Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Alternate Wyll Revamped 2.2.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Tipfy wrote: December 6th, 2023, 20:42
I do not know how to upscale, but i can put the thing as you send me if you have an upscaled one.

no idea how to upload images here, I dont see a button for it. Topaz A.I. Gigapixel roughly doubled the size but I am not so sure these fit so well in bg3. Probaby better to use some AI stuff these days.

https://imgbox.com/0f1piLk8
Last edited by Vaako on December 7th, 2023, 14:56, edited 6 times in total.

Tags:
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Vaako

Post by Vaako »

thanks havent seen that, tried it doesnt work for me on firefox button doesnt do anything when the popup window shows and neither does dragging the file.

edit: figured out why java script wasnt enabled and had to open the site in another window to get the option to enable it, should work next time
Last edited by Vaako on December 7th, 2023, 15:36, edited 2 times in total.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

@rusty_shackleford I edited the post with the loading screen i previously made, the link is a new one including the BG1 upscaled.
Thanks @Vaako for the upscale.
Last edited by Tipfy on December 7th, 2023, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
Available mods can be found at MODHQ
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

► old
edit:
► old
Edit 2:

I updated it to correct for the blurriness the AI gave it that didn't match the rest of the portraits. Previous versions still available above.

https://f.rpghq.org/wpu2ipEnspLS.zip?n= ... en 2.2.zip
Unzip to the game folder.
Last edited by NEG on December 8th, 2023, 14:24, edited 4 times in total.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

orinEsque wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 15:27
Greybeard wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 15:22
But hey! At the moment i'm too drunk to care and one mod not working does not destroy my world! Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately you'll encounter similar issues with NoAlphabets if your mod order isn't working right.

When you aren't drunk, could you try pasting my contents into your modsettings.lsx. I'm curious if this fixes your issue, in case other GOG users come to me with the same issue. thanks!
I can tell you for future reference that I'm using GOG too and for all intents and purposes, everything is identical to the Steam release when it comes to mods, including the BG3ModManager, provided it is set up correctly, which even a chimp should manage.
PsychoBoy90 wrote: December 5th, 2023, 17:40
Hey man, I had the same problem. The issue was that every time I launch the game, modsettings.lsx would reset and basically disable all mods.
The solution was to disable NoAlphabetsBeardedAylin.pak (@orinEsque) - this one was messing up all other mods. Try dragging it to the right in ModManager. And if you don't have it, check your mods one by one - launch main menu, then Alt-Tab to Notepad++ with modsettings.lsx opened and see if it reloads or no.
I can tell you what is happening here. When even a single mod is fucky - and it can be any mod or some mod not wanting to work with another mod - """Baldur's Gate""" """3""" resets the entirety of the modsettings.lsx and loads the game without mods, but it doesn't tell you that it does any of this and will still attempt to load whatever saves you have without telling you that you don't have the prerequisite mods anymore like it would do normally (so it acts as if the game loaded with all the mods, but it did not actually do that, and has in fact reset the modsettings.lsx).

For this reason, I recommend trying to keep a backup of modsettings.lsx, because it can be an absolute bitch to remember your load order and to track down issues if you don't know what mods were loaded or in what order. I learned this the hard way with one of my own mods where I missed something extremely minor, like a ">" or a space or some shit like that.
Last edited by Luckmann on December 8th, 2023, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
Join the RPG Codex Official™ Discord Server
MCA, much like Adolf Hitler, did nothing wrong.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Luckmann wrote: December 8th, 2023, 06:01
orinEsque wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 15:27
Greybeard wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 15:22
But hey! At the moment i'm too drunk to care and one mod not working does not destroy my world! Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately you'll encounter similar issues with NoAlphabets if your mod order isn't working right.

When you aren't drunk, could you try pasting my contents into your modsettings.lsx. I'm curious if this fixes your issue, in case other GOG users come to me with the same issue. thanks!
I can tell you for future reference that I'm using GOG too and for all intents and purposes, everything is identical to the Steam release when it comes to mods, including the BG3ModManager, provided it is set up correctly, which even a chimp should manage.
PsychoBoy90 wrote: December 5th, 2023, 17:40
Hey man, I had the same problem. The issue was that every time I launch the game, modsettings.lsx would reset and basically disable all mods.
The solution was to disable NoAlphabetsBeardedAylin.pak (@orinEsque) - this one was messing up all other mods. Try dragging it to the right in ModManager. And if you don't have it, check your mods one by one - launch main menu, then Alt-Tab to Notepad++ with modsettings.lsx opened and see if it reloads or no.
I can tell you what is happening here. When even a single mod is fucky - and it can be any mod or some mod not wanting to work with another mod - """Baldur's Gate""" """3""" resets the entirety of the modsettings.lsx and loads the game without mods, but it doesn't tell you that it does any of this and will still attempt to load whatever saves you have without telling you that you don't have the prerequisite mods anymore like it would do normally (so it acts as if the game loaded with all the mods, but it did not actually do that, and has in fact reset the modsettings.lsx).

For this reason, I recommend trying to keep a backup of modsettings.lsx, because it can be an absolute bitch to remember your load order and to track down issues if you don't know what mods were loaded or in what order. I learned this the hard way with one of my own mods where I missed something extremely minor, like a ">" or a space or some shit like that.
Thanks i'll remove the GOG portion of the instructions then. Clearly this was likely happening to the mod users. if appdata folder is the exact same as steam, there really should be 0 difference. you are right.
Last edited by orinEsque on December 8th, 2023, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
citard

Post by citard »

NEG wrote: December 8th, 2023, 00:48
► old
edit:

Ok, I've added the scar under his eye.

https://f.rpghq.org/KgOJtXdTz173.zip?n= ... en 2.1.zip
Do you have a version for the Steam background? I don't know the correct sizes for these things so I can't resize this on my own.
citard

Post by citard »

citard wrote: December 8th, 2023, 11:58
NEG wrote: December 8th, 2023, 00:48
► old
edit:

Ok, I've added the scar under his eye.

https://f.rpghq.org/KgOJtXdTz173.zip?n= ... en 2.1.zip
Do you have a version for the Steam background? I don't know the correct sizes for these things so I can't resize this on my own.

Made the banner (I am the shittiest GIMP Studio user in the world, I dunno how to do the clouds correctly but if you do, you can find all the banner images and the way they're supposed to be sized at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\appcache\librarycache if you're using steam
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

why not just get rid of the characters? It looks dumb anyways
citard

Post by citard »

rusty_shackleford wrote: December 8th, 2023, 14:34
you vastly overestimate my skills lol, plus i wanted it to be close to the original artwork
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

citard wrote: December 8th, 2023, 11:58
Yes, I hacked together one:
https://f.rpghq.org/HyWO33MgR10s.zip?n= ... Images.zip

You should be able to drop them in this folder (probably on your C drive) and override what's there. I suggest backing up the 3 in there just in case. (There's a 4th one but it's blurry and small.)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\appcache\librarycache

Also, I updated the images to make his face less blurry compared to the others.
Last edited by NEG on December 8th, 2023, 15:46, edited 2 times in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Half the fun of this sort of thing is doing the exact opposite of what the devs want.

This is about the best you can hope for anyway.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

I honestly fucking hate the shitty "whole team of snowflakes on display"-type art. But I also hate this origin system nonsense that tries to undermine the core experience of the roleplaying game. Cutting them all out would be an immense improvement, and just have the squidship there.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
Join the RPG Codex Official™ Discord Server
MCA, much like Adolf Hitler, did nothing wrong.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Luckmann wrote: December 8th, 2023, 16:35
I honestly fucking hate the shitty "whole team of snowflakes on display"-type art. But I also hate this origin system nonsense that tries to undermine the core experience of the roleplaying game. Cutting them all out would be an immense improvement, and just have the squidship there.
I like the origin system because it leads to companions who are (a bit) more fleshed out. Funny to see almost nobody picked an origin character tho, what a waste of dev resources.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

I support the removal of all the characters and changing the hue of the clouds to be a more ominously purple and nightlike. The blue is very jarring.
Last edited by orinEsque on December 8th, 2023, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

This is what i had been looking for, a version of it without logo/character that is full size. Thanks.

Edit, @NEG I found the "full" size of that image, i think.
► Show Spoiler
I do not know how the ai thing work, but maybe the samble of cloud from this can help ?
► Show Spoiler
Edit again, nope, still not the full image...
Last edited by Tipfy on December 10th, 2023, 04:20, edited 4 times in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Yeah, there are a bunch of different versions of it online. Some are upscaled by AI services. Some are, I assume, from the BG3 website. Mine is just what's in the game's files.

The second one is a fan edit, iirc. The first is an entirely different version of the same image - e.g., the dragons aren't in the clouds. The smoothing on the skin makes me think a fan AI upscaled some image. Cool though.
Last edited by NEG on December 9th, 2023, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

Minor thing, but if someone wants to change it normal wyll is still visible in the difficulty selection screen.

Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

@neg this i believe may be the last version we'll do, unless orinEsque decide to show off the photoshop skill :D

Ligntened wyll a little, removed green spot in he's ear. With an without logo included; https://f.rpghq.org/AYaddNZXlHtt.rar?n= ... placer.rar
Last edited by Tipfy on December 11th, 2023, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Ty6 wrote: December 9th, 2023, 18:41
Minor thing, but if someone wants to change it normal wyll is still visible in the difficulty selection screen.

I was almost tempted to just live with this, since you only need to see this once per playthrough, but here:
https://f.rpghq.org/l9AFJ97N8mti.zip?n= ... anager.zip

White Wyll:
► Show Spoiler
Alternate no characters version:
► Show Spoiler
Keep in mind that these images will be smaller in-game, so flaws shouldn't matter as much.

The no characters version is in a folder labeled alternates at the bottom of the directory tree. You'll need to copy them out and delete the other ones, then remove the "_ALT" from the end of their names. There are two assets folders, but only the AssetsLowRes folder seems to matter on my install.
Last edited by NEG on December 10th, 2023, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

@NEG
It is not doing any changes on my game. I have try different .DDS format, also try to make a pack of it and still nothing :scratch:
Last edited by Tipfy on December 10th, 2023, 08:32, edited 4 times in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Tipfy wrote: December 10th, 2023, 07:24
@NEG
It is not doing any changes on my game. I have try different .DDS format, also try to make a pack of it and still nothing :scratch:
Sorry about that. I messed up the directory structure. Should be Data\Public\Game\GUI\AssetsLowRes\DMSettings

I updated the download link above.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

@NEG @Ty6
Made him paler, blonder, right eyes greyer and left one greener to match Alternate Wyll. I took the liberty to make 2 folder so it is easier for people to get the version they want.
https://f.rpghq.org/xCFM7sZkW4Bg.rar?n= ... rtrait.rar
► Show Spoiler
Edit, there was also a double of the Asset folder. Fixed too. "GUI\Assets\Assets\DMSettings"

Edit again, and now it is my turn to make a mistake, not renaming the alternative one correctly :D Fixed, new link.
Last edited by Tipfy on December 10th, 2023, 09:06, edited 5 times in total.
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

maybe i missed it maybe not, but can i have a version with white Wyll AND Karlach, but making wyll's head smaller, so it won't stand out that much? if that makes sense
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

CheesusCrust wrote: December 10th, 2023, 18:15
maybe i missed it maybe not, but can i have a version with white Wyll AND Karlach, but making wyll's head smaller, so it won't stand out that much? if that makes sense
I think @Tipfy is doing some form of a white karlach. I'll be replacing wyll's head at some point.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

@CheesusCrust I can make the difficulty picker paler karlach. If you want ? Though she don't look that red in that image.

If you are reffering to this mod ; https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/4722 I can make her paler too but i would not be of much help with wyll. The one i posted are edits of @NEG uploads on this thread. He's the ai wizard here, i'm just applysing some bits of make up to it.
Last edited by Tipfy on December 11th, 2023, 02:10, edited 2 times in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Changing Karlach would be a real pain since it's her whole body that'd need to be changed. AI would ruin all the details on her chest and hands.

The best way to do it would be with Photoshop or Krita using standard techniques and not AI:
► Show Spoiler
(9 years ago was a different time, eh?)

But I'm not really interested in doing this, since I'm personally fine with Karlach being red, just as I'm fine with Minthara being dark gray. They're fantasy races.

I only care about Wyll because he's obviously the token black guy and I don't appreciate politics forced into my games, and because if I ever want to play him as an origin character, I don't want to be black. Really, even black people should be insulted by him. Not only is he a token, but his dad was a token in the BG D&D campaign. "Ravengard" btw. Because his dad was black (like a raven) and started out as a guard. It's almost hard to believe they got away with this.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

I managed to make karlach white/pink ish on her portrait, the ai part i'm reffering to would be for making wyll look like the alternate one

And yep, i'm fine too with red Karlach, i just got inspired to make Valkyrie Karlach after seeing a screenshot of a white-blonde one, i liked the look. https://postimg.cc/d7fjRHyk
(Though on the screenshot she had golden-looking horns and no red in hair, those i did not manage to pull off, it was apparently made with a mod to use the mirror to change look on companion, if i'm correct)
Last edited by Tipfy on December 11th, 2023, 03:36, edited 3 times in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Ah, wait, I think we're misinterpreting him. He just wants a white Wyll, but he also wants a normal Karlach. But he wants Wyll shrunken down so he's not giant.

Putting Wyll on the Karlach mod is just cut and paste. Shrinking him is too much of a pain.

Well, apparently not cut and paste since the Karlach mod looks like it was upscaled. RIP.
Last edited by NEG on December 11th, 2023, 03:28, edited 2 times in total.