We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Unreal Engine 5 performance tax is very real

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

KnightoftheWind wrote: July 29th, 2023, 01:28
Yeah alright, keep lining Valve's pockets while you look up to them as heroes. They appreciate that.

That's not Valve, that's Qualtrics.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Yeah alright, keep lining Valve's pockets while you look up to them as heroes. They appreciate that.

Figures that the retard will link an image posted on Reddit. Said image isn't even Valve. You truly are the poster child for abortion because of your 65 IQ.

See due to child safety laws a retard like you survived. That makes you also the poster child for the repeal of child safety laws.
Last edited by MadPreacher on July 29th, 2023, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

In monetary value, Valve has given me far more than I've given them, so…
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

SEE THAT'S NOT VALVE THAT 'X' CORPORATION SEE IT'S NOT VALVE!.
Missing the point again, I see. I am saying this is what they want you to be, they want you to picture them as "heroes" or even a God-like entity that is benevolent and trusting. A corporation's goal is to keep you invested in their ecosystem, to get you coming back and giving them more money. Valve, the monopolistic coporation who doesn't care about it's customers one iota, is not a hero. They didn't "save" anything. Stop pretending they did.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I like to give my money to companies big or small that provide a service or good that I enjoy.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

KnightoftheWind wrote: July 29th, 2023, 01:35
I'm such a retard that I can't even form a coherent argument.
You are under the impression, retard, that we worship Valve. We don't. We just admit the facts and no amount of denial can change the historical facts.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

unreal engine is so bad. it can sometimes look near as good as crytek/frostbite but fuck the performance is horrible especially at cpu.
i always thought i will never need more than 4 cores, at least for desktop gaming shit, and unreal is only piece of shit trying to tell me wrong.
Last edited by Red7 on January 2nd, 2024, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

KnightoftheWind wrote: July 28th, 2023, 16:59
Ratcatcher wrote: July 28th, 2023, 16:57
Nah, you didn't answer my question about your age. It's very important. Anyone alive in that timeframe, consuming this media, can back my words. It doesn't make sense to you because you start from a false premise and ignore a whole set of data.

Face it. PC gaming was on the brink of death. No one wanted to sell PC games before valve stood up. At least look it up or ask around first, it's not like I'm the only old geezer here.
I think you're peddling nonsense, and you can't be over the age of 25 at best. Nobody liked Steam back then, it was an inconvenience and was ugly as sin. I stand by that and everything I stated previously.
Steam is still ugly with a bad user interface. The masses complained about steam when it launched because they didn't understand it and it was popular to complain. There might be someone like that hanging out in your bathroom. Now they like it because they see it keeps their games updated and helps them find new ones.

But please tell me about the thriving indie PC game industry before Steam. Would love to hear some tales about how easy it was to work with Walmart or payment processors.
Last edited by J1M on January 3rd, 2024, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.