Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Baldur's Gate 3

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Looked it up. She is indeed a man hater and isn't even blonde. I'm disappointed.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

destinyhntr wrote: May 17th, 2024, 02:46
Looked it up. She is indeed a man hater and isn't even blonde. I'm disappointed.
https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Branwen
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

destinyhntr wrote: May 17th, 2024, 02:02
This is a good point. I felt like bringing it up since you seemed to hold the opinion that all women are like that, and since I personally hate the mentality of "all women are selfish thots" and "all men are abusive rapists", I like to point out that no, 50% of the population does not adhere to one stereotype. Though I doubt my opinions on either side will fly on here OR in the liberal reddit echo chambers.
You will soon find out that some here behave exactly as obnoxious and childish as libtards (meaning: not all liberals, but some) accuse (all) conservatives of.
Last edited by fkirenicus on May 17th, 2024, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

fkirenicus wrote: May 17th, 2024, 05:56
You will soon find out that some here behave exactly as obnoxious and childish as liberals accuse (all) conservatives of.
Something tells me you really like playing as knights who dress in white and use lances in this game.
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

Vergil wrote: May 17th, 2024, 05:59
Something tells me you really like playing as knights who dress in white and use lances in this game.
Nope. Always play as a wizard or bard of sorts.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Yea you engage in the behavior of a wizard I'll give you that friendo :D
Has larian said anything about when they're going to stop releasing massive patches that add a bunch of content so I can stop FOMOing and finish my playthrough?
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

Vergil wrote: May 17th, 2024, 06:10
Yea you engage in the behavior of a wizard I'll give you that friendo :D
Has larian said anything about when they're going to stop releasing massive patches that add a bunch of content so I can stop FOMOing and finish my playthrough?
Yes, patch 7 is supposed to be the last major patch.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

This is a good point. I felt like bringing it up since you seemed to hold the opinion that all women are like that, and since I personally hate the mentality of "all women are selfish thots" and "all men are abusive rapists", I like to point out that no, 50% of the population does not adhere to one stereotype. Though I doubt my opinions on either side will fly on here OR in the liberal reddit echo chambers.
You will soon find out that some here behave exactly as obnoxious and childish as libtards (meaning: not all liberals, but some) accuse (all) conservatives of.
I'm well aware by this point. If you guys know of any places in the internet that aren't on either side of the extremes, let me know ( have yet to find one myself). Youtube seems to be the only place but even that has to be carefully maneuvered around.
Anon

Post by Anon »

destinyhntr wrote: May 17th, 2024, 19:38
I'm well aware by this point. If you guys know of any places in the internet that aren't on either side of the extremes, let me know ( have yet to find one myself). Youtube seems to be the only place but even that has to be carefully maneuvered around.
I know one, it's called RPGHQ

More seriously, yes you won't like some people here that's the cost of freedom of expression, you'll see people saying shit you don't like. You can ignore them mentally or use the actual ignore function.

Other places like r/kotakuinaction etc. are also like this but they're hosted in platforms where you can't really say things you'd want to often.
Last edited by Anon on May 17th, 2024, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Anon wrote: May 17th, 2024, 20:02

I was referring to a place that doesn't lean too heavily into either side. This place is slightly preferable to echo chambers like reddit but it's going too hard in the opposite direction for me personally. I just want to talk about nerdy stuff without being censored OR listening to people hate on blacks or women. (You guys feel free to do that. Just not what I'm looking for.)
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

More seriously, yes you won't like some people here that's the cost of freedom of expression, you'll see people saying shit you don't like. You can ignore them mentally or use the actual ignore function.

Other places like r/kotakuinaction etc. are also like this but they're hosted in platforms where you can't really say things you'd want to often.
Appreciate the answer :salute: I suppose I'd have to (heaven forbid) go out into the real world to have normal conversations. Scary stuff
Anon

Post by Anon »

destinyhntr wrote: May 17th, 2024, 20:15

I was referring to a place that doesn't lean too heavily into either side. This place is slightly preferable to echo chambers like reddit but it's going too hard in the opposite direction for me personally. I just want to talk about nerdy stuff without being censored OR listening to people hate on blacks or women. (You guys feel free to do that. Just not what I'm looking for.)
Yeah that's my point though, you can't have both. If people truly aren't censored, you'll then see people saying things you don't like, that's inevitable.

As I said (you didn't catch my edit in time), there's ignore function for that.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Anon wrote: May 17th, 2024, 20:17
destinyhntr wrote: May 17th, 2024, 20:15

Yeah that's my point though, you can't have both. If people truly aren't censored, you'll then see people saying things you don't like, that's inevitable.

As I said (you didn't catch my edit in time), there's ignore function for that.
Agreed, totally fair
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Is BG3 done getting updated and ready to be modded and played?
Ligrev

Post by Ligrev »

@Boontaker

the question was answered 6 posts above you:

Patch 7 will be the last one.
...:Inspector:
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Okay, I just learned about the Emperor. Is there a single existing character that didn't get screwed over?

Maybe especially the one that they named the games after?
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Acrux wrote: June 4th, 2024, 16:48
Okay, I just learned about the Emperor. Is there a single existing character that didn't get screwed over?

Didn't you know? This foreign concept called friendship does not exist. If two people of any kind spent significant time together and didn't hate each other, they must have been in a sexual relationship.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

► Show Spoiler
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

destinyhntr wrote: June 5th, 2024, 03:11

Didn't you know? This foreign concept called friendship does not exist. If two people of any kind spent significant time together and didn't hate each other, they must have been in a sexual relationship.
(Sorry, thought this was the no alphabets thread and didn't realize this statement makes no sense without that context.)
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 5th, 2024, 04:03

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

destinyhntr wrote: June 5th, 2024, 19:10

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
It's jarring how serious they take minor choices in the first half of the game then start completely disregarding major choices in the latter half. Feels like a different team took over.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 5th, 2024, 19:12

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
It's jarring how serious they take minor choices in the first half of the game then start completely disregarding major choices in the latter half. Feels like a different team took over.
Do the tadpoles really not matter even if you fill your brain with them until a "do you want to be a mindflayer y/n" cutscene happens?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oyster Sauce wrote: June 5th, 2024, 19:21

► Show Spoiler
Do the tadpoles really not matter even if you fill your brain with them until a "do you want to be a mindflayer y/n" cutscene happens?
yes
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 5th, 2024, 19:22

yes
how unbelievably lame
bloodedhunter

Post by bloodedhunter »

Oyster Sauce wrote: June 5th, 2024, 19:35
rusty_shackleford wrote: June 5th, 2024, 19:22

yes
how unbelievably lame
► Show Spoiler
I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

bloodedhunter wrote: June 11th, 2024, 01:11
► Show Spoiler
This sounds not as lame as in previous posts.
LeAmphibian

Post by LeAmphibian »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: June 11th, 2024, 10:10
bloodedhunter wrote: June 11th, 2024, 01:11
Oyster Sauce wrote: June 5th, 2024, 19:35

how unbelievably lame
► Show Spoiler
This sounds not as lame as in previous posts.
It's still very disappointing.
The whole point was that having tadpole powers would be at the cost of losing allies and companions.
~10 months after release and there's almost no reason to NOT consume tadpoles since there's no narrative downside to it. Aside from some meaningless cosmetic change and harder checks, your companions seemingly won't care and NPCs will still treat you like normal.
Even though you got the Narrator at the tutorial "warning" the player about using the tadpole, there's no significant impact. The story stays the same.

Also, that one ring Omeluum gives you in the Underdark? Totally useless. During the EA stage it was supposed to help the player suppress tadpole influence while preventing usage of Illithid abilities. Now it's just a normal "anti-charm" ring.
Last edited by LeAmphibian on June 12th, 2024, 19:25, edited 2 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

► Show Spoiler
I think they make the dice roll check harder when the Emperor asks you to turn half mind-flayer versus not using them at all.