We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Various video game stuff not deserving its own thread

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

I still remember that game made by a russian studio Icepick lodge. The Void. It blew my mind at the time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Void_(video_game)

Note that Rock, Paper, Shotgun wrote an overwhelmingly positive review, saying "The Void is the most important game you are GOING TO FUCKING PLAY."

Nobody does shit like this anymore.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Loveless wrote: May 20th, 2024, 16:23
It seems western games have a design philosophy that's roughly analogous to car design. Western games don't have genres, new mechanics or genre trappings are "discovered" and then have to latched onto every new game in the industry, like features on a car

At some point skill trees, open worlds and RPG mechanics were discovered and are now shoehorned into every new western game, even when it doesn't make sense. They're trying to optimize their way into a perfect supergame, which is why all western series seem to converge into the same generic mess

God of War abandoned its spectacle fighter trappings and latched on unnecessary skill trees, a hub world and alot of other deadweight mechanics because they were determined to be necessary in making the optimized perfect western game. Contrast that with DMC5 which is still within the same genre trappings of its predecessors. DMC 5 has no dead weight(I hope at least one DMC fan gets the joke)

It ties back to games being made by artists vs games by STEM guys. When Japanese games like yakuza 7 break form with turn based combat, the devs are crafting a unique yakuza game. When western devs break form they're trying to engineer their way into the perfect Far Assassins Cry-charted of us super-game
RPG is the Ur-Genre therefore it makes sense that every game would add features from RPG.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Cancelling Blizzcon to do this

Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Yeah I was listening to a dev interview on the new MoP remix event. I glanced back at the video and was confused.

LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Segata wrote: May 20th, 2024, 21:25
Cancelling Blizzcon to do this

No Blizzcon is a good thing though
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: May 20th, 2024, 21:29
Yeah I was listening to a dev interview on the new MoP remix event. I glanced back at the video and was confused.

Why does it look like shrek shit on that nigga's head?
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: May 20th, 2024, 21:29

Bottom one almost looks like that butch dev that got thrown to the wolves while playing D4 on controller.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Think you meant this for the WOULD? or """Attractive""" Female Thread :D
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

resident evil game idea:
set in chicago, you find out at the end there actually is no virus
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

It would be the island section of RE4 all over again, everyone complaining that zombies having firearms is a bad enemy design.
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

Anyone heard about the latest console game Stellar Blade? The main character is a hot korean babe. There was a real prototype - korean model.
https://x.com/zennyrt?mx=2

Recently she cosplayed in one of the costumes in game.
► NSFW
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on May 21st, 2024, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Yankee Zulu wrote: May 21st, 2024, 15:31
Anyone heard about the latest console game Stellar Blade? The main character is a hot korean babe. There was a real prototype - korean model.

► NSFW
Whoa... news to me. When's this game come out?
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

Really fresh. Like a few weeks ago. Became an instant hit. The studio, Shift Up, I think its called, is planning a PC port afaik.
Last edited by Yankee Zulu on May 21st, 2024, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/ign-enter ... n-and-more

IGN Entertainment acquires Eurogamer, GI, VG247, Rock Paper Shotgun and more​

IGN Entertainment has acquired the Gamer Network family of digital brands for an undisclosed sum.

As a result of the acquisition, some redundancies have been made across the UK-based organisation.

Gamer Network’s publications are GamesIndustry.biz, Eurogamer (including six local language editions), Rock Paper Shotgun, VG247 and Dicebreaker. The business also holds shares in Outside Xbox, Digital Foundry and Hookshot (which operates Nintendolife, PushSquare, PureXbox and Time Extension).

IGN Entertainment is the division of Ziff Davis that includes IGN, MapGenie, HowLongToBeat, and Humble Bundle. It has acquired the websites from PAX and New York Comic-Con organiser ReedPop, which initially bought the Gamer Network business in 2018.

Not included in the sale are UK-based events EGX or MCM, or the digital brand Popverse, which remain with ReedPop.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

► NSFW
The year is 2083, there has still not been a single post about Stellar Blade that talks about anything but how horny the main character makes the poster...
Last edited by Vergil on May 21st, 2024, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

► NSFW
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

-----
Last edited by aweigh on May 21st, 2024, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

If I just give someone the account anyway if I pass, and the person in question doesn't mention what happened, could they use the account or would they risk trouble? Edit: to better ask: what would I need to tell them to not do or do to keep the account regardless of what happened and how they got it?
Last edited by DagothGeas5 on May 21st, 2024, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

There have already been people who have passed on their steam IDs to their kids, and unless they make it publicly known there's not an issue. This also probably isn't enforceable in some places (like the EU...blergh) where games are treated as goods rather than a service.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I'm glad Valve is giving me permission to do things with my own games and accounts but have they considered blowing it out their ass?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 21st, 2024, 22:14
*ahem*
akshually…
I know but I can easily replace them with cracked versions if Valve does something stupid.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

► NSFW
How did koreans even procreate before the advent of facial surgery and video editing? Are gooks god's third greatest mistake? How is this the most attractive woman you can find in your whole race? So many questions...
Look beyond your yellow fever coomer brain and try to imagine waking up in bed one morning and looking over at Image without any makeup on :lol:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

A Chinese opium den wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 00:18

► NSFW
How did koreans even procreate before the advent of facial surgery and video editing? Are gooks god's third greatest mistake? How is this the most attractive woman you can find in your whole race? So many questions...
Look beyond your yellow fever coomer brain and try to imagine waking up in bed one morning and looking over at Image without any makeup on :lol:
You're forgetting the silver lining it come wiff eggrorr