Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

White Allandra Grey 2.2.0.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 15:47
orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 15:28
ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 14:43

Well, let's take this Allandra one for example, that mod already has a merged file with it. So would I need to redo it after changing the head model?
Technically, there shouldn't be mouth movement issues if you simply reference the visualBank ID for Allandra in the charactervisuals file. Is that not the case?
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=posts
Ah, balls, of course this doesn't have a merged file. Brain fart.
Although it wasn't animation issues, it just didn't appear to work in game at all after turning it into a PAK file, so I assumed it must be being overwritten.

I'm probably at fault for confusing you but I haven't had problems with the Allandra one, since I've not tested the change, I was just using it as an example. It should be fine... except...
The only animation issues I've had with swapping the companion heads is that the animations are still made for the previous head model, so sometimes even small changes may look odd.
Also the piercings/ beards won't snap to the correct areas. In reaction to that, I moved the skeleton bones/ nodes, like moving the nostril bones to realign with the actual nostrils, and that seemed to help for animations, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to do that... I haven't moved the bones in the Allandra edit I posted.

I thought @lexo1000 created a Merged file with UUIds though, right?
I think lexo is just overwriting the GR2 files, since she is editing original heads instead of replacing them.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR

Tags:
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Correct!
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:08
orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 15:28

Technically, there shouldn't be mouth movement issues if you simply reference the visualBank ID for Allandra in the charactervisuals file. Is that not the case?
Although it wasn't animation issues, it just didn't appear to work in game at all after turning it into a PAK file, so I assumed it must be being overwritten.

I'm probably at fault for confusing you but I haven't had problems with the Allandra one, since I've not tested the change, I was just using it as an example. It should be fine... except...
The only animation issues I've had with swapping the companion heads is that the animations are still made for the previous head model, so sometimes even small changes may look odd.
Also the piercings/ beards won't snap to the correct areas. In reaction to that, I moved the skeleton bones/ nodes, like moving the nostril bones to realign with the actual nostrils, and that seemed to help for animations, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to do that... I haven't moved the bones in the Allandra edit I posted.

I think lexo is just overwriting the GR2 files, since she is editing original heads instead of replacing them.
Okay... uh...
Right... :?

That should also be the case with the mod I posted then (the elf one on nexus), right?
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 26th, 2024, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:17

Okay... uh...

That should also be the case with the mod I posted then, right?
Technically yes, and I think OP already incorporated the change? :scratch:
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:18

Okay... uh...

Alright, alright... I know you're a busy lady.
I'm just trying to work out why I had issues editing the player heads slightly.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:20

Okay... uh...

the beards and so on are pretty much stuck in place and that's why you can't move chin too far from the beard hair... hope that helps.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:41

the beards and so on are pretty much stuck in place and that's why you can't move chin too far from the beard hair... hope that helps.
They're auto-snapping though, right? So it's to do with the face bones?
Although that was the other issue :lol: It's okay! I'll just try to find working mods that edit the player heads and compare.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 26th, 2024, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:44
orinEsque wrote: February 26th, 2024, 16:41

They're auto-snapping though, right? So it's to do with the face bones?
Yep they are. I am not experienced enough in blender to play with the armature yet.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Hello !

Allandra update available with her original and modified tattoo !

I have a version without tattoos, I'll publish it soon.

Last edited by Makirige on March 12th, 2024, 20:40, edited 2 times in total.
Thou must returneth whence thou came. This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind, but thou dost not belong. I beg of thee, plunge down from the plank, and hurry home.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

Any chance of a version that maintains the speckles and scales around/on the mouth and on the face? As much as I think it more appropriate to have her white, I think she loses a lot of character without that marring.
Hi, my name is Tovi.
All journos must hang.
Join the RPG Codex Official™ Discord Server
MCA, much like Adolf Hitler, did nothing wrong.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Luckmann wrote: March 12th, 2024, 17:07
Any chance of a version that maintains the speckles and scales around/on the mouth and on the face? As much as I think it more appropriate to have her white, I think she loses a lot of character without that marring.
I didn't like the full version with the tattoo, so I changed it

But of course, I can propose this version, I'll take care of it, I'll quote you when it's done ! I'll look at it in the next few hours
Thou must returneth whence thou came. This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind, but thou dost not belong. I beg of thee, plunge down from the plank, and hurry home.
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Luckmann wrote: March 12th, 2024, 17:07
I made a version with the full makeup, as it was originally, and it's available :) let me know if that suits for you!
I can lower the opacity to make it less saturated if you prefer
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Hello again ! I promise I'm done for the day.

Versions without and full makeup optionally available !

Let me know if you have any other suggestions

ImageImage

Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:49
I want @orinEsque to keep making mods, and she CLEARLY runs on compliments and respect, so it's only good policy to do so when appropriate.
She doesn't link a compliment box in her signature - she links her pajeetpal account. :smug:
Last edited by Shillitron on March 27th, 2024, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.
---
Makirige

Post by Makirige »

Portrait added

Let me know if you have any other suggestions !

atgblue1st

Post by atgblue1st »

orinEsque wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:28
Good job, Makirige! Nice to see more modders choosing HQ.
Rand wrote: February 25th, 2024, 23:19

What exactly are you disagreeing with @rusty_shackleford ?
Offtopic: Maybe he thinks I'm a 500 pound man called Steve? (also I won't take offence if you misgender me, I'm happy enough with the credit :D)

Lol! This forum is proving awesome!

Now I'm confused what's allowed and what's not ( coming from reddit ).

So um. . . I don't know if I can even ask lol.

I can't imagine a guy identifying as female would make the no-alphabets mod, much less be active on here from the posts I've seen.

But it's equally rare for a girl to be so into coding and games lol

Whichever way it is. . . Mind. Blown. 🤯
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

atgblue1st wrote: April 10th, 2024, 16:30

Offtopic: Maybe he thinks I'm a 500 pound man called Steve? (also I won't take offence if you misgender me, I'm happy enough with the credit :D)

I can't imagine a guy identifying as female would make the no-alphabets mod, much less be active on here from the posts I've seen.

This teeny weeny incel shit is definitely not allowed here crawl back to the right wing cesspool you came from.
As soon as they like you, make 'em unlike you.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Also rare for a girl to admit they hate niggers. :salute:
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on April 10th, 2024, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Wait till you learn a gay guy helped with the NoAlphabets mod :read:
Also, yeah, quite the territory you wandered to from reddit. This is not your normie's forum :smug:
It's just my opinion, not the absolute truth

"Why don't you put that in your signature instead of having to type it every week?"
~Dead about me being gay

"Read his signature, he's gay"
~Dead
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

You can say whatever you want. If someone doesn't like it, they'll say it. Such is the way of the free speech forum.
We are rare. But we exist.

p.s. good luck surviving the anti-reddit horde :lol:
Last edited by orinEsque on April 10th, 2024, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

rules are at the top, guess I need to figure out a way to make that stuff more prominent
viewtopic.php?p=13030-hq-s-rules-guarantees
atgblue1st

Post by atgblue1st »

[/quote]
This teeny weeny incel shit is definitely not allowed here crawl back to the right wing cesspool you came from.
[/quote]

Explain like I'm michael scott

Sarcasm, yes?

[/quote]
rules are at the top, guess I need to figure out a way to make that stuff more prominent
[/quote]

Sorry, I did read the rules first! And even a certain thing that I can't make mention of. ( Not mentioning the thing, just saying there is a thing I can't make mention of!).

Freedom takes some getting used to lol.

Now vergil, that's the response I usually get in the world. I'll assume it's sarcasm lol.
Anon

Post by Anon »

You're either 12 or 60 years old
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

atgblue1st wrote: April 10th, 2024, 17:42

Sarcasm, yes?

Sorry, I did read the rules first! And even a certain thing that I can't make mention of. ( Not mentioning the thing, just saying there is a thing I can't make mention of!).

Now vergil, that's the response I usually get in the world. I'll assume it's sarcasm lol.
I like this one can we keep him?
Last edited by Vergil on April 10th, 2024, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Vergil wrote: April 10th, 2024, 17:48

Sarcasm, yes?

Wow vergil approved a newfag...

Vergil

Post by Vergil »

orinEsque wrote: April 10th, 2024, 18:00

Sarcasm, yes?

Wow vergil approved a newfag...

I've liked more newfags than I've hated. Not my fault people jumped to the defense of the worst ones. :Inspector:
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Idk bestie. He came from reddit. He might have rabies
It's just my opinion, not the absolute truth

"Why don't you put that in your signature instead of having to type it every week?"
~Dead about me being gay

"Read his signature, he's gay"
~Dead
atgblue1st

Post by atgblue1st »

Hang on. Gotta google what newfag means.

Well gosh dang! Lol

I promise I'm rabies free. Most of my posts/comments on reddit got deleted/removed by mods anyway.
Last edited by atgblue1st on April 11th, 2024, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Sarcasm, yes?

My dude, the slash only goes in the end tag in every language, never the first.
(The possible exception being those languages that use a slash to indicate that all items until end of line are comments.)
atgblue1st wrote: April 11th, 2024, 04:44
Most of my posts/comments on reddit got deleted/removed by mods anyway.
Sounds like you'll fit right in.
Last edited by Rand on April 12th, 2024, 03:15, edited 3 times in total.
atgblue1st

Post by atgblue1st »

Rand wrote: April 12th, 2024, 03:13

Sarcasm, yes?

My dude, the slash only goes in the end tag in every language, never the first.
(The possible exception being those languages that use a slash to indicate that all items until end of line are comments.)
atgblue1st wrote: April 11th, 2024, 04:44
Most of my posts/comments on reddit got deleted/removed by mods anyway.
Sounds like you'll fit right in.

Thank you! I wasn't putting slashes anywhere, just using "quote" button, but tried deleting the quotes I didn't want to quote lol.

Thanks for the tips