Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

No Alphabets 4.5.2 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Cedia

Post by Cedia »

When I have the Lingo file installed, my hard drive spins up hard when I play the game. Is this just the files loading or does this signify a compatibility issue? I have the Ascendant Dragon Monk class mod installed, other than that just character customization mods.

Tags:
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

TrangLe wrote: May 9th, 2024, 08:51
ArcaneLurker wrote: May 8th, 2024, 16:21
TrangLe wrote: May 8th, 2024, 09:21
Just curious, if you guys are not fans of Kpop/Chinese Wuxia faces, do you think this style is okay/lore friendly and pretty enough?

There is a hint of a monolid but sometimes Europeans have this too. Looks like they have a small brow ridge, wide cheekbones, shallow set eyes, and low nasal bridge, which are East Asian features, so they end up looking mixed. The size of lips here are also more common in East Asians. Not a bad job though.
The monolid thing is actually due to skin texture. I will try to address the nose and brow issues, but for the lips, can you be more specific? I suppose fuller lips look more attractive and youthful?
You've managed to pick out the two least important parts :salute:
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Cedia wrote: May 9th, 2024, 18:41
When I have the Lingo file installed, my hard drive spins up hard when I play the game. Is this just the files loading or does this signify a compatibility issue? I have the Ascendant Dragon Monk class mod installed, other than that just character customization mods.
It's not a compatibility issue. I can tell you that much. Are you using the loose file version? All I did is specify NoAlphabets as a new language. It doesn't do any spagetti code jiggery pockery.

If you are using pak version its the same. It's the same english language file, but with some text different.

I can't speak for the health of your hard drive though.
Last edited by orinEsque on May 9th, 2024, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Cedia

Post by Cedia »

orinEsque wrote: May 9th, 2024, 22:41
It's not a compatibility issue. I can tell you that much. Are you using the loose file version? All I did is specify NoAlphabets as a new language. It doesn't do any spagetti code jiggery pockery.

If you are using pak version its the same. It's the same english language file, but with some text different.

It's weird, when I validate the files through Steam, it will replace the language file and then no spinning.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Have you considered an SSD?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Cedia wrote: May 10th, 2024, 00:24
orinEsque wrote: May 9th, 2024, 22:41

It's weird, when I validate the files through Steam, it will replace the language file and then no spinning.
Use the PAK version from under Translator's Resources. Maybe it'll help.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Cedia

Post by Cedia »

It's definitely better with the PAK version. What's the difference?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Cedia wrote: May 10th, 2024, 01:42
It's definitely better with the PAK version. What's the difference?
well funnily enough the pak version is much bigger file and has every text in game.

The loose files version has only the few hundred lines I changed. And there's language.lsx telling your game that NoAlphabets is a new language, and to treat it like one. It works exactly as if you had a french translation installed for example.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

I appreciate you guys making this. Like most people here, I didn't mind a few gay characters or romances, but the game went far beyond realistic amounts. It just became a bit much, to the point where I counted and found it to be nearly 50% gay. In a world as dangerous as Faerun, you can't have fifty percent of the population not having children. The true threat isn't the elder brain; it's depopulation.

If you ever decide to give it a try, I would love to see a female Aylin and a male Isobel. While I was playing it, I was wondering why they didn't do that initially. It fits the "subversion" trope that the developers love but we could still have Aylin's acting (which I personally didn't have an issue with).

But regardless, having male Aylin is great. I agree that we women didn't get to have any physically strong male characters who are actually loyal, so it's nice to see that. Keep up the good work.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

destinyhntr wrote: May 11th, 2024, 05:38
I appreciate you guys making this. Like most people here, I didn't mind a few gay characters or romances, but the game went far beyond realistic amounts. It just became a bit much, to the point where I counted and found it to be nearly 50% gay. In a world as dangerous as Faerun, you can't have fifty percent of the population not having children. The true threat isn't the elder brain; it's depopulation.

If you ever decide to give it a try, I would love to see a female Aylin and a male Isobel. While I was playing it, I was wondering why they didn't do that initially. It fits the "subversion" trope that the developers love but we could still have Aylin's acting (which I personally didn't have an issue with).

But regardless, having male Aylin is great. I agree that we women didn't get to have any physically strong male characters who are actually loyal, so it's nice to see that. Keep up the good work.
Welcome! Yeah I would never have bothered with No Alphabets if its was just a few. As it is... you can't make a turn in act 3 without running into lgbtq.
Last edited by orinEsque on May 11th, 2024, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

destinyhntr wrote: May 11th, 2024, 05:38
If you ever decide to give it a try, I would love to see a female Aylin and a male Isobel. While I was playing it, I was wondering why they didn't do that initially.
Because then they would have one less gay couple in the game, which their ESG overlords would've been very upset about.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

One thing I noticed was the devs seemed afraid to make the gay couples struggle in their relationship. Only straight couples seemed to have issues (the abusive husband in the underdark, the couple fighting in the tavern, Mayrina's dead lover, Gortash's parents, the dad in the Mermaid forcing his lesbian daughter into a straight marriage). It felt like they were scared of portraying lgbt relationships as anything but perfect, which doesn't really work when they make up such a huge population in the game. The only healthy straight couples I remember were the cute tiefling one and Shadowheart's parents.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

destinyhntr wrote: May 13th, 2024, 02:42
One thing I noticed was the devs seemed afraid to make the gay couples struggle in their relationship...
They are not "afraid", that is their direct message: if you "traditional", "straight", "normal" in your sex preferences and relationship then you never be happy, you will always suffer, straight not allowed to be happy, only gays and trannys can be happy.

I hope you didn't pay for this.
destinyhntr

Post by destinyhntr »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: May 13th, 2024, 18:08
destinyhntr wrote: May 13th, 2024, 02:42
One thing I noticed was the devs seemed afraid to make the gay couples struggle in their relationship...
They are not "afraid", that is their direct message: if you "traditional", "straight", "normal" in your sex preferences and relationship then you never be happy, you will always suffer, straight not allowed to be happy, only gays and trannys can be happy.

I hope you didn't pay for this.
I did. Frankly, I'm not quite as extreme as some of the people in this comment section. I can appreciate the game for what it did right (good story, gameplay, and letting women date actual male characters who actually look human). However, I will be thinking twice about buying their future games.
geftsu

Post by geftsu »

Thank you so much for creating this. While I'm really annoyed by the forceful inclusion of woke ideology into every single modern game, games can still be enjoyable and not bother me too much if the core gameplay or plot are really good. I also like Larian, DOS2 and really like this game, but holy hell that act 3 actually made me frustrated. I felt like I'm in California, rather than on the Sword Coast.

On a sidenote, I'm also not a /pol/ack level of reactionary myself. For example, back in the days before corporate sanitization of the internet and social media, me and many internet shitlords like me used to laugh at Christians and ridicule them. In retrospect, I don't think that we did that because anybody felt particular disdain towards Christianity itself, it was mostly about the way that a particular brand of people were imposing themselves on everyone in an extremely obnoxious way and acting like the fun police. Woke cult of today in many ways is not too dissimilar to puritans, but unfortunately they have a lot more money and influence than the religious nuts of yesteryear.
Subversion of traditional tropes and archetypes can be done in an intelligent and thought-provoking way, I'm sure of it. But these days subversion is a must in every piece of modern media. Nothing can be a simple story about a virtuous person overcoming internal and external struggles following a desire to do good, a classic love story or some variant of a Hero's Journey. It's like there is a divine mandate for every single story produced to feature some type of subversion no matter how forced, senseless or poorly-written. It's annoying, disingenuous and doesn't resonate with anyone, except people who only care about whether the story spreads the correct memes, rather than if the story is actually good.
Last edited by geftsu on May 20th, 2024, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

geftsu wrote: May 20th, 2024, 13:46
In retrospect, I don't think that we did that because anybody felt particular disdain towards Christianity itself, it was mostly about the way that a particular brand of people were imposing themselves on everyone in an extremely obnoxious way and acting like the fun police. Woke cult of today in many ways is not too dissimilar to puritans, but unfortunately they have a lot more money and influence than the religious nuts of yesteryear.
I'm too busy right now to right an essay to explain myself, but I blame you and people like you for the state of affairs today. We're all getting exactly what we deserve. God is good.
geftsu

Post by geftsu »

OnTilt wrote: May 20th, 2024, 14:34
I'm too busy right now to right an essay to explain myself, but I blame you and people like you for the state of affairs today. We're all getting exactly what we deserve. God is good.
Heard that a lot, but I don't share the sentiment and have no regrets. But if you ever find the time and energy to explain what you think, I wouldn't mind hearing it.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

geftsu wrote: May 20th, 2024, 13:46
Thank you so much for creating this. While I'm really annoyed by the forceful inclusion of woke ideology into every single modern game, games can still be enjoyable and not bother me too much if the core gameplay or plot are really good. I also like Larian, DOS2 and really like this game, but holy hell that act 3 actually made me frustrated. I felt like I'm in California, rather than on the Sword Coast.

On a sidenote, I'm also not a /pol/ack level of reactionary myself. For example, back in the days before corporate sanitization of the internet and social media, me and many internet shitlords like me used to laugh at Christians and ridicule them. In retrospect, I don't think that we did that because anybody felt particular disdain towards Christianity itself, it was mostly about the way that a particular brand of people were imposing themselves on everyone in an extremely obnoxious way and acting like the fun police. Woke cult of today in many ways is not too dissimilar to puritans, but unfortunately they have a lot more money and influence than the religious nuts of yesteryear.
Subversion of traditional tropes and archetypes can be done in an intelligent and thought-provoking way, I'm sure of it. But these days subversion is a must in every piece of modern media. Nothing can be a simple story about a virtuous person overcoming internal and external struggles following a desire to do good, a classic love story or some variant of a Hero's Journey. It's like there is a divine mandate for every single story produced to feature some type of subversion no matter how forced, senseless or poorly-written. It's annoying, disingenuous and doesn't resonate with anyone, except people who only care about whether the story spreads the correct memes, rather than if the story is actually good.
Woke basically made me realise atheism is not for the masses. These people who are woke right now would be the fanatic, overbearing, Bible thumpers of yesteryear. They are so weak minded/ failures in life that religion is the only thing that gives them meaning in life. They would exercise control over you with Christianity and revel in their false sense of power. Remove the power of traditional religion from them and they will seek another religion. Just So happens they jumped from Christianity to woke cult.
Last edited by orinEsque on May 20th, 2024, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

fanatic, overbearing, Bible thumpers of yesteryear
That's far better than being a woke
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Anon wrote: May 20th, 2024, 16:07
fanatic, overbearing, Bible thumpers of yesteryear
That's far better than being a woke
Exchange one tyrant for another. At least my kids have a chance to reproduce with one of the options.
geftsu

Post by geftsu »

orinEsque wrote: May 20th, 2024, 15:46
They would exercise control over you with Christianity and revel in their false sense of power.
I suspect that one of the reasons why I don't have the illusion that "if only we made the entire society unquestionably bow down to puritans, everything would be dandy" is because I'm not American, but live in Russia. Granted, Russia is not a society that is driven by religion in any significant way (even though church has some influence and there is a segment of population who are religious loons), still every time I hear a Western reactionary salivate over how cool fascism is or how based my country (or Hungary) is, I actually want to punch them in their stupid face. I'm not down to embrace tyranny just to "trigger the libs, own the libs".
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

honka honka Luna Lovegood awooga
Diacosmesis

Post by Diacosmesis »

Can't play the game without your mod. Thank you !
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

geftsu wrote: May 21st, 2024, 05:20
orinEsque wrote: May 20th, 2024, 15:46
They would exercise control over you with Christianity and revel in their false sense of power.
I suspect that one of the reasons why I don't have the illusion that "if only we made the entire society unquestionably bow down to puritans, everything would be dandy" is because I'm not American, but live in Russia. Granted, Russia is not a society that is driven by religion in any significant way (even though church has some influence and there is a segment of population who are religious loons), still every time I hear a Western reactionary salivate over how cool fascism is or how based my country (or Hungary) is, I actually want to punch them in their stupid face. I'm not down to embrace tyranny just to "trigger the libs, own the libs".
People [vast majority] need to fill the hole that religion leaves with something else. Weaken religion, and without a doubt you will get woke in some form. mankind can't have nice things. Weak and stupid people need a perceived higher authority to tell them not to chop their balls off.
Last edited by orinEsque on May 21st, 2024, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

orinEsque wrote: May 21st, 2024, 11:16
People [vast majority] need to fill the hole that religion leaves with something else. Weaken religion, and without a doubt you will get woke in some form. mankind can't have nice things. Weak and stupid people need a perceived higher authority to tell them not to chop their balls off.
You don't even have to go that far. Humans just like structure and order. The idiotic post-modern "Everything's relative hurr durr" garbage just gave everyone the justification they needed to come up with whatever nonsense that suits them personally. All of which results in a patchwork society that's coming apart at the seams whenever someone's ideas collide with reality. Which is all the goddamn time.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Manny V wrote: May 21st, 2024, 05:58
honka honka Luna Lovegood awooga
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BobT on May 21st, 2024, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
JauSeth

Post by JauSeth »

Just registered, and I wanna say thank you very much for a mod like this, at least now the game can be somewhat tolerable to play.

Keep up the good work!
Nyxxit

Post by Nyxxit »

Help, I'm new to mods and I've been thinking about buying BH3 except hearing about all the woke, gay, lgbq crap in it. If I download this and install it, will it remove all that crap and let me enjoy the game for what a game should be......free of woke political and gay bs!"

All the faggotry is the reason I haven't gotten BG3 yet. This thing here gives me hope I can. Also will it work on Mac version of the game. I have an imac M3 series.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Nyxxit wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 03:12
Help, I'm new to mods and I've been thinking about buying BH3 except hearing about all the woke, gay, lgbq crap in it. If I download this and install it, will it remove all that crap and let me enjoy the game for what a game should be......free of woke political and gay bs!"

All the faggotry is the reason I haven't gotten BG3 yet. This thing here gives me hope I can. Also will it work on Mac version of the game. I have an imac M3 series.
You need a few other mods. But it will remove most of the crap in the game. Can't save the writing tho
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Nyxxit wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 03:12
Please pirate the game if you decide to play it. Mods may salvage it, but the devs shouldn't be rewarded for making a game so pozzed it had to be saved by mods.