We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
RPGHQ HAS BEEN TARGETED BY GLOBALISTS! WE'VE BEEN DEPLATFORMED! DON'T LET THEM TURN THE FROGS GAY!!

HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Character creator and polymorph deblacker 1.2.1 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Ty6

Character creator and polymorph deblacker 1.2.1 — Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Ty6 »

Overview
Makes the default human in the Character Creator (along with the human polymorph shape) like the Daisy/Dream Guardian human default and hopefully more sword-coast appropriate. This is my first mod so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Changelog
► Show Spoiler

Credits
  • I used Padme4000's NPC as Tav mod as a guide so a big thanks to them.

My Other Mods
Last edited by WhiteShark on March 15th, 2024, 01:24, edited 12 times in total.

Tags:
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

Releasing a v1.1 soon. Turns out the mod affects the shapeshift human forms as well since they are shared with the CC defaults. I just override the portraits to remove the old model's pictures, although it does mean this mod now uses overrides.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

Nice, thank you @Ty6

If you want to keep going with those, here are some still needed presets fixes;

- male and female dwarf
- female gnome & gythianki pink hair
- female tiefling facial features

Does you'r change also apply to hirelings ?
Last edited by Tipfy on December 10th, 2023, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
Available mods can be found at MODHQ
Calumininium

Post by Calumininium »

Ty6 wrote: December 9th, 2023, 23:08
Makes the default human in the Character Creator (along with the human polymorph shape) like the Daisy/Dream Guardian human default and hopefully more sword-coast appropriate. This is my first mod so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

1.1 update - Added some new portraits for the human shapeshift forms since I didn't realize this mod affects the shapeshift forms as well.

I used Padme4000's NPC as Tav mod as a guide so a big thanks to them.

Instant download tysm
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Great mod thank you! Furthermore, I agree with all of Tipfy's remarks.
Also I would like to edit portraits in CC. Do you know where they are stored in the game files?
Last edited by lexo1000 on December 10th, 2023, 07:38, edited 2 times in total.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

@lexo1000 For karlach it was located in ;

- GustavDev\GUI\Assets\Portraits
- Gustav\GUI\Assets\Portraits

You may need to follow this path from Shared and SharedDev too. Not all of them are in all those places.
Last edited by Tipfy on December 10th, 2023, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

lexo1000 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 06:48
Also I would like to edit portraits in CC. Do you know where they are stored in the game files?
I believe the portraits are automatically updated every level-up, according to the modders on other threads.
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

You need to edit them, and the edit apply in game at a start of a new one, or when you level up / respec.

Edit, that is for the companions you mod, maybe the main character don't need, as Rand said?
Last edited by Tipfy on December 10th, 2023, 09:44, edited 2 times in total.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

No I meant the portraits in CC (character faces preset).
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

lexo1000 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 09:31
I meant the portraits in CC (character faces preset)
There is an awful lot of portrait in there, the CC may be there, if not then i do not know.

Edit, maybe search for a "Portraits" or "preset" folder where you have extracted the files with the research tool of explorer ?

Edit Edit, i missunderstood Rand above, i think he's right, the main character portrait "make" itself ?
Last edited by Tipfy on December 10th, 2023, 09:48, edited 4 times in total.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

Tipfy wrote: December 10th, 2023, 03:09
Nice, thank you @Ty6

If you want to keep going with those, here are some still needed presets fixes;

- male and female dwarf
- female gnome & gythianki pink hair
- female tiefling facial features

Does you'r change also apply to hirelings ?
Only does the human preset at present. I'll have a look at the others. I may do hirlings as well but as a separate mod.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

I'm a noob I just got all my info from here 😉viewtopic.php?t=1090-npc-modding-help-i ... r-s-gate-3
Tipfy

Post by Tipfy »

Well for a "noob" you do have provided us some quality here :)
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

Tipfy wrote: December 10th, 2023, 11:40
Well for a "noob" you do have provided us some quality here :)
:cool: Many thanks.

So I had a look at the other character presets you mentioned. I may change them at some point, but they don't bother me personally so I will focus on the hirelings first.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Love it!

I actually have a question: The Disguise Self spell draws on the default character creator looks right? Is it possible to make the spell turn you into yourself? I mean, make your current appearance the disguise self appearance?

I'd really love to use that shapeshift ring but the default dragonborn is just ugly. Also, I'd think that an illithid PC would want a disguise that looks like his pre-squid self.

I'd even settle for a way to make the standard dark urge look the default for dragonborn in the character creator.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

SoLong wrote: December 18th, 2023, 18:53
Love it!

I actually have a question: The Disguise Self spell draws on the default character creator looks right? Is it possible to make the spell turn you into yourself? I mean, make your current appearance the disguise self appearance?

I'd really love to use that shapeshift ring but the default dragonborn is just ugly. Also, I'd think that an illithid PC would want a disguise that looks like his pre-squid self.

I'd even settle for a way to make the standard dark urge look the default for dragonborn in the character creator.
Hmm, I don't know how to make your current appearance match the disguise I'm afraid. Might be possible but it's beyond my current knowledge.

You could probably make a mod to change the Dragonborn default though. I'll have a look at it if I come back to this mod in the future.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Rand wrote: December 10th, 2023, 08:16
I believe the portraits are automatically updated every level-up, according to the modders on other threads.
Only for you and your party. Things like one off polymorph, disguise etc will require you to replace portraits. I've written all the locations where portraits can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=33136

Question: Do you plan to do something about the awful and lazy doppleganger in Shar's temple? I was thinking changing skin color to a drow-like ash color and cover the face with a mask and hood could work, so it looks like a shadow rather than just a black woman/man.

p.s. I was worried about compatibility with No Alphabets CCreator, but thankfully there is no clash! You can have both.
Last edited by orinEsque on December 19th, 2023, 11:04, edited 6 times in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

orinEsque wrote: December 19th, 2023, 08:38
Only for you and your party. Things like one off polymorph, disguise etc will require you to replace portraits. I've written all the locations where portraits can be found here:
viewtopic.php?p=33136

Question: Do you plan to do something about the awful and lazy doppleganger in Shar's temple? I was thinking changing skin color to a drow-like ash color and cover the face with a mask and hood could work, so it looks like a shadow rather than just a black woman/man.

p.s. I was worried about compatibility with No Alphabets CCreator, but thankfully there is no clash! You can have both.
How do you trigger that quest? I've heard about it but never been able to find it.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Ty6 wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:41

viewtopic.php?p=33136

How do you trigger that quest? I've heard about it but never been able to find it.
He's in Shar's temple, in one of the rooms past Viconia. If you never saw him, you likely have SniperChris' Better Baldur's Aesthetics. He removed Nocturne completely. If you want to prevent that, use my or Albert's version. Chris has linked it on his post now.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

orinEsque wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:43

viewtopic.php?p=33136

He's in Shar's temple, in one of the rooms past Viconia. If you never saw him, you likely have SniperChris' Better Baldur's Aesthetics. He removed Nocturne completely. If you want to prevent that, use my or Albert's version. Chris has linked it on his post now.
I've actually got the whiter version, but I usually save nightsong so the Sharrans just get massacred when I go there.

Haven't even seen Nocturne is a playthrough yet.
Last edited by Ty6 on December 19th, 2023, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Ty6 wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:46

I've actually got the whiter version, but I usually save nightsong so the Sharrans just get massacred when I go there.

Wait what does nightsong have to do with sharran massacre? I sent Shadowheart to camp before talking to Viconia. After parlaying and passing some checks I went to talk to Nocturne. You can literally go back to camp right there to bring shadowheart back. That will give you all the dialog and also ability to buy from him.

Viconia was always my cleric in BG1 and 2. No way I'm killing her!
Last edited by orinEsque on December 19th, 2023, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

orinEsque wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:49

Wait what does nightsong have to do with sharran massacre? I sent Shadowheart to camp before talking to Viconia. After parlaying and passing some checks I went to talk to Nocturne. You can literally go back to camp right there to bring shadowheart back. That will give you all the dialog and also ability to buy from him.

Viconia was always my cleric in BG1 and 2. No way I'm killing her!
Ah my bad, I always bring Shadowheart straight to the temple and just plow trough into fithing them. Still much to discover.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

OH! if you were talking about the doppleganger, you fight him during the Dark Justiciar trials in Sharran Temple during Act 2. Surely you've seen your doppleganger?
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

orinEsque wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:52

OH! if you were talking about the doppleganger, you fight him during the Dark Justiciar trials in Sharran Temple during Act 2. Surely you've seen your doppleganger?
Ah, you meant the combat trial in the gauntlet. Until I made my deblacker CC mod, I didn't play humans and my human characters haven't reached Act 2 yet. Is the 'black' doppelganger just for human Tavs?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Ty6 wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:55
orinEsque wrote: December 19th, 2023, 14:52

Ah, you meant the combat trial in the gauntlet. Until I made my deblacker CC mod, I didn't play humans and my human characters haven't reached Act 2 yet. Is the 'black' doppelganger just for human Tavs?
looks to be. maybe elves/ dwarves as well. I don't know
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Can you perhaps include gender specific genitals? Currently its a bit randomised.
Ty6

Post by Ty6 »

orinEsque wrote: December 19th, 2023, 16:12
Can you perhaps include gender specific genitals? Currently its a bit randomised.
Don't know enough to do so atm. Literally, all I did for this mod was override portraits and copy and paste dream guardians CC template data onto the human ones. It's all kind of a hack/cheat. I don't know how to find NPC properly in game files.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Looks like I'll have to write a guide.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Some Withers hireling options that don't look like they are headed to a pride parade might be a good addition to this mod.
Last edited by J1M on December 20th, 2023, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

J1M wrote: December 20th, 2023, 00:40
Some Withers hireling options that don't look like they are headed to a pride parade might be a good addition to this mod.
Lol i thought you replied to no alphabets with this. Was going to get it moved to support section, oops!!
Last edited by orinEsque on December 20th, 2023, 02:26, edited 2 times in total.