Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

The Wayward Realms

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Talos worship will be wiped out by then, and what's left of imperial administration will be held by the Crowns. The bretons are just dead, and skyrim disappeared in a Dragon Break. Then will emerge the moonsugar dealer-hero, the Hunding, who replaces Talos as The One, exposes the Thalmor plot in Tamriel, and reverses the redguards racial inability to stop killing each other and expand into an empire. Tamriel will have a Black Emperor: Gorj Ye Floyd Hunding, and he will nuke Summerset off-screen, because Tiber Septim couldn't.
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Vergil wrote: February 1st, 2024, 08:35
I think it's so funny that everyone universally views orcs as niggers. Even people who love niggers then project their poor mistreated minority noble savage whole chungus 100 onto orcs because they recognize they are NIGGERS.
There's a father and son orc in the same picture so this theory of yours needs more proof to back it up. It does sound intriguing though. Wasn't there an Extra Credit vid that also argued that?

Edit: Also, is this another We Wuz Kangz situation?
Last edited by SoLong on May 17th, 2024, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Triple nothing burger with extra nada and a large cup of sweet fuck all.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

SoLong wrote: May 17th, 2024, 20:19
There's a father and son orc in the same picture so this theory of yours needs to more proof to back it up.
That's exactly the point though. It's the same sort of cope and attempted social engineering that they do irl in advertisements, movies etc with black people. "Those orcs blacks don't deal with mass parental abandonment look at all these ads with affluent supportive black fathers buying security systems to keep out those white burglars" type of stuff. They've internalized the fact that orcs are dark skinned violent savages just like black people but they've reframed that through their own "muh poor oppressed minorities" lens so they apply that same sort of racial cope to them.
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Vergil wrote: May 17th, 2024, 20:28
That's exactly the point though. It's the same sort of cope and attempted social engineering that they do irl in advertisements, movies etc with black people. "Those orcs blacks don't deal with mass parental abandonment look at all these ads with affluent supportive black fathers buying security systems to keep out those white burglars" type of stuff. They've internalized the fact that orcs are dark skinned violent savages just like black people but they've reframed that through their own "muh poor oppressed minorities" lens so they apply that same sort of racial cope to them.
Oh god this makes so much sense and I hate it.

Post by 1998 »

Kickstarter is going live today/tomorrow.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/on ... rd-realms/

They got 6,265 followers, don't know how that compares to other recent KS though
Last edited by 1998 on May 30th, 2024, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Can't wait for it to make 45 dollars and then the kickstarter chargeback scammer bumps it up last minute.

Post by 1998 »

I don't know. Could be successful, they passed 100k Wishlist on Steam a couple of months ago.

I just find the whole concept fascinating, about 12-13 years late. In 2012 they could have broken records with it.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

"sloth" seems to define this entire project.

Post by 1998 »

Live, 500K goal and est. delivery Dec 2025

What happened with cringy pitch videos? Not a thing anymore?

I understand that they are not showing this gameplay video on Kickstarter, but why even upload it on YouTube if they currently can't even achieve a stable 15FPS. Looks absolute garbage

Last edited by 1998 on May 30th, 2024, 16:17, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

tl;dw

is it just procgen slop?

Post by 1998 »

They basically just show one quest with the usual CHOICES, combat, stealth, magic. It's about as impressive as you imagine.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Looks like every single other bit of Unity/Unreal my first game kickstarter slop.

Post by 1998 »

Now the video is also on Kickstarter. Guess they just forgot it at first :D
The Wayward Realms offers a massive, procedurally-generated world with plenty of variety in the environments and locales.
Perhaps the most exciting feature we are working on, the Virtual Game Master—or VGM—is a system designed to bring roleplaying to the next level. Brought to life using the latest in machine learning technology, the VGM is meant to tailor a player’s gameplay experience to their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their preferences and choices.
Last edited by 1998 on May 30th, 2024, 16:30, edited 2 times in total.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Already US$62k.

Either people have problems understanding patterns or are so desperate for a good game that are willing to gamble in a tinny chance of success...

edit :

Last edited by WaterMage on May 30th, 2024, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

The kino mixture of unstable framerate and arma 2 tier headbob gets me fully immersed.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

US$ 131,397

OMG. This in the first day. How much do you guys think that they will reach?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Got to admit I'm impressed. Their social media engagement seemed really fucking abysmal so I expected it to flop right out of the gate. Assuming a decent chunk of this money isn't pre-existing budget being put onto the kickstarter and private backers etc.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

The real advertising for this game was actually making it look like people were willing to give 500k to support this game.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Vergil wrote: May 30th, 2024, 20:35
Assuming a decent chunk of this money isn't pre-existing budget being put onto the kickstarter and private backers etc.
The average money spent per backer is less than US$100. Is 99.0436046512 to be exactly(136284/1376 with the CURRENT information), no one backed deity tier(yet),

So I think that there is a serious demand for Daggerfall style RPGs. Mainly after the dumpster fire that starfield was and that Avowed will probably be. TES VI will probably sucks too.
Last edited by WaterMage on May 30th, 2024, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Maybe the zoomers who pretend to like Daggerfall will pump this up a bit. Has anyone made a 9 hour retrospective about how Daggerfall is an underrated spine tingling genre defining classic yet?
Rigwort

Post by Rigwort »

Those first three clips in sequence are hilarious. It went from, "oh hey, this doesn't look so bad" to "oh dear, looks like movement needs some work, but otherwise to this is good" to "Oh, this just looks like Babby's first Unreal game". That poor skeleton... :lol:
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

This has officially been shilled by MCA. Situation is slowly getting out of control.

Just like Yves, I chase tales
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I guess game devs exiled from the industry and desperate to hold onto their relevance gotta stick together.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Is so sad that even after proven innocent, MCA still canceled and in his place, a lot of "sweet babies" got hired in his place... This is unironically worse than stalin purges. Under stalin purges, you where considered guilty till proven innocent. For baizuo inquisition, you are guilty even after proven innocent.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

WaterMage wrote: May 30th, 2024, 21:59
This is unironically worse than stalin purges.
Can't believe they shot Avellone and let Beria molest his young family members. :sad:

Post by 1998 »

WaterMage wrote: May 30th, 2024, 20:30
US$ 131,397

OMG. This in the first day. How much do you guys think that they will reach?
It will significantly slow down after 2 days. If you are not reaching something like 30% of your goal within the first 2 days, you will have a hard time reaching the goal. I would guess maybe in the 700-800 range. One other issue that might hold them back a bit are their shitty back rewards. I don't think I have ever seen non-progressive once. (from the 130$ Tier onwards). So for 10,000USD, you get everything from the $130 tier, and some gangbang with the team. You are not getting to design an NPC, Item etc.

Plus no physical big box copy, lots of added rewards are just shitty PDFs.
Last edited by 1998 on May 31st, 2024, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

It begins...

Rand

Post by Rand »

Already 18 morons at the $1000 tier and 15 at the $2000 one.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Good to see that Realms Beyond is making a comeback!

Ohh....
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal