Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Should females be represented differently than males in RPGs?

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Dead wrote: February 18th, 2023, 11:11
You've argued in another thread that it's gay to prefer looking at attractive women to looking at men when you play video games.
Where did I say that?
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

NEG wrote: February 18th, 2023, 12:10
I haven't delved into the ruleset for @MadPreacher's Myths much, but IMO, my first thought is that, a hard cap isn't necessary, since an 18/00 strength man is a freak. You just don't get there irl without steroids and serious diet and training. So, the possibility that a female freak *could* be created should exist, even if they are far rarer than the male, BUT I think that females should receive a penalty to their strength at the start, since such freaks should remain freaks.
Since I got tagged here's the stat breakdown for all the races.

Nonwarrior females are generally capped at 16 for most races. This represents reality quite well. They do get bonuses to their maximum stats for Intelligence, Wisdom, and Constitution to compensate for the loss of strength.

Explanation for the races.

Elaz: Elves
Aliphian: Bipedal canines
Annunaki: Angels
Sisulu: Centaurs
Gallu: Demons
Dumillu: Dwarves
Sur-Elaz: Half-Elves
Sur-Dumillu: Half-Dwarves
Awilu: Humans
Kitharian: Bipedal felines
Gudu: Minotaurs

I found an error in my table and fixed it. Gudu warrior females should have 18(75) Strength maximum. Thanks @NEG for making me post this. :)
aeternalis

Post by aeternalis »

WhiteShark wrote: February 18th, 2023, 02:41
aeternalis wrote: February 17th, 2023, 19:41
I always felt far more comfortable as a GM because of the self-inserting tendency.
So instead, the whole population becomes aeternalis clones? :scratch:
lol, but nah. When I GM'd I was better at giving NPCs unique personalities and quirks than if I created a PC who would end up being self-inserty. (I think I unconsciously did that to explore aspects of myself through words, because later on I ended up shelving RPGs for writing)

If you think about it, GMing is just roleplaying, except the setting/the world/the multiverse is your character. So... the worlds I ran absolutely reflected my personality at the time. I never ran an off-the-shelf setting and always homebrewed.

Bringing myself back to the topic: Females and males are different, so you'd think the answer is yes: but obviously, since society can't agree on the (existence of and content of) the differences (and because they're all subject to individual variation from group means, with great complexity) its fragmentation is reflected in our RPGs, where mainstream-targeted stuff will reflect the cultural mainstream answer and niche games, knowing their audience will self-select, feel free to deviate (and in fact often exist because of a need to deviate).

Also, the most fundamental difference (the way we bring new life into the world) doesn't "statistically" matter in an RPG unless you're making some Crusader Kings or Game of Thrones generational thing
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by aeternalis on February 18th, 2023, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
GhostCow
Turtle
Turtle

Post by GhostCow »

Dead wrote: February 18th, 2023, 11:11
You've argued in another thread that it's gay to prefer looking at attractive women to looking at men when you play video games.
Nick Fuentes confirmed
☆HQ Defense Force☆
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

Vic wrote: February 18th, 2023, 10:25
Dead wrote: February 18th, 2023, 10:13
Why don't you look at your character's ass?
the ass makes up less than 5% of the screen why do you focus on that

Tell me where your eyes land first and I'll tell you if you're gay:

Idk if it's less than 5% or not, but I just cannot avoid seeing it 100% of the time. My eyes just wander there once in a while, especially during changing character stance.

I find female ass somewhat alluring (if you could call it that), while looking at male ass makes me... hmm... feel unpleasant?

But I guess I'm gay. Well, okay.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Konjad wrote: February 18th, 2023, 15:36
Idk if it's less than 5% or not
it's actually only 1.23% in the first screenshot
► Show Spoiler
AssPixels/TotalPixels=AssRatio

(133x85)/(1280x720)=0.0123 ~= 1.23%
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

SharkClub wrote: February 17th, 2023, 17:58
Yep. Self-insertfags are probably some of the most knuckledragging of all the troglodytes playing "RPGs" these day, so many flavors and they choose vanilla, then for playthrough number 2 they also choose vanilla, and playthrough 3 and so on... if I'm playing a hot chick in a video game it doesn't mean I'm a self-inserting tranny, just like if I commit mass murder or enslave somebody in a game it doesn't mean I'm a psychopath.
When I play a mass-murdering pschopath, it's not because I'm playing a character, but because that's who I actually am.
GothGirlSupremacy

Post by GothGirlSupremacy »

Playing a girl in an MMORPG is peak trannypilling, btw.

It starts off innocently. "Oh I like the model/animations more." Heh, okay. Then people in-game start calling them a she and they realize, "wait this guy thinks I'm a girl." You get an idea... what if you dupe him into giving you free shit? Now you got a mook, a blind sugar-daddy at your disposal. Repairs, mounts, items, all of it can be yours because he thinks you're a girl.

Now if it stopped there that'd be okay. A fine scam, it'd get revealed one day of course you were a dude all along. But this is when a bad turn comes.

You start to have to keep the ruse up. Now you're doing some weird shit like emoting at the guy, giggling and stuff, jumping in place excitedly a lot like a retard. Then a few weeks later, you're dressing in the most scant attire the game allows... soon enough you're putting your female character in awkward but suggestive positions. Before you know it, you're fine with this man sending private messages telling you how much he would tear that ass up in gratuitous detail. Then comes the brutal selling out of your soul: you start to respond back in equal nasty detail.

Before you know it, you're using voice changers, you're taking weird angle screenshots with heavy make-up and filters, you start wearing a choker to conceal your Adam's apple, you call yourself Theodora, you're basically a full-blown tranny fag. Realizing how far you've come, you don't want to continue it, but you really like Escape from Tarkov and don't want this gravy train to stop. So you do the final act: you make the transition IRL.

And this is just one such instance of how quickly it snowballs. Never betray your gender. Not even once.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

GothGirlSupremacy wrote: February 18th, 2023, 22:55
Playing a girl in an MMORPG is peak trannypilling, btw.

It starts off innocently. "Oh I like the model/animations more." Heh, okay. Then people in-game start calling them a she and they realize, "wait this guy thinks I'm a girl." You get an idea... what if you dupe him into giving you free shit? Now you got a mook, a blind sugar-daddy at your disposal. Repairs, mounts, items, all of it can be yours because he thinks you're a girl.

Now if it stopped there that'd be okay. A fine scam, it'd get revealed one day of course you were a dude all along. But this is when a bad turn comes.

You start to have to keep the ruse up. Now you're doing some weird shit like emoting at the guy, giggling and stuff, jumping in place excitedly a lot like a retard. Then a few weeks later, you're dressing in the most scant attire the game allows... soon enough you're putting your female character in awkward but suggestive positions. Before you know it, you're fine with this man sending private messages telling you how much he would tear that ass up in gratuitous detail. Then comes the brutal selling out of your soul: you start to respond back in equal nasty detail.

Before you know it, you're using voice changers, you're taking weird angle screenshots with heavy make-up and filters, you start wearing a choker to conceal your Adam's apple, you call yourself Theodora, you're basically a full-blown tranny fag. Realizing how far you've come, you don't want to continue it, but you really like Escape from Tarkov and don't want this gravy train to stop. So you do the final act: you make the transition IRL.

And this is just one such instance of how quickly it snowballs. Never betray your gender. Not even once.
I'd imagine the proliferation of japanese anime has a much greater impact on trannies than playing as a girl in a video game. There's a reason why most of these degenerates have anime avatars and post anime images/gifs constantly.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

KnightoftheWind wrote: February 28th, 2023, 01:37
I'd imagine the proliferation of japanese anime has a much greater impact on trannies than playing as a girl in a video game. There's a reason why most of these degenerates have anime avatars and post anime images/gifs constantly.
If that were true, there would be more troons in Japan and Europe than in the US.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

The OPs question relies a lot on whether he thinks RPG systems are a form of simulation or a tool to enable fantasy. I recognize there are two distinct camps in that regard.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Atlantico wrote: February 28th, 2023, 11:00
The OPs question
Clarified that I wrote the title, not the OP, for people that missed the original thread.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 28th, 2023, 11:10
Atlantico wrote: February 28th, 2023, 11:00
The OPs question
Clarified that I wrote the title, not the OP, for people that missed the original thread.
KnightoftheWind

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 28th, 2023, 10:18
KnightoftheWind wrote: February 28th, 2023, 01:37
If that were true, there would be more troons in Japan and Europe than in the US.
I've never lived in Japan, but what I can tell is that their culture is hyper consoomerized and anime is basically their culture now. I'd imagine a lot of the same degeneracy we are facing here in the west, is happening there. We just don't see it because, well, we don't live there or visit very often. The zoomer generation has absorbed anime into their conscious, with dire consequences. I feel that anime absolutely has an effect on our current globohomo world.
GhostCow
Turtle
Turtle

Post by GhostCow »

KnightoftheWind wrote: February 28th, 2023, 16:27
I've never lived in Japan
This is obvious. Otaku are looked down upon in Japan and a lot of people think they are all rapists and murderers. Anime is not their culture wtf lol.
☆HQ Defense Force☆
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Wow, based Japs!
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
KnightoftheWind

GhostCow wrote: February 28th, 2023, 16:30
KnightoftheWind wrote: February 28th, 2023, 16:27
I've never lived in Japan
This is obvious. Otaku are looked down upon in Japan and a lot of people think they are all rapists and murderers. Anime is not their culture wtf lol.
It's everywhere, from their products, their commercials, and advertising. Also note the epidemic of "herbivore men" and hikkikomori in Japan too, individuals who refuse to go outside and just coom to anime all day. This stuff is degenerate, just in a different way from your usual (((western))) fare.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 1st, 2023, 03:42
It's everywhere, from their products, their commercials, and advertising. Also note the epidemic of "herbivore men" and hikkikomori in Japan too, individuals who refuse to go outside and just coom to anime all day. This stuff is degenerate, just in a different way from your usual (((western))) fare.
Anime isnt really to blame. Being a salaryman in japan is a nightmare, not because you work a lot, but because, culturally, work has to become your life or you will be seen as lazy and incompetent. That work culture, that has mostly come from the generation that had to bring japan back from being nuked to kingdom come, is something youth seems to be rebelling against, this little rebellion has created a whole bunch of kids that dont want to bother with women that, culturally, are very demanding and strict.

At least thats how Ive heard it explained a couple times. Kids just dont want a life of work, so they dont bother, and women dont want lazy bums, so guys give up on women along with the life of work.

Anime is a very niche thing, mostly consumed by kids. It is frowned upon in the adult world.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

From what I've read, part of that phenomenon can be attributed to a mistaken educational policy. For a while they embraced a looser, more Western, individualistic policy in schools; you know, the kind many of us probably grew up with about 'follow your dreams' etc. Then these kids grew up and entered Japanese society and it was a total mismatch and many didn't know what to do with themselves. Now the government has switched gears back to a stricter, more collectiviist policy, but the damage to the previous generation has already been done.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Can someone explain why people care so much more about representing sexual dimorphism when it comes to STR, but are so casual about INT and WIS?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

J1M wrote: March 1st, 2023, 16:17
Can someone explain why people care so much more about representing sexual dimorphism when it comes to STR, but are so casual about INT and WIS?
Probably because it's easier to imagine exceptions to the latter than it is to the former.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

J1M wrote: March 1st, 2023, 16:17
Because women can reach the same high IQ, memory, reasoning, and learning ability as men. It's just that they fall more into the average rather than the extremes. Here's a good graphic showing the difference.

Women are the red line and men are the blue line.

Source

Wisdom represents enlightenment, judgment, guile, willpower, common sense, and intuition. Women are pretty much equal in this department.

If you have anything to the contrary feel free to present it.

Note I'm using AD&D 2E's definitions for the attributes.
Last edited by MadPreacher on March 1st, 2023, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

WhiteShark wrote: March 1st, 2023, 16:15
From what I've read, part of that phenomenon can be attributed to a mistaken educational policy. For a while they embraced a looser, more Western, individualistic policy in schools; you know, the kind many of us probably grew up with about 'follow your dreams' etc. Then these kids grew up and entered Japanese society and it was a total mismatch and many didn't know what to do with themselves. Now the government has switched gears back to a stricter, more collectiviist policy, but the damage to the previous generation has already been done.
A "looser, more Western, individualistic policy" for students is a bad thing, the opposite is far superior.

Which generation are you referring to here? (zoomer, younger millenial, older millenial, younger Gen X, older Gen X)
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Gastrick wrote: March 1st, 2023, 17:51
A "looser, more Western, individualistic policy" for students is a bad thing, the opposite is far superior.
If you look at education in the US before the government got involved, 19th century, the US had a fairly high literacy rate. It also had a good record for patents and artistic works in literature and music. That's because back then it was individualistic. Compare that to now where most US students can't even find their own state on a map.

Modern US education is based upon the 19th century Prussian model of strict conformity that churns out worker drones for the state. The state doesn't need you to know where you live. It just needs you to do X job until you retire.

I'm sure you have actual proof to back up your statement on collectivist education being superior. I can't wait to read it.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

MadPreacher wrote: March 1st, 2023, 17:43
Women are pretty much equal in this department.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Gastrick wrote: March 1st, 2023, 18:10
MadPreacher wrote: March 1st, 2023, 17:43
Women are pretty much equal in this department.
You missed the rest, "enlightenment, guile, willpower, and intuition." Selectively choosing things from a definition doesn't help you in the slightest. Even then women that exercise common sense and judgement are the norm. It's the ones that don't get all the air time.
Gastrick
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gastrick »

MadPreacher wrote: March 1st, 2023, 18:02
That's because back then it was individualistic.
[citation needed]
based upon the 19th century Prussian model of strict conformity
It also had a good record for patents and artistic works in literature and music.
For inventions (first car), literature (Goethe), and music (beethoven, wagner), Germany was either equal or greater than the U.S., so your case doesn't stand up to reality. The real reason behind all of these things is genetics, that people back then had superior blood to those today and were capable of much more. Like the 19th century study of reaction times, they have steadily decreased over time, which strongly correlates with intelligence, and shows that people have been steadily getting dumber for over 120 years. While intelligence is necessary for great things, it isn't sufficient, where strong discipline and endurance for long efforts is also needed (for inventions and scientific discoveries).
MadPreacher wrote: March 1st, 2023, 18:02
If you look at education in the US before the government got involved, 19th century, the US had a fairly high literacy rate.
Not that this matters to me, but literacy has actually gone up over time. The obvious explanation being that education wasn't always universal, and a significant portion of the population didn't go to any schools:

MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Gastrick wrote: March 1st, 2023, 18:43
[citation needed]
The US didn't have a government run education system in the majority of the states until the 1870s. Prior to that what was called public schools back then were in reality private schools as the government was not involved at all in the running of them.
To help unify the nation after the Revolutionary War, textbooks were written to standardize spelling and pronunciation and to instill patriotism and religious beliefs in students. At the same time, these textbooks included negative stereotypes of Native Americans and certain immigrant groups. The children going to school continued primarily to be those from wealthy families. By the mid-1800s, a call for free, compulsory education had begun, and compulsory education became widespread by the end of the century. This was an important development, as children from all social classes could now receive a free, formal education. Compulsory education was intended to further national unity and to teach immigrants “American” values. It also arose because of industrialization, as an industrial economy demanded reading, writing, and math skills much more than an agricultural economy had.
Source
Upon becoming the secretary of education of Massachusetts in 1837, Horace Mann (1796–1859) worked to create a statewide system of professional teachers, based on the Prussian model of "common schools." Prussia was attempting to develop a system of education by which all students were entitled to the same content in their public classes. Mann initially focused on elementary education and on training teachers. The common-school movement quickly gained strength across the North. Connecticut adopted a similar system in 1849, and Massachusetts passed a compulsory attendance law in 1852.[78][79] Mann's crusading style attracted wide middle-class support. Historian Ellwood P. Cubberley asserts:

No one did more than he to establish in the minds of the American people the conception that education should be universal, non-sectarian, free, and that its aims should be social efficiency, civic virtue, and character, rather than mere learning or the advancement of sectarian ends.[80]
Source
For inventions (first car)
Invented by the French in 1769 and used steam power.
literature (Goethe)
Compare that to Mark Twain and Edgar Allen Poe.
music (beethoven, wagner)
Of which the US created Jazz, Blues, Bluegrass, Country, and Rock 'n Roll. Of which most of the movers and shakers that created these genres were homeschooled or went to a public school before they were destroyed by the US Department of Education that was created by Jimmy Carter. You had a point somewhere right?
Germany was either equal or greater than the U.S.
Oh dick measuring contest I see. The US is a superpower and Germany is getting welfare from US taxpayers while hiding behind US troops. When your country can spend as much of your GDP on your own defense let me know.
The real reason behind all of these things is genetics, that people back then had superior blood to those today and were capable of much more. Like the 19th century study of reaction times, they have steadily decreased over time, which strongly correlates with intelligence, and shows that people have been steadily getting dumber for over 120 years. While intelligence is necessary for great things, it isn't sufficient, where strong discipline and endurance for long efforts is also needed.
Genetics has no bearing on what you are taught. That was my point. I could care less of the shit you shoveled here since it's not at issue.
Not that this matters to me, but literacy has actually gone up over time. The obvious explanation being that education wasn't always universal, and a significant portion of the population didn't go to any schools:
You lack a source for your chart and it begins after most states had adopted mandatory government education.

There's my proof that your collectivist education has failed. I want you to refute that.
Last edited by MadPreacher on March 1st, 2023, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

German culture is significantly older than American culture. For the relatively short amount of time the US has existed, it has created an exceptional amount of great music and art.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Dead wrote: March 1st, 2023, 18:59
German culture is significantly older than American culture. For the relatively short amount of time the US has existed, it has created an exceptional amount of great music and art.
We also have the largest number of Nobel laurates. The US has 403 while Germany has a measly 114.

Source