Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Tim Cain says there are no bad games only different preferences and budgets... Agree? Disagree?

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.

Tim Cain says there are no bad games only different preferences and budgets...

I agree. There are no objectively bad games.
3%
I disagree. There are objectively bad games.
97%

Total votes: 62

AmericanMonarchist

Post by AmericanMonarchist »

Vergil wrote: May 21st, 2024, 19:32
It's interesting moral relativism is only ever defended in cases where the defender has some weird degenerate perversion that goes against morality and art relativism is only ever defended in cases where the "artist" makes dog shit like piss Christ or Outer Worlds.
They use moral relativism to defend their beliefs and moral absolutism to attack yours.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I laughed out loud just now when I read MCA's review of the Fallout series.
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

The poll results were so much better when it's just Tim Cain who voted for the first option.
StudiedAsleep

Post by StudiedAsleep »

Who’s Tim cain?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

StudiedAsleep wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 02:41
Who’s Tim cain?
The guy Todd Howard let make Fallout 1
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

Re: preferences versus quality, entertaining versus craftsmanship, it should be noted:

IF given preference P, e.g., 2 apples >> 5 grapes, subjectively, THEN x >> y objectively, is valid inference. Indeed, as common a part of life as preference.

Some objects will satisfy, courtesy of physics, an arbitrary preference better that others. So objectively, even though the preference itself is purely subjective. Once we grant any given preference, we have criteria that some objects objective do worse at:

x = fresh apples
y = spoiled apples, pockmarked with holes, with black and white mold all over it, yum.

Edit. Once you want a washing machine, you subjectively prefer one washing machine over whatever cash you budget for it. Ok. This preference is totally arbitrary and subjective: other people would prefer the cash. But now, some objects are objectively better at satisfying that preference over others. E.g., some washing machines, such as those that flood your house, are actually haram.

Because of factual and objective laws of physics. Even though you want pounds sterling less than washing machines.

Edit. Yeah, this is now a philosophical extension of the washing machine thread.
Last edited by NotAI on May 22nd, 2024, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

NotAI wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 19:51
Re: preferences versus quality, entertaining versus craftsmanship, it should be noted:

IF given preference P, e.g., 2 apples >> 5 grapes, subjectively, THEN x >> y objectively, is valid inference. Indeed, as common a part of life as preference.

Some objects will satisfy, courtesy of physics, an arbitrary preference better that others. So objectively, even though the preference itself is purely subjective. Once we grant any given preference, we have criteria that some objects objective do worse at:

x = fresh apples
y = spoiled apples, pockmarked with holes, with black and white mold all over it, yum.

Edit. Once you want a washing machine, you subjectively prefer one washing machine over whatever cash you budget for it. Ok. This preference is totally arbitrary and subjective: other people would prefer the cash. But now, some objects are objectively better at satisfying that preference over others. E.g., some washing machines, such as those that flood your house, are actually haram.

Because of factual and objective laws of physics. Even though you want pounds sterling less than washing machines.

Edit. Yeah, this is now a philosophical extension of the washing machine thread.
man I just want games without gays in it
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 14th, 2024, 19:04
reminder that the only reason fallout exists is because the marketing department rejected like 20 other shit ideas he had
Someone should track down the marketing department and have them produce a game.

@AmericanMonarchist Did you hit the wrong option in the vote, or are you @Tim_Cain's faggot fuck buddy?
Last edited by anonusername on May 22nd, 2024, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/tim ... 364/page-2

As it stands the codex split is 1 | 92

Whereas the split on hq stands at 2 | 57

Presumably with an overlap of 10 - 20
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

NotAI wrote: May 27th, 2024, 03:24
Can you see if Tim Cain voted in the Codex poll? If we discounted Tim Cain from ours, there were only one agree vote.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/tim ... 364/page-2

Whereas the split on hq stands at 2 | 57

Presumably with an overlap of 10 - 20
Kind of a wild difference is interaction percentage considering the userbase of each site.
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

WhiteShark wrote: May 27th, 2024, 07:58
Can you see if Tim Cain voted in the Codex poll? If we discounted Tim Cain from ours, there were only one agree vote.
Fuc...I forgot to enable that option and now it's not available to select. Only can add more options...

So it remains a historical mystery :sad:
Vergil wrote: May 27th, 2024, 08:04
Kind of a wild difference is interaction percentage considering the userbase of each site.
Definitely. HQ has much more per capita activity.
I'm almost certain it's 95% due to codex's 2FA. People just don't remember both passwords all the time, only occasionally. So they started more often just lurking and don't post. Or log out, clear browser, and can't be bothered to log back in to reply :scratch:
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

UPDATE: After a week, in the end, it seems the final count in the limit...

...the codex split is 2 | 114

The hq split is 2 | 58

This probably is the limit of each userbase since most users just lurk.

Post by 1998 »

I mean that's not surprising. That's hardly a controversial question for any it seems non-fag.
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

1998 wrote: June 3rd, 2024, 15:37
I mean that's not surprising. That's hardly a controversial question...
...until you see many YT comments...many YT videos...and realize that apparently it is...

Just like the controversy around the blight upon the land that is level scaling.

But comments don't sum. YT is not a forum. Somebody with a big channel needs to make a poll :Inspector:

Then we can be properly SHOCKED (Hotoru is SHOCKED!) at the contrast :knight:

On different platforms...
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Acrux wrote: May 21st, 2024, 21:06
I laughed out loud just now when I read MCA's review of the Fallout series.
I love resident evil 1, that movie was the shit. If I like something its good. Everything doesn't have to be a Shakespeare production or beef wellington.