Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Runescape creator working on a new MMO - Brighter Shores

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Jordy

Runescape creator working on a new MMO - Brighter Shores

Post by Jordy »

One of the creators of Runescape is working on a new MMORPG. Looks just like Runescape after their engine update to me.

Manny V

Post by Manny V »

i want to believe in the gowerbros but...

hard sell
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Manny V wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 14:51

hard sell
It's hard to glean from the trailer too but I fear you're right.

ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Didn't they update Runescape to make it more politically correct? Particularly the Arab stuff?
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Looks and plays like a mobile game.

Retarded.
Anon

Post by Anon »

hard sell
Runescape was always like this. As long as it's due to their creative decisions and not trying to appease wokies/earn ESG money I can overlook it no problem, personally.
ArcaneLurker wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 15:39
Didn't they update Runescape to make it more politically correct? Particularly the Arab stuff?
Runescape isn't directed by Gower Brothers since 2010

Btw I'll definitely play it because it won't have MTX and I'm a huge OSRS fan. But yeah there are certain things about the game that don't look very appeasing to me like these tile-block structure, which I can overlook no problem if the game is good enough though.
Jordy wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 15:11
hard sell
It's a tree spirit lol, it's obviously meant to have tree color. You can see by its facial features that it's not a nig

Though sure there'll be some of them as it did in the classic

Last edited by Anon on May 23rd, 2024, 16:09, edited 3 times in total.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Anon wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 16:07

It's a tree spirit lol, it's obviously meant to have tree color. You can see by its facial features that it's not a nig

I was referring to the body shapes for women.

I'll give it a shot maybe. There's a lot of talk about a premium pass but I'm not sure how that differs from the RS model.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

my main issue with it is the abstract boardgame-like representation of the art, the art itself is fine — then again, I'd happily play runescape classic(and have)
the boardgame-like art takes me out of the immersion tho
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on May 23rd, 2024, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Jordy wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 16:14

I was referring to the body shapes for women.

I'll give it a shot maybe. There's a lot of talk about a premium pass but I'm not sure how that differs from the RS model.
RS3 has one of the most obnoxious monetizations in the market. Beyond having subscription, you can also buy XP, gear and cosmetics all in its store.

OSRS has one of the best monetizations in the MMO market imo, it's all subscription. The only MTX are bonds but they only serve to redeem for more subscription, similarly to WoW token.

Premium pass is only another name for subscription AFAIK.
Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

RS3 has one of the most obnoxious monetizations in the market. Beyond having subscription, you can also buy XP, gear and cosmetics all in its store.

OSRS has one of the best monetizations in the MMO market imo, it's all subscription. The only MTX are bonds but they only serve to redeem for more subscription, similarly to WoW token.

Premium pass is only another name for subscription AFAIK.
Bonds and WoW Tokens are still shitty, but in comparison to RS3 they're a godsend.