Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Better Romance 2.5.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Envergence

Post by Envergence »

So, for clarification, if I'm just using the original NoFemaleRom (AKA the beta), can my male characters avoid getting hit on by female companions, or is that version gender-locked too?

If not, it's not a deal-breaker. The only romanceable female companion I recruit is Lae'Zel anyway, and I don't mind having to shut her down, as much as I'd prefer to avoid her "YOU WILL WONDER" follow-up.

Tags:
Crusaderknight20

Post by Crusaderknight20 »

Envergence wrote: December 18th, 2023, 18:34
So, for clarification, if I'm just using the original NoFemaleRom (AKA the beta), can my male characters avoid getting hit on by female companions, or is that version gender-locked too?

If not, it's not a deal-breaker. The only romanceable female companion I recruit is Lae'Zel anyway, and I don't mind having to shut her down, as much as I'd prefer to avoid her "YOU WILL WONDER" follow-up.
The beta didn't specifically block that line. However, I will also create another package to completely disable romance. First, I will upload the gender-locked one, and then I will upload the other one that disables romances completely.

If you're already using NoFemaleRom, I will create another file with the same name for compatibility, so you won't have to start a new playthrough. It will be named 'NoFemaleRom (Romance Enabled)', and the other one will be 'NoFemaleRom (Romance Disabled)'.

If anyone is interested in having class-restricted romances as well, please let me know.
Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament. There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death.
Crusaderknight20

Attention, Everyone!
I have updated the mod. If you come across any scenes in the game that I might have missed, please inform me. I will need screenshots of those scenes.
Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament. There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death.
Beagle Appreciator

Post by Beagle Appreciator »

I really would not mind some light flirting or just getting along more but larian just has the gayest most sperg romance, even a lot of the general character relations too though, so I would just have rid of all the "romance". So for everything removed/platonic I should use just NoRomVanilla? or NoRomPlatonicslingo and voice? all three of these (my guess)? for version 1.0 I had both nofemale and nomale.
Last edited by Beagle Appreciator on December 19th, 2023, 04:15, edited 5 times in total.
Crusaderknight20

Beagle Appreciator wrote: December 19th, 2023, 03:45
I really would not mind some light flirting or just getting along more but larian just has the gayest most sperg romance, even a lot of the general character relations too though, so I would just have rid of all the "romance". So for everything removed/platonic I should use just NoRomVanilla? or NoRomPlatonicslingo and voice? all three of these (my guess)? for version 1.0 I had both nofemale and nomale.
As of now, the NoRomVanilla mod is gender-restricted. I plan to create another file that will completely disable romance. Since you were using NoMale and NoFemale, I will include these files in my update under the same names. However, I will specify which file is compatible with what and what each file does. For example, if you download this mod and install both NoMale and NoFemale, it will produce the same effect, meaning the romances will still be available but will be gender-restricted.

So even though you have NoFemale enabled, Romances will still occur with female characters if you are playing as a Male, but they will not if you are playing as a female character.
Beagle Appreciator

Well I only used both those from 1.0 becuase I thought it would get rid of romances from both genders toward the player character. I only started a campaign and barely left the mindflayer ship so I can change to whatever now.
Last edited by Beagle Appreciator on December 19th, 2023, 04:57, edited 2 times in total.
Crusaderknight20

Beagle Appreciator wrote: December 19th, 2023, 04:31
Well I only used both those from 1.0 becuase I thought it would get rid of romances from both genders toward the player character. I only started a campaign and barely left the mindflayer ship so I can change to whatever now.
I'll work on creating the mod that disables all romances as quickly as possible. For now, don't worry about which mod you use; it will be compatible. If you're currently using NoRomVanilla, I'll create a mod with the same name. This will allow you to continue with your campaign. However, its effect will be similar to NoRomCelibate, which disables all romance.
Crusaderknight20

Beagle Appreciator wrote: December 19th, 2023, 04:31
I've updated the mod and included a link to NoRomCelibate, which disables all romance. Additionally, I found a bug in the original version and have made the necessary fixes. Please refer to my original post for more details.
Kalin

Post by Kalin »

You can't polish a turd.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Kalin wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:33
U cunt, push a TURN!
fixed
dantrag28

Post by dantrag28 »

So the vanilla Pak is everything rolled up into one?
Crusaderknight20

dantrag28 wrote: December 19th, 2023, 18:08
So the vanilla Pak is everything rolled up into one?
Yes, if you download from the main mod link labeled NoRom archive: It'll be the romance that is locked by gender.

If you download from the NoRomCelibate archive:It'll be the one that disables romance for all genders.
Beagle Appreciator

Thanks for all your work crusader! I wish nexus didn't keep more people from utilizing and appreciating it.
Praemonitus

Post by Praemonitus »

Request:

Is it a hardship to make this compatible with Femstarion?
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/2446
This mod is perfect, I just can't abide that flamboyant faggot in my playthrough... It just grates on my soul to hear him talk.
I figure if he was a she, it might not be as bad.
Thoughts?
Crusaderknight20

Praemonitus wrote: December 24th, 2023, 01:12
Request:

Is it a hardship to make this compatible with Femstarion?
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/2446
This mod is perfect, I just can't abide that flamboyant faggot in my playthrough... It just grates on my soul to hear him talk.
I figure if he was a she, it might not be as bad.
Thoughts?
I can definitely do that, and also, do you want the option to romance Femstarion as a male?
Praemonitus

Post by Praemonitus »

I play a male character, yes.
My thanks.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

I don't understand which mod to use here as there are so many options. I'm playing a male monk (straight) so just want to disable male romance and keep female romance as is.

Do I need NoRomFemale, or Vanilla?

What about the narrator's voice lines addon? Will that block out female romance as well which I don't want?

Thanks for all the hard work btw :)
Last edited by Ty6 on January 3rd, 2024, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
RK-9

Post by RK-9 »

I'm so incredibly happy to see you've managed to turn this into a single mod PAK! I'm going to enjoy this game a lot more now that I can be genuinely friendly with the male companions and not risk them making things weird.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

Ty6 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 15:49
I don't understand which mod to use here as there are so many options. I'm playing a male monk (straight) so just want to disable male romance and keep female romance as is.

What about the narrator's voice lines addon? Will that block out female romance as well which I don't want?

Yep, I'm a bit confused as well what to use if you just want a the standard hetero version, so to say.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Crusaderknight20 wrote: December 6th, 2023, 13:02
NoRomVanilla is the new package in one mod.
If you have started a playthrough with either NoRomMale or NoRomFemale. Simply use the one that I have uploaded with the same name. This will let you continue your playthrough, without being forced to start over again.
Based on the OP, it seems Vanilla is the one to download if you weren't using an older version already.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Reichspepe wrote: January 4th, 2024, 18:44
Ty6 wrote: January 3rd, 2024, 15:49

Yep, I'm a bit confused as well what to use if you just want a the standard hetero version, so to say.
Use the vanilla version it restricts romance to gender so male to female, female to male & use the voice and lingo to get rid of the cringey homo subtext with Gale.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

That's what seems most likely, yes. I'm just wondering because as an example with Astarion, when you have the first camp conversation with him sitting on the sleeping bag thing, it still has this weird undertone with the answers you can give him, like this here

Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Reichspepe wrote: January 4th, 2024, 19:08
That's what seems most likely, yes. I'm just wondering because as an example with Astarion, when you have the first camp conversation with him sitting on the sleeping bag thing, it still has this weird undertone with the answers you can give him, like this here

Hmm, yeah there's some gay in that subtext, I just started re-playing again yesterday so I didn't get pretty far. Maybe @Crusaderknight20 missed this line of dialogue or maybe the mod's not working right, not sure.
Last edited by Goblin_Hammer on January 4th, 2024, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

Yes,I was wondering if I just hit the one dialogue that got overlooked, as in the mod description there are clear examples that lines like these should be removed.
Pixelargh

Post by Pixelargh »

Great mod. Gale, Wyll, and Halsin are written as heterosexual and they were only Playersexual for "convenience"? IMO, it detracts from their characterization and makes them less real so this mod helps with that. The only exception would be Astarion. I think his dialogue option/romance should be kept even when playing as a male character. Remember Astarion doesn't see you as male or female. He is an apex predator. He sees you as food. He is manipulating you since day one so it makes sense he tries to seduce you.
Crusaderknight20

Goblin_Hammer wrote: January 4th, 2024, 19:13

Hmm, yeah there's some gay in that subtext, I just started re-playing again yesterday so I didn't get pretty far. Maybe @Crusaderknight20 missed this line of dialogue or maybe the mod's not working right, not sure.
Hey everyone! Just noticed that the latest update disabled the mod. But here's the good news: you no longer need the old mods since Larian fixed the bug. So, go ahead and delete the NoRomMale and NoRomFemale mods. Then, head over to the main page – you'll find new links to the updated mod there.
Crusaderknight20

Praemonitus wrote: December 24th, 2023, 09:03
My thanks.
As requested, I made a compatible mod for Femstarion : https://f.rpghq.org/nnWdE3GinaKT.zip?n= ... tarion.zip
Crusaderknight20

Pixelargh wrote: January 5th, 2024, 11:36
Great mod. Gale, Wyll, and Halsin are written as heterosexual and they were only Playersexual for "convenience"? IMO, it detracts from their characterization and makes them less real so this mod helps with that. The only exception would be Astarion. I think his dialogue option/romance should be kept even when playing as a male character. Remember Astarion doesn't see you as male or female. He is an apex predator. He sees you as food. He is manipulating you since day one so it makes sense he tries to seduce you.

Thank you!
About Astarion, I didn't really change his dialogue, but the flirt lines for the male character have been disabled. Also, what I changed was during the tiefling party. In the original game, if he doesn't have high approval, he won't make a move on you. But if he does, he'll try to seduce you. So, I added a gender restriction to that as an extra constraint.
Praemonitus

Post by Praemonitus »

Crusaderknight20 wrote: January 5th, 2024, 13:20
Praemonitus wrote: December 24th, 2023, 09:03
My thanks.
As requested, I made a compatible mod for Femstarion : https://f.rpghq.org/nnWdE3GinaKT.zip?n= ... tarion.zip
Your efforts are appreciated, thank you.
Pixelargh

Post by Pixelargh »

Crusaderknight20 wrote: January 5th, 2024, 15:22
Pixelargh wrote: January 5th, 2024, 11:36

Thank you!
About Astarion, I didn't really change his dialogue, but the flirt lines for the male character have been disabled. Also, what I changed was during the tiefling party. In the original game, if he doesn't have high approval, he won't make a move on you. But if he does, he'll try to seduce you. So, I added a gender restriction to that as an extra constraint.
Thanks, Crusader. Your implementation seems great. Very thoughtful. Just to be clear. Only romances / flirty dialogue will be disabled right? You can still experience the rest of their scenes/quests with high enough approval?