We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Bros Playing Together Suggestion and Planning Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Are these direct IP based play or do you setup VPN LANs for them?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Anyone interested in playing Shroud of the Avatar together? It's a shit game, but we'll be playing TOGETHER!
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 4th, 2024, 22:43
Anyone interested in playing Shroud of the Avatar together? It's a shit game, but we'll be playing TOGETHER!
Wasn't there some fiasco about buying up all the land or the like? I read something about it years ago and it reminded me of UO's garbage drama, so I passed on it.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

i only play non shitty games
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

idk what that is
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I didn't know Rusty was Jaesun.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Tweed wrote: April 5th, 2024, 01:50
I played it with Jaesun.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 5th, 2024, 01:52
I played it with Jaesun.
gay
Decline

Post by Decline »

with each passing day here i learn a little bit more about Rusty's depravity and degeneracy.

I am shocked, shocked.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

I played it with Jaesun.
It should be noted that Rusty actually tracked Jaesun down in-game, walked up to him and gave a little flowery speech saying people on the Codex missed him. It actually convinced Jaesun to post again for awhile.

That's when I went from thinking, "this Rusty guys is pretty fun to read", to "this Rusty guys is QUALITY glowies"
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Kalarion wrote: April 5th, 2024, 16:00

I played it with Jaesun.
It should be noted that Rusty actually tracked Jaesun down in-game, walked up to him and gave a little flowery speech saying people on the Codex missed him. It actually convinced Jaesun to post again for awhile.

That's when I went from thinking, "this Rusty guys is pretty fun to read", to "this Rusty guys is QUALITY glowies"
Sounds p.gay to me.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Obvious choice is Zomboid, or other games where you can have lobby's on persistant maps.

Sandbox RPG, I guess. But that's probably the better system for a online RPG.
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

What genre? First Person Shooter? Either Killing Floor 2, or better yet Deep Rock Galactic.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Anon wrote: March 21st, 2024, 21:18
Kalarion wrote: March 21st, 2024, 13:29
What about OSRS? I've never played it before.
Great idea my guy
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 21st, 2024, 20:28
Kalarion wrote: March 21st, 2024, 13:29
What about OSRS? I've never played it before.
OSRS is the embodiment of "play alone, together". It's not really a group game, and repudiates the notion that MMOs must be inherently social.
OSRS got plenty of content to be done in teams, though sure most of its content can be soloed, but it can be seen as a plus, you being able to do any content without having the need to wait for other people holding you back.

Plus there is literally a group mode (group ironman).

Best MMORPG in the market by far.
i just wish they added back group slayer, was such a bummer doing fresh osrs boyz with my mates and finding out we cant even fuckin do slayer together

in regards to some of the other games mentioned, i'm keen on the horde/co-op games people brought up like l4d/deep rock galactic/killing floor (and would add vermintide to that list) as well as other shit like zomboid

the sesh with my irl lads has dried up a bit as of late so i'm open to tryin shit with you rando gits
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

TKVNC wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:30
Obvious choice is Zomboid, or other games where you can have lobby's on persistant maps.
I can vouch for Zomboid. It's really fun in multiplayer with a map big enough and with enough stuff to do that even playing solo during inactive hours can still be enjoyable.
Plus modding it is extremely simple if there are mods to make things smoother we would want to use.
Last edited by Vergil on May 23rd, 2024, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Cogemeister wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 12:24
What genre? First Person Shooter? Either Killing Floor 2, or better yet Deep Rock Galactic.
I am down for DRG
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 20:00
I can vouch for Zomboid. It's really fun in multiplayer with a map big enough and with enough stuff to do that even playing solo during inactive hours can still be enjoyable.
Plus modding it is extremely simple if there are mods to make things smoother we would want to use.
All of my PZ multiplayer games end with doomed road trips to Louisville
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 21:01
I remember having to set up outside the hospital and firing upon waves and waves of undead until my previous character came shambling out so I could cap him and get my old house key.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 21:05
Oyster Sauce wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 21:01

I remember having to set up outside the hospital and firing upon waves and waves of undead until my previous character came shambling out so I could cap him and get my old house key.
There's nothing like loading up the squad with heavy armor, firearms, and your entire supply of ammunition to clear a meaningless government building with a moldy orange inside
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 23:42
There's nothing like loading up the squad with heavy armor, firearms, and your entire supply of ammunition to clear a meaningless government building with a moldy orange inside
Based, so when are you going to set up the official RPGHQ Zomboid server staff member :D
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Vergil wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 23:46
Based, so when are you going to set up the official RPGHQ Zomboid server staff member :D
When you get at least 3 others to swear a blood oath agreeing to play until I'm bored
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 23:48
Vergil wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 23:46
When you get at least 3 others to swear a blood oath agreeing to play until I'm bored
I'll probably join if there's the interest for it
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I can't swear any oaths until my internet is unfucked.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

zomboid really sucks
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

That was the conclusion I came to as well when I played the tutorial.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Yes, zomboid sucks. It's not as fun as nor does it inspire as much creativity as 7DtD and it's not even close to CDDA when it comes to pure autism and freedom of approach.
'Meh' game with super average, repetitive and boring hordes of zombies. Woot, I survived 6 months then I misclicked and fell from a roof. (<---- actual cause of death for more than 90% of players)