We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

No Alphabets 5.0.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 26th, 2024, 22:07
fkirenicus wrote: April 26th, 2024, 22:04
Nikanuur wrote: April 26th, 2024, 15:17
At this point, it's best to complain about anything regarding BG3, I suppose.
Anyway, feel free to continue unbothered or whatever. I'm outta here. I wish you happy, rudeless afternoon and the rest of your lives.
Just an average tranny reddior, who think that he is smart, edgy and he "show this nazis how cool is it".
Who knows... he made an account just to say this.... what a weirdo.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Nikanuur

Post by Nikanuur »

Yeah, I was having a rather bad day, and I initially felt that many included are just assholes or complacent wussies. Whereas some of that might be true, it's not like that in general.
In the process, I became blind and stupid here rather needlessly.
Apologies and thank you for pointing out the stuff with other mods.
Hope your efforts with this mod go well.
IdiNahui

Post by IdiNahui »

Hello! I got some problems. All the mods I installed work, except for the aesthetics mod, I can't open dialogue with NPCs, although I downloaded .net and did everything exactly according to the instructions. Could this is be because I have a pirated version of the game? :|
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

IdiNahui wrote: April 27th, 2024, 19:31
Hello! I got some problems. All the mods I installed work, except for the aesthetics mod, I can't open dialogue with NPCs, although I downloaded .net and did everything exactly according to the instructions. Could this is be because I have a pirated version of the game? :|
works on my machine :)
Lyx0081

Post by Lyx0081 »

IdiNahui wrote: April 27th, 2024, 19:31
works well on my pirated game. what game version are you using? i think some older versions had this bug with Npcs (right clicking them and choosing the dialogue option still started the dialogues though)
and nice nickname btw
Whyte One

Post by Whyte One »

Is there a compiled list somewhere that has mods this is or is not compatible with? Sorry, but I am very new to this game and this forum. i said the only way I would play the game is if I could play without all the rainbow mafia stuffs. So, here I am, and I know how to mod games as i have done it for years with many games. just hoping that someone might have started an official compatibility or incompatibility thread or something and I have just some how missed it.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Whyte One wrote: April 28th, 2024, 19:56
Is there a compiled list somewhere that has mods this is or is not compatible with? Sorry, but I am very new to this game and this forum. i said the only way I would play the game is if I could play without all the rainbow mafia stuffs. So, here I am, and I know how to mod games as i have done it for years with many games. just hoping that someone might have started an official compatibility or incompatibility thread or something and I have just some how missed it.
Hello! There is a table in "FAQs & Recommendations" section
► THIS ONE TABLE
i tried and all mods from this table are compatible. Everything else is up to you to find out.
Whyte One

Post by Whyte One »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 28th, 2024, 20:06
► THIS ONE TABLE
i tried and all mods from this table are compatible. Everything else is up to you to find out.
Yeah i saw that table. Thanks.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Whyte One wrote: April 28th, 2024, 20:13
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 28th, 2024, 20:06
► THIS ONE TABLE
Yeah i saw that table. Thanks.
All mods on HQ should be compatible or have a patch. if not, tell me I'll bug them until they make a patch :D
Last edited by orinEsque on April 30th, 2024, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

orinEsque wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 23:08
GOW LIKE A BOSS wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 22:46
First time I've ever managed to keep Isobel from getting killed and saw her reunion with Aelin.

Thank you very much @orinEsque for your mod so I didn't have to see it as a lesbian thing lol
I know a lot of people have been here a while and haven't done the full playthrough with NoAlphabets yet.
Glad you liked it :D!
I want to, but I am waiting to see how far the modding goes in other areas. Your mod cut out quite a bit for my first play up to about Act 2 and it reduced a lot of the gay/trans garbage (from what I see now, it appears you have removed a lot more since I played last), but the FemCuck/DEI crap was still really heavy in the game (I know it wasn't your focus) and it soured the experience.

Before I give another try at the game, I will need to find Mods that completely remove all of the stupid Feminism roles/looks/attitudes, and get rid of all the DEI garbage, as well as tone down all the gore stuff. I am not sure if that will ever be completely removed or changed, so I may never make it back to the game. Like I said, they soured me so much on that stuff that is makes me sick to even see it so it will be a long time before I make another go at the game, which may give the time needed for some to fix that stuff.

I am hoping they release mod tools eventually to help make this easier, but I am not holding my breath.
Dracul

Post by Dracul »

Xenich wrote: April 30th, 2024, 13:25
GOW LIKE A BOSS wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 22:46
First time I've ever managed to keep Isobel from getting killed and saw her reunion with Aelin.

Thank you very much @orinEsque for your mod so I didn't have to see it as a lesbian thing lol
I know a lot of people have been here a while and haven't done the full playthrough with NoAlphabets yet.
[...] remove all of the stupid Feminism roles/looks/attitudes,
[...] and get rid of all the DEI garbage,

[...]
If you wrote the instances you refer to (in a spoiler, preferably), it would be better so one can realize to what you're referring in particular
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

A few new things are coming among modders here. Maybe you'll see your ESG free game one day. The writing cannot be saved though.
Last edited by orinEsque on May 1st, 2024, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Dracul wrote: May 1st, 2024, 07:09
Xenich wrote: April 30th, 2024, 13:25

[...] remove all of the stupid Feminism roles/looks/attitudes,
[...] and get rid of all the DEI garbage,

[...]
If you wrote the instances you refer to (in a spoiler, preferably), it would be better so one can realize to what you're referring in particular

There are quite a lot of examples, and I have talked about it in the past. There is so much though that it would be a rather large project, similar to this one. There are a lot of females in roles where it doesn't make sense for the setting, and they have no magical means to really solidify those roles. Seeing a female sorcerer or priest in charge of a regiment, group, etc... is more likely as they have the magical means to back up their authority, but seeing one who has no special means to enforce their authority bullying around a bunch of men who are obviously bigger and stronger, it doesn't make sense.

This isn't a modern world where if the woman gets backlash she runs off to HR and they come in and settle things. In fact, if a leader was not able to take care of it herself, it would be a sign of weakness and she would be removed from that position. It is more likely that those unremarkable females (ie non-magical race, ability, etc...) would end up beaten to death or raped by some of the group who do not submit to the authority (which is very likely among groups that have questionable behaviors or alignments as these types of groups function on fear and the reality is, females don't inspire fear on basic physical ability alone).

The fem cucking is a major theme throughout the game and it is done to a level that is ridiculously obvious.

Even so, this while annoying, isn't the real clincher. It is how they act, which is akin to a female bull dyke overcompensating through various laughable physical bravado (acting like a tough man) and insulting cuckold style treatment of the group, this form of leadership would guarantee confrontation from some members at various points and without the means to put them back in their place, the female would end up dead or some play doll being passed around the camp. This is the reality of this type of world.

Then there are violations of lore such as some races having human DEI facial features which would not exist among them (ie elves for instance do not breed mixed races like humans, they produce sub races, as per Ed Greenwood, the world which this is set in) and it looks pandering to see a elf with black, Asian, etc... features. While humans do mix and produce such within this world, the level of "diversity" they place within areas is contrary to what you would see, as the mixing wasn't to the levels the game suggests (ie "diversity is our strength" is mainstream modern pandering).

Anyway, It is bad, and even with the fixes this applied to the gay/trans content, the other stuff was so bad it was insulting, which is likely why it was put in as such in the first place.

As for the blood stuff, the game glorifies blood to such levels that you would think you were playing some fetish hack and slash horror movie featured from an issue of Fangoria. It is way over done, constant splashing, drenched in blood, etc... Everything is just... over done and this obviously is in the same theme as the gay/fem/DEI content.
Last edited by Xenich on May 1st, 2024, 12:49, edited 2 times in total.
Tamyn

Post by Tamyn »

Xenich, some of what you wrote reminds me of the A Song of Ice and FIre novel series by George R. R. Martin. It has more realistic women that don't/can't rule by physical prowess, but wield power by their magic, the status of who their husband or father is/was, or by their magical pets. (The exception is Brienne who is still threatened by rape, and she has giant's blood.) I was annoyed by BG3 at the outset by every front-line fighter/heavy armor wearing companion being a woman, while the male companions are all squishy weak types. Minsc is gotten so late in game he doesn't really count, and he still has to be bossed around by Jaheira. I was glad they gave us Halsin though, if only for the aesthetics.
Last edited by Tamyn on May 1st, 2024, 17:34, edited 3 times in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Tamyn wrote: May 1st, 2024, 17:27
Xenich, some of what you wrote reminds me of the A Song of Ice and FIre novel series by George R. R. Martin. It has more realistic women that don't/can't rule by physical prowess, but wield power by their magic, the status of who their husband or father is/was, or by their magical pets. (The exception is Brienne who is still threatened by rape, and she has giant's blood.) I was annoyed by BG3 at the outset by every front-line fighter/heavy armor wearing companion being a woman, while the male companions are all squishy weak types. Minsc is gotten so late in game he doesn't really count, and he still has to be bossed around by Jaheira. I was glad they gave us Halsin though, if only for the aesthetics.
Minsc is used to getting bossed around by women (previously dynaheir). He also prefers that people smarter than him make decisions for him. And the two know each other for a long time and Minsc would naturally trust Jaheira to make the right decision for him. He doesn't count. Jaheira has always been a bossy women before bossy women became a thing
Last edited by orinEsque on May 1st, 2024, 18:36, edited 2 times in total.
arisen

Post by arisen »

What modding tutorials people use to edit and create standalone presets and edit NPC heads? Every link related to this problem refers to Padme4000, but she doesn't explain shit in her "tutorial" video on YT, for example what key combinations she smacks behind the camera and why her "explanations" sound like Eminem's bootleg single. All I got is that I need to extract game files first with some tools and edit extracted models in Blender. But how to properly apply changes to a mesh and textures to make it all work I have no idea. I really hate CC menu meshes and those Nexus suggests me.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

arisen wrote: May 6th, 2024, 12:38
What modding tutorials people use to edit and create standalone presets and edit NPC heads? Every link related to this problem refers to Padme4000, but she doesn't explain shit in her "tutorial" video on YT, for example what key combinations she smacks behind the camera and why her "explanations" sound like Eminem's bootleg single. All I got is that I need to extract game files first with some tools and edit extracted models in Blender. But how to properly apply changes to a mesh and textures to make it all work I have no idea. I really hate CC menu meshes and those Nexus suggests me.
You mean blender edits?
Padme is the only one that does it unfortunately.
I'll ask around and see if someone wants to make a better tutorial.
arisen

Post by arisen »

orinEsque wrote: May 6th, 2024, 15:22
You mean blender edits?
Would be much appreciated. I can't stand looking at Chinese elven guys and girls in every mod from Nexus.
LuciusD

Post by LuciusD »

Greetings and amazing job with this mod! Could you please check if the download link to Aestethics is working? When I click to download, I am sent to a page with nothing.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

LuciusD wrote: May 8th, 2024, 00:52
Greetings and amazing job with this mod! Could you please check if the download link to Aestethics is working? When I click to download, I am sent to a page with nothing.
It appears to use tinyurl and it's down. Not entirely sure why it uses tinyurl(@orinEsque ?)
Steam friend code: 40552640
https://steamcommunity.com/friends/add
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 8th, 2024, 00:55
It appears to use tinyurl and it's down. Not entirely sure why it uses tinyurl(@orinEsque ?)
Fixed them. Had them as that since pre-download count implementation.
TrangLe

Post by TrangLe »

arisen wrote: May 6th, 2024, 15:25
You mean blender edits?
Would be much appreciated. I can't stand looking at Chinese elven guys and girls in every mod from Nexus.
This is the only head edit video that makes sense to me, please check it out. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you how to make standalone preset tho...

Just curious, if you guys are not fans of Kpop/Chinese Wuxia faces, do you think this style is okay/lore friendly and pretty enough? I am learning to mod myself, but at my best I can only make edits and set them as default replacement since my room temperature IQ can't make any sense of how to pack mods. Most of the faces on Nexus look weird to me, I don't know why women head with prominent jawline or nose are so popular. The most popular ones like XX's head or Vemperen's head are too... plastic-ish for me. Apologize for the color, I was fiddling with ReShade.

Edit: should have been room temperature IQ not PC, damn autocorrect tho.
Last edited by TrangLe on May 8th, 2024, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
novikkn2

Post by novikkn2 »

Found this mod and site from moddinghaven, thanks for making this mod man.
arisen

Post by arisen »

TrangLe wrote: May 8th, 2024, 09:21
Just curious, if you guys are not fans of Kpop/Chinese Wuxia faces, do you think this style is okay/lore friendly and pretty enough?
Their eyes still need to be de-asianised. To remove this issue, you need to change the eye's angle.
LuciusD

Post by LuciusD »

orinEsque wrote: May 8th, 2024, 01:02
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 8th, 2024, 00:55
Fixed them. Had them as that since pre-download count implementation.
Thank you very much. I cannnot withstand anymore the wokeness on BG3. This mod is incredible.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

You mean blender edits?
This is the only head edit video that makes sense to me, please check it out. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you how to make standalone preset tho...

Just curious, if you guys are not fans of Kpop/Chinese Wuxia faces, do you think this style is okay/lore friendly and pretty enough? I am learning to mod myself, but at my best I can only make edits and set them as default replacement since my room temperature IQ can't make any sense of how to pack mods. Most of the faces on Nexus look weird to me, I don't know why women head with prominent jawline or nose are so popular. The most popular ones like XX's head or Vemperen's head are too... plastic-ish for me. Apologize for the color, I was fiddling with ReShade.

Asian heads have skin textures that need to be replaced. Have a look at head templates here

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=files
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Just curious, if you guys are not fans of Kpop/Chinese Wuxia faces, do you think this style is okay/lore friendly and pretty enough?

There is a hint of a monolid but sometimes Europeans have this too. Looks like they have a small brow ridge, wide cheekbones, shallow set eyes, and low nasal bridge, which are East Asian features, so they end up looking mixed. The size of lips here are also more common in East Asians. Not a bad job though.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on May 8th, 2024, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
arisen

Post by arisen »

You mean blender edits?

So I tried to follow the video tutorial with all downloaded programs and failed already at step one: Blender does not want to install the addon plugin mentioned in the video. No idea what to do because the problem is related to Python coding and I got no clue in such matters. Anyway, thank you for sharing this.

Edit: I got angry. I de-installed current version of Blender and installed Blender 3.6. Seems like working now, but I have yet to follow other steps.
Last edited by arisen on May 9th, 2024, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
TrangLe

Post by TrangLe »

orinEsque wrote: May 8th, 2024, 14:08

Asian heads have skin textures that need to be replaced. Have a look at head templates here

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=files
Thanks orinEsque! I will look into that guide.
I am still at a learning stage... too many modifications screw up the animation for me. I tried to expand/deepen the eyes and Tav can't close her eyes properly, or her eyelashes clip into the bottom waterline. Not sure why Larian couldn't make a slider menu for character creation like other big budget RPG tho.
TrangLe

Post by TrangLe »

ArcaneLurker wrote: May 8th, 2024, 16:21

There is a hint of a monolid but sometimes Europeans have this too. Looks like they have a small brow ridge, wide cheekbones, shallow set eyes, and low nasal bridge, which are East Asian features, so they end up looking mixed. The size of lips here are also more common in East Asians. Not a bad job though.
The monolid thing is actually due to skin texture. I will try to address the nose and brow issues, but for the lips, can you be more specific? I suppose fuller lips look more attractive and youthful?