Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Wylls of Toril 2.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Update: Horn models
3 New options for horns was added:

I like the Baneful Spike over vanilla, .personally.
Last edited by orinEsque on January 22nd, 2024, 11:15, edited 2 times in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR

Tags:
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Nice - wonder why I missed this until now? Calimshan Wyll looks damn great tbh.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Oldtimer wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:18
Nice - wonder why I missed this until now? Calimshan Wyll looks damn great tbh.
Its only been a week since its been up :D
Last edited by orinEsque on January 22nd, 2024, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

forgot to ask, is there a way to make his face match the portrait? cuz i get default mustache with brown curly hair
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

For some reason the demon form portrait is hard coded.

Gonna have to use ninja ripper to rip the portrait for each variant while the game is running.

I'm assuming author didn't create portrait for each Wyll cuz of all the cosmetic variations he provided.
Last edited by orinEsque on January 22nd, 2024, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

orinEsque wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 12:54
For some reason the demon form portrait is hard coded.
you can say... the black magic was involved xD
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

I'm not sure what the devs were thinking with Wyll's devil form, knowing the average player would likely recruit Karlach. He is such a damn eyesore. The horns are hideous and don't complement his features in the slightest, same with the ears, and the added ridges make his face too busy, when it already was with the overabundance of scars.

Not that it matters to me; I never recruit Wyll, and even if I did, Karlach would die every time, so I'd never see the devil form either way.

Still downloaded the Calimshan one, as it's the best bridge between immersive and established "lore." Made a personal edit of the file, replacing Wyll's and Ravengard's face models with the Laothan ones, since I really don't like the nose on his Caucasian face model. Chose the green eye and Eyrie Peak hair, so it should be a pretty nice combo. Of course, he's still going to be ignored, but at least the cutscene that shoehorns his existence into every player's game won't be as annoying.

Edit: Grammar, yet again.
Last edited by Envergence on January 22nd, 2024, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Envergence wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 19:42
I'm not sure what the devs were thinking with Wyll's devil form, knowing the average player would likely recruit Karlach. He is such a damn eyesore. The horns are hideous and don't complement his features in the slightest, same with the ears, and the added ridges make his face too busy, when they already were with the overabundance of scars.

Not that it matters to me; I never recruit Wyll, and even if I did, Karlach would die every time, so I'd never see the devil form either way.

Still downloaded the Calimshan one, as it's the best bridge between immersive and established "lore." Made a personal edit of the file, replacing Wyll's and Ravengard's face models with the Laothan ones, since I really don't like the nose on the Caucasian face models. Chose the green eye and Eyrie Peak hair, so it should be a pretty nice combo. Of course, he's still going to be ignored, but at least the cutscene that shoehorns his existence into every player's game won't be as annoying.
Post screenshots! @CheesusCrust as well.
Last edited by orinEsque on January 22nd, 2024, 20:01, edited 2 times in total.
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

orinEsque wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 19:58
i gotchu fam :salute:

orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

CheesusCrust wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 20:45
orinEsque wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 19:58
i gotchu fam :salute:
Noice! Lol those bling rings
Last edited by orinEsque on January 22nd, 2024, 20:47, edited 2 times in total.
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

orinEsque wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 20:46
Noice! Lol those bling rings
gotta use mod resources to maximum xD
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

I'm nearly at the initial grove scene, so I'll be sure to take a screenshot of him when he makes his entrance (and then promptly continue to ignore him, as always. :cool:)
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

okay i might not have the best pc, but i got some better screenshots this time 👌

Silver

Post by Silver »

@CheesusCrust
Damn he be looking fine. He's more of a fairytale faun than a devil. Which is amazing in my book.
My only beef is that Wyll is still, well, Wyll. He got no character no matter how pretty he looks. :sad:
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Silver wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 19:12
@CheesusCrust
Damn he be looking fine. He's more of a fairytale faun than a devil. Which is amazing in my book.
My only beef is that Wyll is still, well, Wyll. He got no character no matter how pretty he looks. :sad:
No amount of aesthetics moddings gonna fix poor writing I'm afraid.
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

if it was me, I would've made Wyll tiefling by default, and not only because tieflings are fiend warlock's best friend (unlike human that's not even variant, wtf Larian?). it would've been a perfect base for his backstory, like we have that oh so holy, mighty and respectable duke Ravengard that leaves no dick flaccid in his dazzling presence - and then bam, his only son is born a hellspawn, a disgrace that can greatly tarnish his goody two shoes reputation. the duke tells everybody that Wyll is his adopted kid or something and acts like a total asshole towards his own child. he's never satisfied with anything Wyll does, be it rapier lessons, dancing or making use of silverware, and he makes sure to sprinkle salt on wounds like saying Wyll never be like him, a hero loved by people of Baldur's Gate and blah blah. add general public's hatred for horned people and voila, Wyll finally snaps, summons Mizora and sacrifices a great number of folk, so that anyone he meets recognizes him as "Blade of Frontiers". he gets what he wants, but still gets exiled, still gets shittone of scars, loses an eye, finally gets tired of all that shit and wishes to become an actual hero worth of redemption... and starts his path by saving his own kind in Emerald Grove for example.

thank you for listening to my tedtalk, now gotta send my cv to Larian's hq real quick 😂
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

CheesusCrust wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 20:07
if it was me, I would've made Wyll tiefling by default, and not only because tieflings are fiend warlock's best friend (unlike human that's not even variant, wtf Larian?). it would've been a perfect base for his backstory, like we have that oh so holy, mighty and respectable duke Ravengard that leaves no dick flaccid in his dazzling presence - and then bam, his only son is born a hellspawn, a disgrace that can greatly tarnish his goody two shoes reputation. the duke tells everybody that Wyll is his adopted kid or something and acts like a total asshole towards his own child. he's never satisfied with anything Wyll does, be it rapier lessons, dancing or making use of silverware, and he makes sure to sprinkle salt on wounds like saying Wyll never be like him, a hero loved by people of Baldur's Gate and blah blah. add general public's hatred for horned people and voila, Wyll finally snaps, summons Mizora and sacrifices a great number of folk, so that anyone he meets recognizes him as "Blade of Frontiers". he gets what he wants, but still gets exiled, still gets shittone of scars, loses an eye, finally gets tired of all that shit and wishes to become an actual hero worth of redemption... and starts his path by saving his own kind in Emerald Grove for example.

thank you for listening to my tedtalk, now gotta send my cv to Larian's hq real quick 😂
Better take than wyll's tranny writer.
Put potsexual, il-logical otherkin on there, will increase hiring chance by 50%
Last edited by orinEsque on January 23rd, 2024, 20:52, edited 2 times in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

CheesusCrust wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 15:13
okay i might not have the best pc, but i got some better screenshots this time 👌
I see you are putting emote addon to good use. Have you found one that makes them smile? They roll on the floor with deadpan expressions... but no smiles...
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

orinEsque wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 20:54
I see you are putting emote addon to good use. Have you found one that makes them smile? They roll on the floor with deadpan expressions... but no smiles...
i haven't, which is weird. people release sex animation addon, but nobody wants to put the same effort in face emotion mod... 😐🔫
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

CheesusCrust wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 21:23
orinEsque wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 20:54
i haven't, which is weird. people release sex animation addon, but nobody wants to put the same effort in face emotion mod... 😐🔫
Probably because those are harder to find. The ones in the emote packs are generic animations.
Silver

Post by Silver »

orinEsque wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 20:51
I'm curious, but do I even wanna know about it?
Tranny writer?
Silver

Post by Silver »

And quickly speaking of character writings. It maybe just me and my perception, but I just wish that people would write more of "unapologetic and flawed" type of characters that are not just edgy evil for the sake of edgy evil.
Because everyone is so good and nice all the time, even if they did something "bad" by some standards - well, you see, someone definitely wronged them / tricked them / it wasn't their fault / they had no choice / it had to be that way.
Wyll is goodie two shoes who did nothing bad in his life and nothing wrong and the only thing that was "false" is that he took a devil's pact BUT! you don't understand! it saved a whole ass BG city! So, technically, he did nothing wrong. He's so good and perfect can't you see!

Just make characters that ruin stuff, fuck up things, but OWN to their stupid mistakes, to poor decisions and to their flaws.
Instead of having every wrong doing covered and protected by some bullshit excuses.
"You're doing just fine sweetie, it's not you, it's them, you never did anything wrong." Bleh.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Silver wrote: January 24th, 2024, 00:28
And quickly speaking of character writings. It maybe just me and my perception, but I just wish that people would write more of "unapologetic and flawed" type of characters that are not just edgy evil for the sake of edgy evil.
Because everyone is so good and nice all the time, even if they did something "bad" by some standards - well, you see, someone definitely wronged them / tricked them / it wasn't their fault / they had no choice / it had to be that way.
Wyll is goodie two shoes who did nothing bad in his life and nothing wrong and the only thing that was "false" is that he took a devil's pact BUT! you don't understand! it saved a whole ass BG city! So, technically, he did nothing wrong. He's so good and perfect can't you see!

Just make characters that ruin stuff, fuck up things, but OWN to their stupid mistakes, to poor decisions and to their flaws.
Instead of having every wrong doing covered and protected by some bullshit excuses.
"You're doing just fine sweetie, it's not you, it's them, you never did anything wrong." Bleh.
I need more characters that think they are right despite doing evil and explaining it away with the most convoluted sophistry. But because these writers live a life of EXATCLY that everyday anyway, it probably triggers them to create a character who would also reflect their fuckup-ness.
Silver wrote: January 24th, 2024, 00:18
orinEsque wrote: January 23rd, 2024, 20:51
I'm curious, but do I even wanna know about it?
Tranny writer?
Kevin Vanord a white, gay writer. Clearly he fails as a writer and on top of that this white-man would never dare to give Wyll any real flaws lol.
Last edited by orinEsque on January 24th, 2024, 00:44, edited 2 times in total.
Silver

Post by Silver »

orinEsque wrote: January 24th, 2024, 00:41
I need more characters that think they are right despite doing evil and explaining it away with the most convoluted sophistry.
That would be great too, though agree that it would just provide an unsavory mirror for them writers who are messed up in and out.
orinEsque wrote: January 24th, 2024, 00:41
Kevin Vanord a white, gay writer. Clearly he fails as a writer and on top of that this white-man would never dare to give Wyll any real flaws lol.
Even my vpn incognito search doesn't deserve this, my curiousity sated, thank you very much :lol:
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

@Silver @CheesusCrust You will be pleased to know that I've managed to fix Astarions pants. With some blendering. Because you know... I can. Will post After I've done some texture fiddling.
Last edited by orinEsque on January 24th, 2024, 01:54, edited 2 times in total.
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

orinEsque wrote: January 24th, 2024, 01:53
@Silver @CheesusCrust You will be pleased to know that I've managed to fix Astarions pants. With some blendering. Because you know... I can. Will post After I've done some texture fiddling.
at last we can bury the hatchet and mourn our dead... for the thousand year war over the cowboy pants was finally over :mrgreen:
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

Silver wrote: January 24th, 2024, 00:28
I've recently met people that were bitching about "muuuhhhhh so tired of moraly grey charactersssss, can't they write a goodie once in a while?". listen Karen, you've clearly never met a (l)awful good paladin at your table, stfu. unless it's that insufferable edgelord king Guts-from-Berserk wannabe type of character (Abdel Adrian 🤮 ), i don't wanna hear such nonsensical bullshit, flaws are what makes fictional world feel believable and alive. minus things like hobo romanticism ofc
Last edited by CheesusCrust on January 24th, 2024, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
Ardeus

Post by Ardeus »

Silver wrote: January 18th, 2024, 06:19
orinEsque wrote: January 18th, 2024, 04:24
shivasdarknight.tumblr.com/post/739523965712842752/wylls-of-toril#notes
I just saw that the tumbler portrait is a FFXIV character and I knew it's gonna be damn good.

Starting slow and tame, we have this beautiful introduction.

Then I go check her carrd, because I got terribly curious about all the "unholy" people who she doesn't want in her life.

Right off the bat we are greeted with this beautiful intro:

So she's into ff and nier - to put computer games into your first DOMINANT focus is one hell of an achievement already. But hey, moving on.
Personal writing projects - what a fancy shmancy way of saying "I write thirsty fics on AO3".
Politics and bisexuality - which means you are clinically online on twitter. Great.

Then we go into a section where she describes the type of people she would like to be approached by and interact with.

And to counter that section, she has another one with all the people she hates and on whom she clearly wishes hell.
And you actually have to scroll down to get through the list.

Yeah. Only a very small percentage of people can talk to her. Elitists. Top 1% one might say.
No wonder she has to actually resort to living in an online game / twitter / with her 'original characters'.

I couldn't understand most of the "exquisite" terms she used. Granted, I don't even wanna know about those.
But it was a fuuuuuun read nonetheless.
lmaoooo
As an Israeli it's so funny to me because if you're against Zionism, you're against the existence of a Jewish state/Israel, and denying Jews a homeland = Antisemitic, so she fails in her own standards
Also
>bi woman
>supports palestine

yeah sure buddy try going there with a pride flag I'm sure you won't get stoned to death lmao
radical liberal leftists would be funny if they didn't force their fucking opinion on everything
CheesusCrust

Post by CheesusCrust »

Ardeus wrote: January 24th, 2024, 09:15
so she fails in her own standards
dude they can't even explain how they (troons) are against stereotypes, but somehow ✨ became women ✨ after wearing a pink shirt or letting themselves cry over a sad video :lol:
Last edited by CheesusCrust on January 24th, 2024, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

I have started checking profiles when I see something on the internet to know who I am dealing with (seeing as these people GIVE YOU the warning signs one is looking for to know to walk away from them), and I saw a woman(?), with flags on both the beginning and end of the username, with they-them pronouns, saying she is also a lesbian, asexual, and something about BLM and social anxiety. They are so far up their ass they cannot see how they are making no sense to make themselves "colorful" and special :groan: I know there are worst cases, but that was my first time seeing so much mental illness in one single sentence/description. I almost am curious to go looking for the worst of the worst just to be amazed at how much they can stuff in. And they are SERIOUS about it too!

I had a feeling Astarion's pants would be fixed soon because it's what happens when I finally find the files on my end XD Thank you for your hard work!
- Here to show my support for normal gaming.

Thank you for existing! :bounce: