Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Gendered Kris 1.1 β€” Deltarune

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

GotPlatinum

Gendered Kris 1.1 β€” Deltarune

Post by GotPlatinum »

Overview

Like the description says, this mod switches out the they/them pronouns for Kris with either he/him or she/her, depending on your preference. If there's any instances that I missed on the male or female versions, let me know and I'll correct it.

Created with UndertaleModTool using version 1.10 of the game. The patches are currently NOT compatible with the 1.15 version of the game on Steam's beta branch.

Credit to SeannaTheMemelord on Gamebanana for the "Deltarune except Kris has Female Pronouns" mod, which sped up the process a bit.
https://gamebanana.com/mods/432251

Downloads
FilesVersionTypeDescription
πŸ“₯ Gendered Kris1.1MainBug fixes

Old Versions
β–Ί Show Spoiler

Changelog
β–Ί Show Spoiler

Reporting Bugs
To report any bugs or some other issue with the mod, please submit a post in the Mod Support section and mention my username.

Credits
  • GotPlatinum - Creator
  • SeannaTheMemelord - Inspiration whose mod sped up the process of creating this one.

My Other Mods
Installation
1. Download the files and launch the included Delta Patcher program.
2. (Optional) Back up the unmodified data.win file.
3. Copy the path to the unmodified data.win file located in the game directory OR drag and drop the file into the "Original file" path.
4. Copy the path to the the XDelta patch of your choosing OR drag and drop the chosen file into the "XDelta patch" path.
5. Click on Apply patch. If done correctly, you should see a popup saying that it was applied successfully.
6. Enjoy!

Backup Downloads
Catbox Mirror
Mediafire Mirror

Last edited by GotPlatinum on May 22nd, 2024, 21:49, edited 4 times in total.

Tags:
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

Mod has been updated to version 1.1.

Changelog
  • Fixed a bug where the player would be softlocked upon entering the swan boat.
  • Fixed a bug where trying to take a cookie from Lancer in Chapter 2 would result in overlapping conversations.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Perfectly encapsulates how stupid 'singular they' is. If it really was singular, then the auxiliary verb wouldn't have to be changed to form a correct sentence.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

I suspect this is less about wokism and more about indeterminacy given the possibility for it to be either.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

Norfleet wrote: ↑ May 22nd, 2024, 22:11
I suspect this is less about wokism and more about indeterminacy given the possibility for it to be either.
Competent game devs had solved this problem in the 90s.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

anonusername wrote: ↑ May 22nd, 2024, 22:40
Before that, really, but who said anything about them being competent? The fact that this mod has to come in two flavors suggests there is only one string that doesn't utilize string-substitution, and therefore, that the devs aren't actually competent in this so opted for a lazy shortcut.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

Norfleet wrote: ↑ May 23rd, 2024, 02:55
anonusername wrote: ↑ May 22nd, 2024, 22:40
Before that, really, but who said anything about them being competent? The fact that this mod has to come in two flavors suggests there is only one string that doesn't utilize string-substitution, and therefore, that the devs aren't actually competent in this so opted for a lazy shortcut.
I think it's more likely they chose not to support gendered string substitution for ideological reasons. The implementation of string substitution is absolutely trivial with modern libraries in almost every language, but the game will usually only support substitution of pre-defined variables chosen by the game devs. (Games with scripting engines or reflection can be an exception, but are somewhat rarer.)
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

If they were ideological, pronoun substitution would be even more prevalent, though, since then they could substitute the appropriately ideological pronouns. The fact that they have just arbitrarily used a generic one rather than respecting the user's desired pronouns suggests laziness rather than ideology.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Do you not know anything about the Untertale/Deltarune community?
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal