Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Do you Roguelike?

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Cogemeister wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 06:04
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 05:15
Cogemeister wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 05:09
Is Tales of Qud any good? I saw Sseth’s video on it, and also saw how uptight and thin skinned the devs are.
Decent game but I can't recommend giving money to the developers, so just pirate it.
Development also slowed down significantly the further into politics the devs got. It's still unfinished nearly a decade after entering early access.
Ah, I’ve also been looking into Tome as it seems super in depth. I didn’t realize caves of qud was still in early access like project zomboid lol.
You can download the base ToME for free from their site, FYI: https://te4.org/download
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Any of you played this?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Yes. It was too sandbox for me. It's fun to try out some of the crazy combinations you can make, but it didn't hold any long-term interest for me. Got bored after a couple of hours.
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

It's fun. I got more gameplay out of it than @Acrux did. It has co-op if you care about that. It's not too hard to beat if you make a custom build, but winning with many of the prebuilt characters can be pretty difficult. I didn't play on Steam so I don't know how many hours I played; my guess is 10-15.