Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Why do they keep pushing this stupid narrative of black women playing games?

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Rand

Why do they keep pushing this stupid narrative of black women playing games?

Post by Rand »

I saw this today:

Demographics of actual gamers (Helldivers 2 players for certain)
1 - white males
2 - oriental males
3 - brown males of various regions
4 - white females
5 - oriental females
6 - brown females

And the last three COMBINED almost certainly do not make up HALF the amount of the relatively small third group.
I would go so far as to say that I expect the demographic representation to halve every step down the chart you go, until it reaches 3, then it is probably divided by at least ten for each subsequent step.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Most advertising and media can be explained as selling consumers how things "ought to be" instead of reality.
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

The true believers think that the only reason black women don't play video games and get STEM degrees is systemic racism/sexism and a lack of role models. Thus, they depict black women in all sorts of positions they would never take in reality in the hopes that it will uplift and empower all the poor disenfranchised black women who just needed a little push to be big math nerds and scientists.
Last edited by WhiteShark on May 26th, 2024, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

There are unicorns.

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I want to see more game adverts featuring people of Down syndrome
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The last 3 combined don't make up a quarter of black men who play vidya.
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 26th, 2024, 18:35
I want to see more game adverts featuring people of Down syndrome
At last, my people rise.
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

WhiteShark wrote: May 26th, 2024, 17:26
The true believers think that the only reason black women don't play video games and get STEM degrees is systemic racism/sexism and a lack of role models. Thus, they depict black women in all sorts of positions they would never take in reality in the hopes that it will uplift and empower all the poor disenfranchised black women who just needed a little push to be big math nerds and scientists.
I heard from a knowledgeable scholar named fluent that they live in retchid (sic) conditions and it don't mean nothing.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

The ideology is just window dressing - they just hate you and want to demoralize you. They don't believe there's really an untapped market out there, that's just their petty lying excuse to bombard you with propaganda.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Segata wrote: May 26th, 2024, 19:23
The ideology is just window dressing - they just hate you and want to demoralize you. They don't believe there's really an untapped market out there, that's just their petty lying excuse to bombard you with propaganda.
i'm sure a large percentage of SJWs unironically believe it, True Believers who genuinely think magical blacks can't achieve what other races did because they're oppressed. A form of "racism", they view blacks as pets or something like that.

(I don't believe racism exists, btw, there should be no difference in discriminating against someone for arbitrary reasons).
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

aweigh wrote: May 26th, 2024, 19:26
(I don't believe racism exists, btw).
What did he mean by this?
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

A Chinese opium den wrote: May 26th, 2024, 19:31
(I don't believe racism exists, btw).
What did he mean by this?
Answering for him (we'll see if I'm right):

Racism is a form of discrimination. We discriminate based on all sorts of arbitrary things (height, ability, certifications, etc) and no one bats an eye. It isn't inherently evil to discriminate by race, sex, or religion just because they've been labelled "protected categories". "Racism", "Homophobia", "antisemitism" and such are just cudgels used to make you accept things you otherwise wouldn't.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

The ideology is just window dressing - they just hate you and want to demoralize you.
I think this addresses the main point. They couldn't care less about nigger women, they just think "what's the thing that normal men hate the most?" and plaster their propaganda with it. Today, it's these hideous she-apes, tomorrow it could be anything easily hateable, like Pajeets.
Last edited by Irenaeus on May 26th, 2024, 22:27, edited 3 times in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Roguey wrote: May 26th, 2024, 18:30
There are unicorns.

Prove it, sheboon.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

There are unicorns.

I rarely encounter gamers who have purchased props from a video game. It feels like a very try hard thing.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Rand wrote: May 26th, 2024, 17:22
I saw this today:

Demographics of actual gamers (Helldivers 2 players for certain)
1 - white males
2 - oriental males
3 - brown males of various regions
4 - white females
5 - oriental females
6 - brown females

And the last three COMBINED almost certainly do not make up HALF the amount of the relatively small third group.
I would go so far as to say that I expect the demographic representation to halve every step down the chart you go, until it reaches 3, then it is probably divided by at least ten for each subsequent step.
Cynicism: They look at how much they spend on wigs and nails and see a lot of carelessly spent income that could be directed to loot boxes.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

They thought they could expand their audience without losing their core audience. It did not work. This is in regard to when it started, anyways. Obviously there's a different reason now.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on May 27th, 2024, 05:22, edited 1 time in total.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

i'm sure a large percentage of SJWs unironically believe it, True Believers who genuinely think magical blacks can't achieve what other races did because they're oppressed. A form of "racism", they view blacks as pets or something like that.

(I don't believe racism exists, btw, there should be no difference in discriminating against someone for arbitrary reasons).
I think racism exists and it's good. If you mean systematic racism, yeah that hasn't existed for a long time and couldn't exist today except against whites. Places like India still have it against lower castes or whatever
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 27th, 2024, 05:20
They thought they could expand their audience without losing their core audience.
You mean making games targeted at women and still have men playing? Or something else?
Finarfin

Post by Finarfin »

Mondain wrote: May 27th, 2024, 00:25
There are unicorns.

I rarely encounter gamers who have purchased props from a video game. It feels like a very try hard thing.
Nah, it's just that normal people don't parade these things around like they're hot shit. I have the sword from Kingdom Come Deliverance (The one Martin the Blacksmith and Heinrich made for Radzig Kobyla) on my wall. I don't pose or make pictures of it.
Jews will call you an antisemite but never a liar.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Irenaeus wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:39
They thought they could expand their audience without losing their core audience.
You mean making games targeted at women and still have men playing? Or something else?
There was a trend in the ~2008-2014 period that "gaming was for everyone", an obvious ploy to expand the market base without losing the core audience, it didn't work.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

Sunsetdrive wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:48
Nah, it's just that normal people don't parade these things around like they're hot shit. I have the sword from Kingdom Come Deliverance (The one Martin the Blacksmith and Heinrich made for Radzig Kobyla) on my wall. I don't pose or make pictures of it.
I am curious do you consider yourself "normal" for buying these things?
Or is it because you are "normal" that having one these things around is also considered "normal".
Last edited by machnizedTerror on May 27th, 2024, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

It wouldn't be weird to take pictures of it. When I was in Toledo I bought a couple longswords (like the famous El Cid sword) and I took some pics of them posed.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

There are unicorns.

I don't play to be the best
fake gamer alert
Finarfin

Post by Finarfin »

machnizedTerror wrote: May 27th, 2024, 13:51
Or is it because you are "normal" that having one these things around is also considered "normal".
Are you trying to insinunate something?
Jews will call you an antisemite but never a liar.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

Sunsetdrive wrote: May 27th, 2024, 14:41
Are you afraid I am? :Inspector:
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:50
Irenaeus wrote: May 27th, 2024, 12:39
There was a trend in the ~2008-2014 period that "gaming was for everyone", an obvious ploy to expand the market base without losing the core audience, it didn't work.
Ironically, by making it something with no barrier to entry they probably lost a lot of young people to other activities like "content creation" for YouTube which has a veneer of a barrier to entry.
A Chinese opium den

machnizedTerror wrote: May 27th, 2024, 14:50
Sunsetdrive wrote: May 27th, 2024, 14:41

Are you afraid I am? :Inspector:
Buying a sword is cool.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

A Chinese opium den wrote: May 27th, 2024, 17:21
Buying a sword is cool.
Buying a sword is ok. Mastering the sword is cool.
A Chinese opium den

WhiteShark wrote: May 27th, 2024, 18:06
A Chinese opium den wrote: May 27th, 2024, 17:21
Buying a sword is cool.
Buying a sword is ok. Mastering the sword is cool.
I recently bought a polish cavalry sabre and I've decided I'm cool autistic enough to wear it at my waist when I go hiking. I of course practice the blade in my spare time as any god fearing man should.