We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

COLONY SHIP

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
revenant

Post by revenant »

Sweeper wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:33
Boontaker wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:29
Sweeper wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:18

Regardless of the context in which it's given, this is good advice.

I ain't give a fuck about any other aspect of Colony Ship apart from the buildfaggotry and combat.
Are any of those good?
Combat is good, requires use of consumables for some of the harder fights. However...

Xp rewards are split amongst the party so playing Solo will net you thr most levels/skill xp. If you go this route you can become truly monstrous in combat, but it's not for the faint of heart.

It uses an action point system and has a talent that refunds AP on kill, with no cap. I'm sure you can imagine how this turns out eventually.
I was gonna say I'll end up getting it but uh
>38,99
for an indie title? Them Jews over at Iron Tower got me fucked up if they think I'm paying that many shekels for it.
It's on launch sale now, €29.24
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Started as a smooth talker with 10 CHA and Cult leader feat. Let the party members do all the hard work.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

revenant wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:49
It's on launch sale now, €29.24
I'll wait for 75% off.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

wndrbr wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:53
Started as a smooth talker with 10 CHA and Cult leader feat. Let the party members do all the hard work.
The captain talent is so busted, you can get evans to insane levels of reaction
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Sweeper wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:18

Regardless of the context in which it's given, this is good advice.

I ain't give a fuck about any other aspect of Colony Ship apart from the buildfaggotry and combat.
Are any of those good?
Combat is good, requires use of consumables for some of the harder fights. However...

Xp rewards are split amongst the party so playing Solo will net you thr most levels/skill xp. If you go this route you can become truly monstrous in combat, but it's not for the faint of heart.

It uses an action point system and has a talent that refunds AP on kill, with no cap. I'm sure you can imagine how this turns out eventually.
>38,99
for an indie title?
Why the distinction? Pozzed slop from major studios already raking in hundreds of millions can be sold for $70 as a matter of course, but a far superior game made by fewer people who could use the money more isn't worth half that price?
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

agentorange wrote: November 10th, 2023, 12:20

>38,99
for an indie title?
Why the distinction? Pozzed slop from major studios already raking in hundreds of millions can be sold for $70 as a matter of course, but a far superior game made by fewer people who could use the money more isn't worth half that price?
Well, I guess I could buy an indie game for 30 euros right now... Or I could work through the enormous backlog of games I already have while waiting for the price to drop to 75% of its original, cause I'm a savvy, Jewy consumer like that.
made by fewer people who could use the money more
this is a communist argument and I refuse to engage in communism.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Sweeper wrote: November 10th, 2023, 12:30

>38,99
for an indie title?
Well, I guess I could buy an indie game for 30 euros right now... Or I could work through the enormous backlog of games I already have while waiting for the price to drop to 75% of its original, cause I'm a savvy, Jewy consumer like that.
Yeah that fits, go play with your mountain of goyslop faggot. And don't post in my thread again.
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

agentorange wrote: November 10th, 2023, 12:34

Yeah that fits, go play with your mountain of goyslop faggot. And don't post in my thread again.
You sure? Sounds like your game needs all the shekels it can get right about now.
Vince ain't gonna be happy with a missed sale bro.
Last edited by Sweeper on November 10th, 2023, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Post end-game stats.
Mr.Wonderful

Post by Mr.Wonderful »

cat at
Last edited by Mr.Wonderful on November 10th, 2023, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Wonderful

Post by Mr.Wonderful »

Sweeper wrote: November 10th, 2023, 13:14
agentorange wrote: November 10th, 2023, 12:34

You sure? Sounds like your game needs all the shekels it can get right about now.
Vince ain't gonna be happy with a missed sale bro.
This one I don't get at all. I mean wtf, this game is selling better than Starfield on steam, it's among TOP SELLERS and is one of the most expensive ones. Thousands supporters on different forums that bought this game on GOG and then on steam full price. STILL NOT ENOUGH. What are they aiming at? To beat Counter Strike 2?
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

They're emotionally blackmailing their fans to get more money
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I hope you all are enjoying your puzzle game disguised as a visual novel disguised as an RPG.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Acrux wrote: November 10th, 2023, 20:26
I hope you all are enjoying your puzzle game disguised as a visual novel disguised as an RPG.
I'm enjoying it very much, thanks for asking. The release version vastly improved on the game's main weakness, the overall lack of "life" in the game world. Now there's unique music for every area and plenty of civilians where appropriate. Much more things to interact with as well. I'm still in act 1, but already I've seen a lot of differences from the EA version I played not that long ago.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Acrux wrote: November 10th, 2023, 20:26
The visual novel puzzle game that is so challenging most codexers had to use cheat-engine to get through it, yes. I only wish more CRPGs would disguise themselves as good games like this.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Imagine not playing as a hero.

Mr.Wonderful

Post by Mr.Wonderful »

Lhynn wrote: November 11th, 2023, 15:11
Imagine not playing as a hero.

UnderDog was pretty easy despite me going non combat character. Still managed to nuke most fights with other characters. Hero is probably CASUAL MODE
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Mr.Wonderful wrote: November 11th, 2023, 16:23
Hero is probably JOURNALIST MODE
Fixed that for you. However, even that might be too hard.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Hero mode is actual chad mode, under dog is beta. Hero is the guy your girfriend tells you not to worry about.

It always baffles me when difficulty bumps up the main character stats, in a genre thats about making numbers go up.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

>38,99
for an indie title?
Labor theory of value is bunk. Pricing your game too high will make you less money overall regardless of how much the devs "deserve" to be paid more. Regardless of how noble your intentions are, don't encourage devs to fall into that trap.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Sadly didn't have enough time to play this weekend. Only did a bunch of quests in the Pit, recruited the three starting companions, and explored a part of Mission control.

The initial text-heavy expositions were pretty off-putting - right off the bat you get War and Peace worth of text to read. AoD was way more elegant when it came to lore dumps, I hope it gets less clumsy after the first couple of areas.

Other than that the game is very good. My character does the talking and otherwise pretty useless, Evans acts as a sniper, Jed tanks all the damage, and Faythe dishes out the crits with a pistol.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: November 11th, 2023, 22:35
so when's the review @agentorange
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I don't like how every area has token npcs with "pickable pockets" so you can learn how to pickpocket, token goods that you can steal from the vendor's counter, etc. I pick every lock I encounter and I steal everything that's not nailed down - not because I'm larping as a kleptomaniac, but rather because I want to upgrade my skills. Feels very metagamey.

But I guess that's just a downside of "learn by use" system in a game with a strictly controlled environment. Such systems feel more organic in open world games.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Deck Verified Status
Unsupported

0/10
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

What the fuck even is this Steam Deck. It's like a Nintendo Switch for PC games? You need the latest little toy gizmo to play the game? Chomo shit.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Yep. Controller Support or bust. I am too old for this mouse & keyboard faggotry.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

wndrbr wrote: November 13th, 2023, 01:21
I don't like how every area has token npcs with "pickable pockets" so you can learn how to pickpocket, token goods that you can steal from the vendor's counter, etc. I pick every lock I encounter and I steal everything that's not nailed down - not because I'm larping as a kleptomaniac, but rather because I want to upgrade my skills. Feels very metagamey.

But I guess that's just a downside of "learn by use" system in a game with a strictly controlled environment. Such systems feel more organic in open world games.
Who thought learn by use was a good idea for these type of games? lmao.

I will kill every motherfucker I encounter, unless they can point me to a bigger group to kill. Why? Because its exp and if I dont kill I will be killed on the next difficulty increase.

You can somewhat diminish the need to murderhobo everything by playing on hero, but as an underdog you need to be a murdering psychopath with no conscience otherwise you are dead.
Last edited by Lhynn on November 13th, 2023, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Lhynn wrote: November 13th, 2023, 19:46

I will kill every motherfucker I encounter, unless they can point me to a bigger group to kill. Why? Because its exp and if I dont kill I will be killed on the next difficulty increase.

You can somewhat diminish the need to murderhobo everything by playing on hero, but as an underdog you need to be a murdering psychopath with no conscience otherwise you are dead.
COPE and SEETHE

I have been merciful and allowed 4 encounters to end peacefully in my underdog playthrough and I don't feel weak at all
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Boontaker wrote: November 13th, 2023, 21:35
Lhynn wrote: November 13th, 2023, 19:46

COPE and SEETHE

I have been merciful and allowed 4 encounters to end peacefully in my underdog playthrough and I don't feel weak at all
Shut up shill, or make an actual point. No matter what you say, whats actually happened is that youve put yourself behind thousands in combat effectiveness worth of exp worth and won nothing for it.