We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Junior Adventurer's Guild - June: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ

What should we play in June?

Poll ended at June 1st, 2024, 00:59

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
No votes
Dragon Age: Origins
5%
Drakensang
No votes
Expeditions: Conquistador
14%
Mars: War Logs
No votes
Of Orcs and Men
9%
Shadowrun Returns
9%
System Shock 2
5%
Two Worlds
9%
Vampire: The: Masquerade: Bloodlnes
50%
Xenogears
No votes

Total votes: 22

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Element wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 15:21
wait, Cain wasn't lead programmer?
Cain did very little work on Bloodlines. He came in last minute to do some programming.
Sweet as a sugar plum
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I went full retard and installed a gay little reshade that made the game look all retro and shit.
It's kinda cool how Carson actually shows you his chopped off finger when he says "Look, this psycho chopped off my finger." A lot of other games just wouldn't even bother with changing his model, nevermind animating him showing you his hand.

Did you know that you can jump over the stairs to avoid falling down to the basement?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Gonna be honest with you brotherman that looks absolutely horrible.
Last edited by Vergil on June 3rd, 2024, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet as a sugar plum
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Decided to install this and give it a go. Weirdly, I have an hour in this game and don't remember there being a tutorial section. I just remember being dumped in a city with no goal.

Enjoying it so far but seem to be dumped with some dreadlock junkie as my character. Went with the answer questions option to build a character and got this.

Edit: Gangrel clan
Last edited by Jordy on June 3rd, 2024, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Carson looks like Nicolas Cage to me:

logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Turns out you can even get the ghost's pendant going down to the basement only once, when you have to go down in the dumbwaiter.
All in all, it was a good haunted house experience.
Vergil wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 18:29
Gonna be honest with you brotherman that looks absolutely horrible.
That's part of the charm.
But, yeah, the hotel interior genuinely looked pretty bad.

The main streets are comfy.
Last edited by logincrash on June 3rd, 2024, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Jordy wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 18:33
Weirdly, I have an hour in this game and don't remember there being a tutorial section. I just remember being dumped in a city with no goal.

Enjoying it so far but seem to be dumped with some dreadlock junkie as my character. Went with the answer questions option to build a character and got this.

Dude, there's the whole Jack tutorial. And in the intro cutscene Lacroix spells out your goal before you're "dumped in a city".
Congratulations on getting the fake-werewolf clan. They are one of the least special playthroughs of the game at least. I hope you like not standing erect.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Irenaeus wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 18:44
Dude, there's the whole Jack tutorial. And in the intro cutscene Lacroix spells out your goal before you're "dumped in a city".
I'm not sure why I don't remember any of this. Maybe I skipped the tutorial somehow. I think it said 2014 last played.
Congratulations on getting the fake-werewolf clan. They are one of the least special playthroughs of the game at least. I hope you like not standing erect.
I'll definitely do more than one playthrough. Next run I'll build a character.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Jordy wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 18:33
Decided to install this and give it a go. Weirdly, I have an hour in this game and don't remember there being a tutorial section. I just remember being dumped in a city with no goal.

>leveling a physical attribute
It's over
Sweet as a sugar plum
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

lol I picked the seducer clan and killed all the beach house bullies with my fists. I have drained three whores in the same alley, too. Feels easy.

Is nosferatu the actual difficulty?
Last edited by maidenhaver on June 3rd, 2024, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

maidenhaver wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 22:19
lol I picked the seducer clan and killed all the beach house bullies with my fists. I have drained three whores in the same alley, too. Feels easy.

There is no difficulty. This isn't meant to be a challenge game. Nosferatu just adds an extra layer of loading screens when you have to traverse the map via the sewers.

Post by 1998 »

Norfleet wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 23:06

There is no difficulty. This isn't meant to be a challenge game. Nosferatu just adds an extra layer of loading screens when you have to traverse the map via the sewers.
The difficulty lies in not getting tricked into believing a social stealth character is viable. As long you max out any combat skills you are fine. What changes is the difficulty of single encounter. With a slow Gangrel melee build, range encounter with wider open maps are more difficult.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

1998 wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 23:53
The difficulty lies in not getting tricked into believing a social stealth character is viable.
I have to assume this was common because at one point every person who talked about this game online and that I knew personally would talk about how awful and difficult the combat (especially the final boss) was but it was piss easy on my first go.
Sweet as a sugar plum

Post by 1998 »

Vergil wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 23:55
The difficulty lies in not getting tricked into believing a social stealth character is viable.
I have to assume this was common because at one point every person who talked about this game online and that I knew personally would talk about how awful and difficult the combat (especially the final boss) was but it was piss easy on my first go.
First time I went with full social, could get along with come cheese and pain early on, don't remember where I basically hit the soft block. Was already a bit in. Whole china town would be nearly impossible to beat. Maybe you could cheese the hell out of it, idk
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Nosferatu has issues at the start of the game when you have to crawl through sewers, and stupid easy at the end when you can just Obfuscate through 95% of the BS the game throws at you.

It is meant to be an inverse of the Ventrue/Toreador experience where the beginning is stupid easy, but then when you're in the sewers you need to have blood bags on you, otherwise it's a nightmare. :)
Just like Yves, I chase tales
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Is there a story reason wolves are following me?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

maidenhaver wrote: June 4th, 2024, 00:21
Yea they can tell you're a furry and want to glomp you
Sweet as a sugar plum
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

The_Mask wrote: June 4th, 2024, 00:03
It is meant to be an inverse of the Ventrue/Toreador experience where the beginning is stupid easy, but then when you're in the sewers you need to have blood bags on you, otherwise it's a nightmare. :)
I would figure that Toreador would be easy throughout, since they have Celerity, and by that point in the game, your skills in doing things is no longer shit and you basically have bullet time to rampage around killing with. I mean, it's not Brujah with Potence AND Celerity, but melee is far less sensitive to stopping power and super-speed works fine with guns, too.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Vergil wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 23:55
The combat is "awful and difficult" because you are pretty much required to max guns if you want them to perform properly according to the standards set by the shooter genre, without which they are basically worthless. So if you don't do this, you basically just can't shoot, and many enemies do not obligingly come to within punching distance.

Melee, on the other hand, is relatively insensitive to damage-based stopping power and functions fully with zero pips, as melee skill only enhances your damage-dealing, while guns defines whether you can even shoot anything as it functions as a blocking layer on your control input rather than your output.
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/230
Since Bloodlines2 will be an absolute shitshow, I might as well install this and pretend that the original game IS Bloodlines 2.

Anyway, how is the Clan Quest mod?
Living rent free in people's heads
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

LemonDemonGirl wrote: June 4th, 2024, 00:53
Anyway, how is the Clan Quest mod?
Pure liquid shit. Mostly boring content, doesn't mesh with the game at all, and adds a tranny chinkpire.
Sweet as a sugar plum
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

LemonDemonGirl wrote: June 4th, 2024, 00:53
I might as well install this
Just install it and pretend you're back in 2002, than pretending you live in 2024 and a miracle has happened. :D
Just like Yves, I chase tales
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Hate this fucking racist faggot
Sweet as a sugar plum
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Vergil wrote: June 4th, 2024, 00:29
maidenhaver wrote: June 4th, 2024, 00:21
Yea they can tell you're a furry and want to glomp you
That can't be right.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Sweet as a sugar plum
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

This one joke is what progressive troon faggots are using as a precedent to shove their rotten propaganda absolutely everywhere in every single game, because "gaming has always been political." Same with Fallout.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

logincrash wrote: June 4th, 2024, 05:55
This one joke is what progressive troon faggots are using as a precedent to shove their rotten propaganda absolutely everywhere in every single game, because "gaming has always been political." Same with Fallout.
Deb: You know, they voluntarily eat insects in some countries.
Nervous Caller: (stereotypical dumb hick voice) Yeah, well, those countries probably need Jesus!
These people have always been shitlibs. There's been like 3 explicitly lesbian relationships mentioned in the game so far.
Sweet as a sugar plum
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Vergil wrote: June 4th, 2024, 06:06
Deb: You know, they voluntarily eat insects in some countries.
Nervous Caller: (stereotypical dumb hick voice) Yeah, well, those countries probably need Jesus!
Deb is saying that like it's an own. The guy is right, it's an indictment of those shithole countries.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Why on Earth does my character have this?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Jordy wrote: June 4th, 2024, 07:20
Why on Earth does my character have this?
It's a trash item for selling at vendors.
Sweet as a sugar plum