We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
RPGHQ HAS BEEN TARGETED BY GLOBALISTS! WE'VE BEEN DEPLATFORMED! DON'T LET THEM TURN THE FROGS GAY!!

HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Junior Adventurer's Guild - June: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ

What should we play in June?

Poll ended at June 1st, 2024, 00:59

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
No votes
Dragon Age: Origins
5%
Drakensang
No votes
Expeditions: Conquistador
14%
Mars: War Logs
No votes
Of Orcs and Men
9%
Shadowrun Returns
9%
System Shock 2
5%
Two Worlds
9%
Vampire: The: Masquerade: Bloodlnes
50%
Xenogears
No votes

Total votes: 22

Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

I dunno, some bugs are pretty tasty, and they are high in protein.

And let's be real here: People eat lobsters. Do you even know what lobsters eat? Lobsters eat poop. I don't see why eating bugs from the sea is somehow better than eating bugs on land.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Vergil wrote: June 4th, 2024, 07:21
It's a trash item for selling at vendors.
Of all things, why estrogen? Why not cigarettes or something else people are more likely to have on them?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Jordy wrote: June 4th, 2024, 07:26
Vergil wrote: June 4th, 2024, 07:21
It's a trash item for selling at vendors.
Of all things, why estrogen? Why not cigarettes or something else people are more likely to have on them?
To be funny. The past is a foreign country etc.
Sweet as a sugar plum
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

It was just a harmless obscure movie reference... now it's bigger than all of us...
Sweet as a sugar plum
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Norfleet wrote: June 4th, 2024, 07:23

And let's be real here: People eat lobsters. Do you even know what lobsters eat? Lobsters eat poop. I don't see why eating bugs from the sea is somehow better than eating bugs on land.
Holy shit, you are LARPing.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

logincrash wrote: June 4th, 2024, 08:10

Calling in @rusty_shackleford for the sea bug conversation.
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Vampires
Sweet as a sugar plum
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Acrux wrote: June 4th, 2024, 08:12
logincrash wrote: June 4th, 2024, 08:10

Calling in @rusty_shackleford for the sea bug conversation.
Steam friend code: 40552640
https://steamcommunity.com/friends/add
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

I will remind you that eating a sea bug is roughly on the scale of eating a bug you fished out of the terlet. Except at least everything in the terlet came out of your own ass, instead of somebody else's.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

>bugs, earth
>don't have muscle and are full of goo
>only way to eat them is to cook them whole

>bugs, sea
>have tasty muscle
>you don't eat their chitin at all
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

>bugs, earth
>not fished out of the world's terlet

>bugs, sea
>eat poop
>fished out of the world's terlet
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Norfleet wrote: June 4th, 2024, 08:45
OMG, did you know that the ocean is actually, like, really dirty and stuff? So, all this nasty shellfish is, like, yucky unlike those cockroaches and maggots.
Nigga, actual bugs live in and eat actual shit.

Edit: comfy Santa Monica architecture with a retro reshade to appease the tyrannical moderators.
I am just about to do the warehouse exploder quest and can't decide whether to turn it into a bloodbath or ghost the whole thing Sam Fisher style for extra 2-3 XP.
Last edited by logincrash on June 4th, 2024, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

All bug/delicious lobster discussion is to be accompanied by a brief discussion of your progress so far as well as a cool screenshot :mad:
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Element wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 05:39
Managed to save both of the sisters for the very first time. 5 in persuasion suffices.
Yeah, I had Persuasion 5 too and saved both, even though I never gave Jeanette the pendant and outright refused to go to the gallery to destroy paintings (because I'm playing as a Diva).
I read somewhere that you had to do whatever they told you and be polite to both to save them, but I guess politeness was enough on its own.
Maybe it's the Unofficial Patch thing (even though I'm playing on the basic and not the Plus version, as per OP).
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

Just finished reading the manual and installing the game. I'll be trying a ranged focused Toreador but I'm unfamiliar with Vampire: The Masquerade so I'm not sure how effective bullets will be versus vampires yet.
The three evils that humanity faces:
Censorship
Telemetry
DRM
Element

Post by Element »

I've put down Kanker and Jezebel with a shotgun at a ranged of 7. It's doable, even though melee is easier in the early game.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

logincrash wrote: June 4th, 2024, 09:53
Norfleet wrote: June 4th, 2024, 08:45
OMG, did you know that the ocean is actually, like, really dirty and stuff? So, all this nasty shellfish is, like, yucky unlike those cockroaches and maggots.
Nigga, actual bugs live in and eat actual shit.

Edit: comfy Santa Monica architecture with a retro reshade to appease the tyrannical moderators.
I am just about to do the warehouse exploder quest and can't decide whether to turn it into a bloodbath or ghost the whole thing Sam Fisher style for extra 2-3 XP.
Blood bath. Make Vlad proud.
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

logincrash wrote: June 4th, 2024, 21:36
or ghost the whole thing Sam Fisher style for extra 2-3 XP.
You don't actually have to ghost it for the extra XP. It's only a non-lethal bonus and only until you place the astrolite. Technically you could run through like a chicken with his head on fire, place the astrolite, and then massacre the place on your way out and still get the bonus. It's pretty retarded.
Last edited by Vergil on June 4th, 2024, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet as a sugar plum
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

I like short games. As a comparison to KOTOR, VTMB has less backtracking and doesn't feel like it wastes my time as much as kotor did. I made it to menaan and then said fuck it. Kotor just couldn't keep my attention, maybe it was the clunky "real time turn based" combat, maybe it was the bland dialog.

Everyones a Malkavian in the end......
► Show Spoiler
Sadly I didn't get a SS of flipping nines the bird. He would show up with 2 nigger vamps in the end screen. Fucking World of Wokeness

Malkavian made this game a breeze, just spamming Vision of Death and Hysteria+Feed made almost every combat zone a cake walk. I had downloaded a 3rd party model so I couldn't use any armor because it would make my model disappear. So I did the entire game in the basic clothing, still no issues.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

maidenhaver wrote: June 4th, 2024, 21:36
Blood bath. Make Vlad proud.
Vergil wrote: June 4th, 2024, 21:55
You don't actually have to ghost it for the extra XP. It's only a non-lethal bonus and only until you place the astrolite. Technically you could run through like a chicken with his head on fire, place the astrolite, and then massacre the place on your way out and still get the bonus. It's pretty retarded.
I just ran through the entire level killing the same dude dozens of times so I could explore the layout in peace. (Did you know that there's a lockpick lying on the ground near one of the train cars? Is it possible to lose the tutorial lockpick or something?) Then I reloaded, snuck into the office, planted the bomb and Celerity-ed my way outta there, dodging bullets and shit.
So, I had the satisfaction of a bloodbath AND I got the extra 2 XP. I also read that you get another XP bonus if you don't drink blood nor get spotted at all, but that might be a UP+ thing.
► Screenshot Report
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

@Oyster Sauce what's the cutoff for the JAG games? I want to put Soulbringer in one of the pools.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Boontaker wrote: June 5th, 2024, 00:18
I like short games. As a comparison to KOTOR, VTMB has less backtracking and doesn't feel like it wastes my time as much as kotor did. I made it to menaan and then said fuck it. Kotor just couldn't keep my attention, maybe it was the clunky "real time turn based" combat, maybe it was the bland dialog.
CheatEngine's speedhack is very useful for older games that relied heavily on backtracking. Modern games tended to just replace backtracking with empty open worlds, I'd say it's worse.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I am LaCroix's strongest soldier :salute:
Sweet as a sugar plum
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

I noticed that only one of them was in the room after taking the elevator but I still wasn't expecting the sisters to be the same person. Vampires have been flying and teleporting all over the place so the other one leaving via some unknown method seemed plausible enough that I ignored the warning signs.
The three evils that humanity faces:
Censorship
Telemetry
DRM
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Vergil wrote: June 5th, 2024, 07:35
I am LaCroix's strongest soldier
It's a pity Bloodlines does such a shitty job of showing things from the Camarilla's side. You have that one Nosferatu in the starting map that has sex with Jeanette who mentions that it's easy for Anarchs to shit on the Camarilla from the sidelines, and Strauss comes across as reasonable, even amicable.

But then you're constantly forced to compare LaCroix with Nines, which feels like a deliberate attempt to make the Camarilla look bad.

Granted, Damsel does come across as a complete imbecile, and Jack's comments about humans being cattle show that even though Anarchs are "freedom fighters", they're still vampires, but it still feels like the game doesn't do particularly good job of balancing the metaphorical scales.
Last edited by gerey on June 5th, 2024, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

gerey wrote: June 5th, 2024, 10:09
But then you're constantly forced to compare LaCroix with Nines, which feels like a deliberate attempt to make the Camarilla look bad.
After seeing Nines' introduction recently after such a long time, yeah, it does feel like the devs wanted him to be the big badass motherfucker. But it comes off so try-hard that I feel compelled to dislike him.
Honestly, I forgot so much stuff from this game, stuff like Nines saving you from Sabbat scum or the fact that the main one just breaks the 4th wall.
Element

Post by Element »

Jack's comments
He's also a libtard
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Element wrote: June 5th, 2024, 10:52
Jack's comments
He's also a libtard
That "fascist crap" stops vampires from being wiped out. They survive only due to not being known. Repeated breaks of the masquerade lead to the second inquisition which resulted in special forces going around genociding vamps, they don't stand a chance against an informed human populace.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 5th, 2024, 07:22
@Oyster Sauce what's the cutoff for the JAG games? I want to put Soulbringer in one of the pools.
Probably wouldn't get voted for anytime soon so you can have it