Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Dragon Age: Veilguard, Deadname Dreadwolf

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Cipher wrote: June 6th, 2024, 16:58
Before even looking at the posts in this thread:

No way its not going to be so woke it will make BG3 blush.

After reading the thread:

No fucking way its not going to be so woke it will make BG3 blush.
Typical Bioware dating sim confirmed.
Each of the seven uniquely queer characters that make up your companions will have deep and compelling otherness-focused storylines where the decisions you make will impact your relationships and sexual experiences with them – as well as their lives. You’ll unite this team of unforgettable gay heroes as you take on a terrifying new masculine threat unleashed on the world. Naturally, the Dread Wolf still has an important part in this tale, but you and your companions – not your chud enemies – are the heart of this new Pride-focused experience.

So, to capture what this game is all about, we changed the name as the original title didn’t show just how strongly we feel about our new heroes sucking and fucking each other, their stories and how you’ll need to bring them together to save all of Thedas.
We're horny and proudly introduce to you Dragon Age™: The Veilguard.
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

Acrux wrote: June 6th, 2024, 17:14
Typical Bioware dating sim confirmed.
I'm willing to bet my left nut and all hair on it that some BioWare devs are out there browsing LoversLab Skyrim mods for ideas on how to top the bear sex scene from BG3.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

It's releasing during PRIDE month so you know it's gonna have some bullshit thing in the trailer.

The most interesting take away for me was this:
After Dragon Age: Inquisition launched, the studio was given an incredible opportunity to explore, test, and validate a variety of gameplay concepts as we worked to determine what the next Dragon Age could look like. We brought everything to the table which, yes, even included a multiplayer concept.
Why... did they word it like that? "Yes, even a multiplayer concept" - are they admitting... people would hate it but they did it anyways?

DA:I was already a failed MMO-converted-to-shitty-singleplayer-game. I though they ran that experiment already?

The obvious answer is EA wants everything to be a Live Service milking machine but I dunno - it's weird to see Bioware not tow the corporate line full throated.
Last edited by Shillitron on June 6th, 2024, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
---
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Most of bioware probably thinks the success of BG3 was because of gay sex so it's going to be great when this flops.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 6th, 2024, 18:44
Most of bioware probably thinks the success of BG3 was because of gay sex so it's going to be great when this flops.
Even if Bioware realized the truth - I don't think they have the technical skillset to make anything else.

What was Bioware's last game even?? Andromeda? It's over.
---

Post by 1998 »

Shillitron wrote: June 6th, 2024, 18:41

After Dragon Age: Inquisition launched, the studio was given an incredible opportunity to explore, test, and validate a variety of gameplay concepts as we worked to determine what the next Dragon Age could look like.
All I want to know is who validated whatever purple nonsense they came up with...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: June 6th, 2024, 18:46
rusty_shackleford wrote: June 6th, 2024, 18:44
Even if Bioware realized the truth - I don't think they have the technical skillset to make anything else.

What was Bioware's last game even?? Andromeda? It's over.
Andromeda was just an EA studio with the Bioware brand, their last game was Anthem.
Which is why developers were attacking Larian — and yes, those were attacks.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on June 6th, 2024, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

Probably in plandemic era they thought people would submit and accept this satanic degeneracy and normalize it but situation backfired on them horribly since couple of years
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

God the entire premise just sounds like trash.

David Gaider is a hack but at least the idea of wardens and darkspawn was a simple idea and could sorta be contextualized in a gritty world where magic is controlled by templar gestapo.. It was serviceable but they keep upping the ante each game and now your like some veil guardian protecting the sp00ky ghost world or whatever fighting... gods???

What happened to being a dwarven lord who gets exiled over political rivalries and ends up killing not-orcs?

This sounds so shitty and boring. :sleepy:
---
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

It's releasing during PRIDE month so you know it's gonna have some bullshit thing in the trailer.

After Dragon Age: Inquisition launched, the studio was given an incredible opportunity to explore, test, and validate a variety of gameplay concepts as we worked to determine what the next Dragon Age could look like. We brought everything to the table which, yes, even included a multiplayer concept.
Why... did they word it like that? "Yes, even a multiplayer concept" - are they admitting... people would hate it but they did it anyways?

DA:I was already a failed MMO-converted-to-shitty-singleplayer-game. I though they ran that experiment already?

The obvious answer is EA wants everything to be a Live Service milking machine but I dunno - it's weird to see Bioware not tow the corporate line full throated.
the game went through development hell, they went back and forth on multiple concepts due to EA not knowing what the fuck it wanted to do with BioWare following the Anthem clusterfuck, and had multiple leads swapped with plenty more veteran developers leaving on their own as morale in the studio plummeted - this is basically just a sad attempt to rebrand that whole circus into 'incredible opportunity' which is akin to calling famine a weight loss program.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Literally nobody except tumblr legbeards gave a shit about solas or the elves. Even the dwarves were 10x more interesting.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on June 6th, 2024, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

nyxnyx wrote: June 6th, 2024, 18:55

the game went through development hell, they went back and forth on multiple concepts due to EA not knowing what the fuck it wanted to do with BioWare following the Anthem clusterfuck, and had multiple leads swapped with plenty more veteran developers leaving on their own as morale in the studio plummeted - this is basically just a sad attempt to rebrand that whole circus into 'incredible opportunity' which is akin to calling famine a weight loss program.
Oh 100%. The "We tried a million different ideas thanks to EA's amazing support" is code for "This has been a cluster fuck rotating door of teams that keep trying to start and stop on this game to get it out the door"

My only curiosity is why call out the "Multiplayer concept" at all?

There most optimistic reading is that fans were asking for it.
The most pessimistic reading is that some multiplayer version of the game leaked and they were trying to assure fans that it wasn't what this game was.

TBH I haven't been following this game because .. well.. isn't it obvious? Nobody gives a fuck, nobody follows this game. We are all just waiting for the next clown show to point and laugh at.
Last edited by Shillitron on June 6th, 2024, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
---
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: June 6th, 2024, 19:00

Oh 100%. The "We tried a million different ideas thanks to EA's amazing support" is code for "This has been a cluster fuck rotating door of teams that keep trying to start and stop on this game to get it out the door"

The most pessimistic reading is that some multiplayer version of the game leaked and they were trying to assure fans that it wasn't what this game was.

TBH I haven't been following this game because .. well.. isn't it obvious? Nobody gives a fuck, nobody follows this game. We are all just waiting for the next clown show to point and laugh at.
Still don't understand why EA has given them endless passes for behavior that got other studios shitcanned
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 6th, 2024, 19:05

Still don't understand why EA has given them endless passes for behavior that got other studios shitcanned
i think if they would make a poll what is the most woke gaming company, bioware would be on top and bethesda at second
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

gastovski wrote: June 6th, 2024, 19:20

i think if they would make a poll what is the most woke gaming company, bioware would be on top and bethesda at second
Bethesda really?
Shartfield is pretty bad but I think Ubisoft / Wokefinder devs still beat them out. Bethesda doesn't actually have writers so they can't write woke content.
---
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

yeah go back to morrowind check carefully all the woke stuff then check later games you will see signs all over (im not talking about lgbt only stuff)

Post by 1998 »

You misspelled Obsidian...
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Can't see this post? - Sign up to RPGHQ Gold.
---
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Good thread idea.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Shillitron wrote: June 6th, 2024, 19:27
Hidden Content

Why are your posts hidden behind the paypigwall?
Last edited by maidenhaver on June 6th, 2024, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
"Italians & Germans - they're white." rusty_shackleford
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

maidenhaver wrote: June 6th, 2024, 19:47
Shillitron wrote: June 6th, 2024, 19:27
Hidden Content

Why are your posts hidden behind the paypigwall?
More importantly, why does it not actually link to the donation page?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

You can get an HQ Gold Pass here btw https://www.patreon.com/RPGHQ
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Irenaeus wrote: May 20th, 2024, 15:33
KnightoftheWind wrote: May 19th, 2024, 09:55
George could easily do something else with all the money he has.
He's 80 years old.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Barts.html
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on June 6th, 2024, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

>two companion limit will be returning
Slop, DOA
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Obvious reason for two companions is it reduces the number of conditional reactions they have to consider and they're incompetent.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

They're in for a rude awakening in a post BG3 world.
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
Finarfin

Post by Finarfin »

Vergil wrote: June 6th, 2024, 20:21
Oh please, most of the time, your companions didn't even react. They only did that with mods.
Jews will call you an antisemite but never a liar.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

I wonder if the two-companion limit was introduced due to the roster shrinking compared to Inquisition and Origins. On the other hand, 2 had a small roster and it got along just fine allowing a party of four. Maybe they Mass Effect-ed the gameplay so much that a third companion would make the game too unbalanced, who knows. I do like Mass Effect's gameplay either way, and reintroducing the ability wheel seems like a step in the right direction, if nothing else.

As for the name, I'm genuinely glad they didn't stick with "Dreadwolf" for two reasons. 1) "Dread Wolf" is supposed to be two words, so it looks like a retarded, out-of-place modernism when they smush it together. 2) It's clear it was a ploy to appeal to the cringier fans to get them to call it "DAD" for short and drum up shallow hype for the game.

Lore-wise, I like the idea of the Veilguard, and I like that they won't be subtitling the game after the antagonist. Excusing 2 (which was supposed to be subtitled "Exodus" had it not supposedly been for EA's meddling), it irks me when naming conventions are inconsistent in a series. I don't like that they may be putting "The" in it, which is another inconsistency, but at least it can be ignored in abbreviation. I think my biggest gripe is that "Dragon Age: (The) Veilguard" really doesn't roll off the tongue well at all. :lol:
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Finarfin wrote: June 6th, 2024, 20:51
Vergil wrote: June 6th, 2024, 20:21
Oh please, most of the time, your companions didn't even react. They only did that with mods.
Not only that, but they reacted in a vacuum where NPCs weren't even aware they said anything 90% of the time. I could excuse that if they had the VAs deliver their asides in a whisper to indicate only the player should hear (players do that all the time in D&D), or via the mind connection that never gets used more than once, but they'll just blurt out things that would set off red flags for the NPCs with no consequence, lol. I know this game gets shit on here, but Outer Worlds unironically had much better reactivity to the companions, which is why I was so disappointed by BG3's shallow companion input.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 6th, 2024, 18:50
Andromeda was just an EA studio with the Bioware brand, their last game was Anthem.
Apparently the Dreadwolf team is in Austin Texas?

Did the Edmonton Team get fired? :scratch:
---