave name.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Jordy wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 22:11
Shame on Ubisoft for using his slave name.
I'm guessing nb*click*cha was hard to pronounce
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I can't find it on any 'top baby name' lists and the like, but there are a few Yasukes on Wikipedia, of which the most recent I could find died in 2005, so it seems it's still in use.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

What about an isekai game where a 70s black guy, an 80s black guy, and a 90s black guy are all transported to feudal Japan and have to learn to work together to survive?
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 22:19
and have to learn to work
Haha. Good one.
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 19:03
WaterMage wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 19:01

Each day I hope more and more for a video game crash. All AAA studios must go bankrupt. They are too infected with neo marxism virus to be saved.
Why yes, I will pay $130 for a single player game where the samurai is asian
I will pay $30 at the most. You people need to learn you are competing with piracy.
Я гуар, я не хочу ничего делать. Я хочу фыр-фыр-фыр.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Powerful.

Last edited by Segata on June 11th, 2024, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I like the hip hop beats that play when he's fighting the boss
Rand

Post by Rand »

nyxnyx wrote: May 20th, 2024, 10:42
my local LLM seems... much more passionate about this topic compared to ChatGPT.
I love how retardation has morphed "pass the fucking muster" to "cut the fucking mustard".
Last edited by Rand on June 11th, 2024, 19:01, edited 2 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

The oriental bowing to the nigger.
How the "progressives" must wet themselves over this.
Zothique

Post by Zothique »

So wait, who is going to be Yasuke's lover in this game? Someone from the ship he came on? You mean a fucking white Portuguese dude or something? That would be grand to see hahahaha.

Post by 1998 »

It's time for a White Male Protagonist tag on Steam.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

1998 wrote: June 12th, 2024, 07:14
They will try to shut it down. Even if it were started by a progressive faggot as a way to shame game devs, people would just use it to see which games are actually worth playing.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Such a wasted opportunity. I would have loved to have played an AC game with a genuine samurai/ninja story.

Post by 1998 »

logincrash wrote: June 12th, 2024, 07:20
1998 wrote: June 12th, 2024, 07:14
They will try to shut it down. Even if it were started by a progressive faggot as a way to shame game devs, people would just use it to see which games are actually worth playing.
Of course, but they aren't exactly known for their wits or critical thinking. Could probably lead them towards including trigger warnings for games. WARNING! CONTAINS WHITE MALE STRAIGHT CHARACTERS!
Zothique

Post by Zothique »

Segata wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 20:13
Ackchyually, Yasuke being a feudal gay samurai is historically accurate

Where do all of these fucking "medieval Japan" experts on social media come from? Oh wow, what great timing. Let the whole world know this one weird fact about some negroi fucking "samurai" (aka ball-washer/fluffer most likely) who did this and this. Take that racist white people!

Like, do these people stay on the fucking internet waiting to inform the world of their random-ass edumacation in order to look like a virtuous person for once in their life or something?
RangerBoo

Post by RangerBoo »

They really didn't think this through did they? This is literally a; "How do you do fellow black people?" I am shocked that they didn't have him dribbling a basketball while fighting. I mean they might as well go all in with the stereotype. What's next? The healing items in this game going to be fried chicken? I mean seriously.
Last edited by RangerBoo on June 12th, 2024, 09:34, edited 2 times in total.
A misogynist is just a man who hates women almost as much as women hate other women.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

RangerBoo wrote: June 12th, 2024, 09:20
They really didn't think this through did they? This is literally a; "How do you do fellow black people?" I am shocked that they didn't have him dribbling a basketball while fighting. I mean they might as well go all in with the stereotype. What's next? The healing items in this game going to be fried chicken? I mean seriously.
it'd at least be funny if they did that

putting niggers in a setting where they don't belong for a meme has some entertainment value, but unironically? real crungo hours
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Gamedevs are just fetishists peddling trash to stupid children.
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Getting the female protagonist pregnant and then leaving.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Coalburner's Creed: Toll Paid
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Mudshark no Jutsu