We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
RPGHQ HAS BEEN TARGETED BY GLOBALISTS! WE'VE BEEN DEPLATFORMED! DON'T LET THEM TURN THE FROGS GAY!!

HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Better Romance 2.5.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

pablitsu

Post by pablitsu »

Also, regarding NoRomVanilla mod, what does it mean by restricting romace interactions, but romance is still active? I want to disable male romance routes I don't know what mod I have to pick

Tags:
Schizoid1488

Post by Schizoid1488 »

So many based mods, vgh I kneel..... Thank you for your service. Is there any chance that there'd be a mod that edits out the cringe cuckshit with Shadowheart and Halsin?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Schizoid1488 wrote: June 14th, 2024, 21:09
So many based mods, vgh I kneel..... Thank you for your service. Is there any chance that there'd be a mod that edits out the cringe cuckshit with Shadowheart and Halsin?
No. Sorry, Rusty.
Schizoid1488

Post by Schizoid1488 »

Oyster Sauce wrote: June 14th, 2024, 21:11
No. Sorry, Rusty.
It's over.........
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

You could try romancing a better character.
Sweet as a sugar plum
Schizoid1488

Post by Schizoid1488 »

Vergil wrote: June 15th, 2024, 18:54
You could try romancing a better character.
Shadowheart was perfect in the beta before larian went full cuck mode and made every single character into a sex pest to get the updoots from reddit troons. I'm never going to stop coping that one day mods will exist that remove all of that and make her the trad waifu she was always meant to be.......................
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

The cope people have about the early access secretly being this epic based trad game before the jews used kabbalah magic to make all the same developers who made it suddenly decide to be libs should be studied.
Sweet as a sugar plum
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Is there any chance that there'd be a mod that edits out the cringe cuckshit with Shadowheart and Halsin?
@Crusaderknight20 moved this to your mod's thread since it's about romance
Steam friend code: 40552640
https://steamcommunity.com/friends/add
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

Vergil wrote: June 15th, 2024, 19:17
The cope people have about the early access secretly being this epic based trad game before the jews used kabbalah magic to make all the same developers who made it suddenly decide to be libs should be studied.
Larian devs were always libs - I mean, they're Belgians for fuck's sake, and it's not like their previous games were devoid of this shit.

that being said, the latter acts are disproportionately filled with garbage compared to the first one, and third in particular is an absolute shitshow where everything from ambient dialogue to NPCs revolves around some overt message that makes you feel like they had to fill some mandated quota at the last moment - so I can understand why some people would get the impression that the game only got pozzed to this extent at full release.

it's equally sad and hilarious because the game suffers from that usual Larian lack of quality consistency, but that didn't stop them from recording a few dozen ambient dialogue lines about a brothel instead of giving your companions some much-needed reactivity that was sorely lacking in the third act for key plot points compared to first.
Schizoid1488

Post by Schizoid1488 »

I doubt there are any game dev companies, especially in the AAA range, nowadays that are le ebin trad saviors of the west. But objectively BG3 was not nearly as pozzed in the beta compared to it's full release, shadowheart didn't have any cuckshit in her dialogue, the default human wasnt a nigger, the NPCs generally looked much more normal and less "diverse" and there weren't collabs from drag queens and trannies playing npcs. I doubt it's jews that made them do it, it's just that white liberals are incredibly mentally ill nutcases that worship niggerfaggots and realize that if you make some cringe controversial shit in your game then reddit and xitter troons will shill for it 24/7 on every social media. At this point I can't wait for all of africa and asia to finally get internet and just completely subdue the troon voices with overwhelming numbers. These people are a disease that needs to be cut out.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

nyxnyx wrote: June 15th, 2024, 19:39
Larian devs were always libs - I mean, they're Belgians for fuck's sake, and it's not like their previous games were devoid of this shit.
This was Swen in 2013.
https://web.archive.org/web/20140425012 ... ensorship/
our lead animator decided that on this particular game he was going to show the world what he thinks of censorship. He made the most obvious sexist camera shot ever for the introduction of the dwarven princess to the dragon knight, and then queried me whether I thought it was over the top, and whether or not such an expression of artistic freedom belonged in a game. As I was debating the issue openly I somehow managed to get half Larian around me, who vigorously let me know that censorship is a thing of the devil and what they thought about their right to aim a camera at a dwarven princess’ breasts.

I let them cook a bit by playing the devil’s advocate, but let it in because a) I’m no big fan of censorship, b) I’m no fan of enforced politically correctness because it gives media too much power to shape opinion and c) I thought there was something symbolical about this particular shot being such a discussion generator just because it was visual. I think there is much more controversial stuff than this in the way the councillors formulate their opnions , but apparently the fact that that’s just words doesn’t provoke the same emotions.
UltraFan123

Post by UltraFan123 »

Schizoid1488 wrote: June 15th, 2024, 19:45
it's just that white liberals are incredibly mentally ill nutcases that worship niggerfaggots
That always seemed a bit odd to me. Granted I'm a Latino guy who wouldn't pass as "White" under most definitions, or perhaps it may be because I wasn't born nor raised in the US that I don't get that retarded mentality.
Godjjjita

Post by Godjjjita »

UltraFan123 wrote: June 16th, 2024, 03:34
it's just that white liberals are incredibly mentally ill nutcases that worship niggerfaggots
That always seemed a bit odd to me. Granted I'm a Latino guy who wouldn't pass as "White" under most definitions, or perhaps it may be because I wasn't born nor raised in the US that I don't get that retarded mentality.
Your country probably doesn't have "white guilt", A institutionalized brainwashing program that makes you hate yourself by telling you that by just existing you're privileged and guilty of all made up crimes they create to pretend black people are still oppressed today and must repent by doing all you can to raise black people into positions of power to pay for the sin of being born white. If it seems dystopic, it is!
Rand

Post by Rand »

Godjjjita wrote: June 16th, 2024, 06:45
UltraFan123 wrote: June 16th, 2024, 03:34
Your country probably doesn't have "white guilt", A institutionalized brainwashing program that makes you hate yourself by telling you that by just existing you're privileged and guilty of all made up crimes they create to pretend black people are still oppressed today and must repent by doing all you can to raise black people into positions of power to pay for the sin of being born white. If it seems dystopic, it is!
It's worse than that.
You can't just feel "guilty". You have to worship blacks, no matter how rotten they clearly act.
You must unconditionally support them in every way and never say or even say you notice something.
Such as getting rid of police, since so many blacks act criminally so often that the police are "against" them.
You can't say it was a mistake, you just have to move to a red state and let the savages burn down the cities.
Of course, like the retarded children they are, the niggers are running wild without white supervision.
Last edited by Rand on June 16th, 2024, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

nyxnyx wrote: June 15th, 2024, 19:39
Vergil wrote: June 15th, 2024, 19:17

that being said, the latter acts are disproportionately filled with garbage compared to the first one, and third in particular is an absolute shitshow where everything from ambient dialogue to NPCs revolves around some overt message that makes you feel like they had to fill some mandated quota at the last moment - so I can understand why some people would get the impression that the game only got pozzed to this extent at full release.

it's equally sad and hilarious because the game suffers from that usual Larian lack of quality consistency, but that didn't stop them from recording a few dozen ambient dialogue lines about a brothel instead of giving your companions some much-needed reactivity that was sorely lacking in the third act for key plot points compared to first.
Seriously. They went out of their way to add brothel dialogues, but very little regarding the actual plot points.
Crusaderknight20

Post by Crusaderknight20 »

I'm working on it. Currently, I'm waiting for the official modding tool so I can generate new lip sync. My future plans are to rewrite all the banter, not just to remove the horniness, but to improve it, just like the other great RPGs of the past that have good banter.

I can whip something up now, but keep in mind that I'll be constrained because of the lip sync, so I'll have to replace the dialogue while still matching it with the lip sync.
Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament. There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Crusaderknight20 wrote: June 19th, 2024, 02:48
I'm working on it. Currently, I'm waiting for the official modding tool so I can generate new lip sync. My future plans are to rewrite all the banter, not just to remove the horniness, but to improve it, just like the other great RPGs of the past that have good banter.

I can whip something up now, but keep in mind that I'll be constrained because of the lip sync, so I'll have to replace the dialogue while still matching it with the lip sync.
Crazy that you can't escape your partner cheating on you, even in a fantasy game. This mod would be very appreciated (even if it requires a wait). Making all the characters monogamous again would make a lot of players happy, judging by all the negative reactions in the larian forums.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

destinyhntr wrote: June 19th, 2024, 03:06
Crazy that you can't escape your partner cheating on you
You can if you don't pick shit options
Sweet as a sugar plum
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Vergil wrote: June 19th, 2024, 03:22
destinyhntr wrote: June 19th, 2024, 03:06
Crazy that you can't escape your partner cheating on you
You can if you don't pick shit options
There isn't really any warning early on that she's the type to cheat, though. Even if I did romance her (which I didn't), I'd have no way of knowing she was a cheater until the bear pest starts being annoying in Act 3. I've heard she acts monogamous until the bear rears it's ugly face.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

It never once came up in my playthrough so I assume people were just picking some cuck option then surprised they got cucked
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

destinyhntr wrote: June 19th, 2024, 03:28
There isn't really any warning early on that she's the type to cheat, though.
She dyes her hair at one point that's warning enough for me :Inspector:
Sweet as a sugar plum
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 19th, 2024, 03:38
It never once came up in my playthrough so I assume people were just picking some cuck option then surprised they got cucked
Since I unfortunately know all the lore for this while deep diving some Halsin threads, the Shadowheart romance goes like this:

Bear pest asks to join in on the player's relationship. They can say no.
The day after the PC and SH have an 'intimate' moment, Halsin tells Shadowheart she should invite him to join next time. She flirts back.
Then if you go to the brothel, he'll invite himself into a threesome and SH will say she's dreamed of doing the deed with him.

Basically, if you don't bring Halsin with you anywhere, you'll be fine, and since he was voted the least popular character, I assume most people thankfully didn't have to get "cucked".
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

destinyhntr wrote: June 19th, 2024, 04:52
rusty_shackleford wrote: June 19th, 2024, 03:38
Since I unfortunately know all the lore for this while deep diving some Halsin threads, the Shadowheart romance goes like this:

Bear pest asks to join in on the player's relationship. They can say no.
The day after the PC and SH have an 'intimate' moment, Halsin tells Shadowheart she should invite him to join next time. She flirts back.
Then if you go to the brothel, he'll invite himself into a threesome and SH will say she's dreamed of doing the deed with him.

Basically, if you don't bring Halsin with you anywhere, you'll be fine, and since he was voted the least popular character, I assume most people thankfully didn't have to get "cucked".
He knows all of this btw there's been at least 2 threads dedicated to this.
Sweet as a sugar plum
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

and since he was voted the least popular character
Entire reason he was even made a companion was larian made the stupid decision to listen to popular feedback on reddit. Nothing on their reddit forum has meshed with any of the data Larian has actually published.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 19th, 2024, 04:54
and since he was voted the least popular character
Entire reason he was even made a companion was larian made the stupid decision to listen to popular feedback on reddit. Nothing on their reddit forum has meshed with any of the data Larian has actually published.
I saw a lot of the EA people who requested Halsin be a companion get disappointed by the result anyway. No one wanted the sex pest thing. They liked him because he WASN'T a sex pest and was just a chill guy (so they say. I never played EA). Listening to a super niche group of loud redditors/twitter users is an unfortunate choice, just like most of Hollywood and media nowadays, it seems.
Schizoid1488

Post by Schizoid1488 »

Crusaderknight20 wrote: June 19th, 2024, 02:48

WE ARE SO BACK