We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
RPGHQ HAS BEEN TARGETED BY GLOBALISTS! WE'VE BEEN DEPLATFORMED! DON'T LET THEM TURN THE FROGS GAY!!

HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Baldur's Gate 3

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

Larian CEO Sven Wincke firmly stated that Baldur's Gate 3 is fully over, and the company's moving on to its own thing.

Baldur's Gate 3 is fully done, says Larian, and no DLC or sequel are in the works.

At GDC 2024, CEO Swen Vincke broke the news during his panel on the fantasy-RPG and the process of its development. "We're not going to make new expansions, which everyone is expecting us to do," he stated. "We're not going to make Baldur's Gate 4...we're going to move on."

He said it at GDC, of all places, because the studio's been "bombarded" with questions about continuing the hit title. Its next project is going to be "something new," which he was naturally secretive about.
https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/ ... evelopment
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

DagothGeas5 wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 09:52
He seemed like a normal dude on the livestreams, the most recent one (the bear sex one) he seemed off.
he realized he sold his soul to the devil.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

wndrbr wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 09:58
He seemed like a normal dude on the livestreams, the most recent one (the bear sex one) he seemed off.
he realized he sold his soul to the devil.
I wonder if the ESG Money was worth it. Thirty pieces of silver, for your eternal soul. I guess he's off to buy a field make a new game.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I remember finding those infernal coins and thinking "sweet, I'll be able to buy some great stuff when I get to Hell" and then it was just some Karlach shit I never touched.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 10:13
I remember finding those infernal coins and thinking "sweet, I'll be able to buy some great stuff when I get to Hell" and then it was just some Karlach shit I never touched.
No bullshit, you were supposed to travel back to Avernus at some point and you could spend the coins there. All ripped out to push the game early.

A couple of the content creators that were allowed early access even hinted at this. I wonder if they will ever spill the beans on all that was lost.
Last edited by Boontaker on March 22nd, 2024, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Boontaker wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 08:19
I guess I was wrong about BG3 definitive edition. Larian had announced no new content for BG3, they are already working on the next project. A few more patches and cinematics for the endings is all we are going to get, we will never get the full act 3 experience. This seems like an odd choice to make for a game that was this successful. I wonder just how much outside influence caused Swen to decide to dump BG3.

A Chinese opium den wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 08:28
Boontaker wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 08:19
I guess I was wrong about BG3 definitive edition. Larian had announced no new content for BG3, they are already working on the next project. A few more patches and cinematics for the endings is all we are going to get, we will never get the full act 3 experience. This seems like an odd choice to make for a game that was this successful. I wonder just how much outside influence caused Swen to decide to dump BG3.

This had to be a recent decision, the ending scene they added somewhat recently seemed like it was dlc baiting and leaving it purposefully open to future adventures. What a strange choice.
I disagree, Larian was crystal clear since ever they weren't doing a DLC to develop it further, he's just sticking to his word. Anything else is extrapolating situations.

No BG4 leaves me sad though. I think these contundent declarations plus also him being pissed off with "corporate greed" (which also obviously includes Hasbro which has laid off most part of their staff that Swen worked with during BG3 development) left him fed up.

I say good, I'd bet they'd be forced into even worse woke slop if they were to develop a BG4 or a DLC with how the situation seems to be ongoing. Larian should be done with Hasbro and work independently on their own projects, I trust Swen in that regard.
Last edited by Anon on March 22nd, 2024, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

This is most probably a jab at how Hasbro has treated Viconia and Sarevok I suppose, and Swen trying to convey "sorry guys, I know you're pissed at us for how we treated these characters, but it's actually Hasbro's fault, but now please keep watching them for how they treat the characters we created"
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 11:55

This is most probably a jab at how Hasbro has treated Viconia and Sarevok I suppose, and Swen trying to convey "sorry guys, I know you're pissed at us for how we treated these characters, but it's actually Hasbro's fault, but now please keep watching them for how they treat the characters we created"
Its obviously fallout between Larian and Hasbro. Imo they want more troons and Swen be like: fuck this shit. We'll make our own game!

I say that, but it's probably wishful thinking and more about royalties
Last edited by orinEsque on March 22nd, 2024, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Anon

Post by Anon »

orinEsque wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:08

Its obviously fallout between Larian and Hasbro. Imo they want more troons and Swen be like: fuck this shit. We'll make our own game!

Nah I do believe genuinely Swen is a good person who tries to be good to his employees. Otherwise he'd have gone full corporation long ago, but nope, he insists in retaining 70% of Larian shares so he can keep in full control, and wouldn't be publicly solidarizing with people in the industry who got demoted.
Last edited by Anon on March 22nd, 2024, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

If it was WotC & Hasbro rather than Larian, then I hope they're able to apply what they've learned with BG3 in a freer IP.
@AliciaDurge What do you think, resident fellow Leftist? Is there potential friction with Swen/ Larian and the IP owners or do you think they're on the same page politically and the decision is to do with finances, etc?
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

According to this
► Show Spoiler
Swen seems pissed about greed. The comments talk about something to do with Hasbro wanting more pieces of the pie or something, I am very out of the loop so I cannot say, but I do hope Swen is just saying "fuck this woke shit I am out". He seemed like a normal dude on the livestreams, the most recent one (the bear sex one) he seemed off. He spoke of choices and reactivity to your race even as you enter the city that, though, are not in the game. I truly hope it is a good sign and not just something else :(

Also
rosielavender wrote: March 19th, 2024, 22:58
Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 22:34
Your first post being a request for an Astarion saying nigger mod is a very strong start hope you can keep it up. :lol:
thank you, thank you.

Could you imagine? Neil Newbon and the fandom would have an aneurysm.

I find the cognitive dissonance with Astarion fangirls and their average politics infuriating. I'm convinced they aren't real fans. The Astarion I know and love would have made a FOUL remark about Nocturne. He would have interrupted Shadowheart's reunion with cartoonish pointing and cackling. Larian held him back as a character. Oh he can hate children because that's hip and okay with the lib crowd, but he draws the line at transphobia.

ridiculous. as far as I'm concerned he's a censored character. I don't think Lae'zel would be down for this troon shit either, for the record.

I'd play base game BG3 without No Alphabets if my PC, Astarion, and Lae'zel could crack jokes and bully all of them the entire game. Minthara too, she'd be into it. I think Jaheira would be too to be honest, too old for this shit. god, if I had the time...

I could turn everyone here into an Astarion convert if only I could free him from the Larian chains.
Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 23:12
I'm convinced they aren't real fans.
When you see the way they talk about him and his questline it's pretty clear they genuinely are not and don't have the mental capacity to appreciate his side plot at all. Kinda funny the shitlib crowd has a character whose story is steeped in trauma and even asks you to stop any sort of sexual advances if you go to romance him and then treat him as a purely sexual object of desire!
Abso-fucking-lutely.
My main, and for now only, serious time I tried playing this game I only had Gale and Astarion in my team during Early Access and it felt like a true fantasy team, at least with the choices I made. Gale especially was the voice of reason and the typical wizard ("don't use the brain powers"/"we should be careful" and all the rest, which is removed in the full game, leaving only sparse lines that address things that are no longer there). After seeing the pronouns idiocy I did a trial-run, and the first thing I noticed is how they seemed to remove everything "problematic" from Astarion's character after getting to Act 2, he becomes much more demure, and every jab feels less than it could have been. When I saw how the developers seemed to try and sexualize him at every oportunity, the pants especially when I saw them thanks to CheesusCrust, it honestly made me mad. No respect for the characters, like a group of children.

Yeah I think it's problematic how they sexualize someone who has a long history with experiencing sexual abuse and trauma. Even though Astarion is not real, it makes me uncomfortable to think that people see him as an object. When I romanced him, I treated him and his boundaries with respect. You can experience a very wholesome romance with him.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:15
orinEsque wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:08

Nah I do believe genuinely Swen is a good person who tries to be good to his employees. Otherwise he'd have gone full corporation long ago, but nope, he insists in retaining 70% of Larian shares so he can keep in full control, and wouldn't be publicly solidarizing with people in the industry who got demoted.
I agree with you. I've seen wholesome stories about the BG3 cast, and I think it's partly because of Swen. He seems like a reasonable guy.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

AliciaDurge wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:23
According to this
► Show Spoiler
Swen seems pissed about greed. The comments talk about something to do with Hasbro wanting more pieces of the pie or something, I am very out of the loop so I cannot say, but I do hope Swen is just saying "fuck this woke shit I am out". He seemed like a normal dude on the livestreams, the most recent one (the bear sex one) he seemed off. He spoke of choices and reactivity to your race even as you enter the city that, though, are not in the game. I truly hope it is a good sign and not just something else :(

Also

thank you, thank you.

I find the cognitive dissonance with Astarion fangirls and their average politics infuriating. I'm convinced they aren't real fans. The Astarion I know and love would have made a FOUL remark about Nocturne. He would have interrupted Shadowheart's reunion with cartoonish pointing and cackling. Larian held him back as a character. Oh he can hate children because that's hip and okay with the lib crowd, but he draws the line at transphobia.

ridiculous. as far as I'm concerned he's a censored character. I don't think Lae'zel would be down for this troon shit either, for the record.

I'd play base game BG3 without No Alphabets if my PC, Astarion, and Lae'zel could crack jokes and bully all of them the entire game. Minthara too, she'd be into it. I think Jaheira would be too to be honest, too old for this shit. god, if I had the time...

I could turn everyone here into an Astarion convert if only I could free him from the Larian chains.

When you see the way they talk about him and his questline it's pretty clear they genuinely are not and don't have the mental capacity to appreciate his side plot at all. Kinda funny the shitlib crowd has a character whose story is steeped in trauma and even asks you to stop any sort of sexual advances if you go to romance him and then treat him as a purely sexual object of desire!
Abso-fucking-lutely.
My main, and for now only, serious time I tried playing this game I only had Gale and Astarion in my team during Early Access and it felt like a true fantasy team, at least with the choices I made. Gale especially was the voice of reason and the typical wizard ("don't use the brain powers"/"we should be careful" and all the rest, which is removed in the full game, leaving only sparse lines that address things that are no longer there). After seeing the pronouns idiocy I did a trial-run, and the first thing I noticed is how they seemed to remove everything "problematic" from Astarion's character after getting to Act 2, he becomes much more demure, and every jab feels less than it could have been. When I saw how the developers seemed to try and sexualize him at every oportunity, the pants especially when I saw them thanks to CheesusCrust, it honestly made me mad. No respect for the characters, like a group of children.

Yeah I think it's problematic how they sexualize someone who has a long history with experiencing sexual abuse and trauma. Even though Astarion is not real, it makes me uncomfortable to think that people see him as an object. When I romanced him, I treated him and his boundaries with respect. You can experience a very wholesome romance with him.
I thought you are a lesbo.
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 12:20
If it was WotC & Hasbro rather than Larian, then I hope they're able to apply what they've learned with BG3 in a freer IP.
@AliciaDurge What do you think, resident fellow Leftist? Is there potential friction with Swen/ Larian and the IP owners or do you think they're on the same page politically and the decision is to do with finances, etc?
I don't know. I wouldn't mind if the game was less "woke", the queerness in the game or the lack of it doesn't really bother me. But there could be potential friction if WoTC changes too much of the BG3's canon, I think.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

Acrux wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:30
According to this
► Show Spoiler

Also

Abso-fucking-lutely.

I'm bisexual lol. Besides, fictional characters are not real humans. I prefer women in real life, tho.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Acrux wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:30
She overshared multiple times that she's interested in a male or female partner. :lol:
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I'm already sorry I said anything.
Like my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Hate my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Indifferent to my posts? Consider a donation: PayPal
Anon

Post by Anon »

I mean tbf I also thought she was lesbian but she has all the time only said she's a "queer" so that was an extrapolation.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Bg4 will be taken up by a cucked AAA studio hoping to cash in on bg3 hype and it will be filled with troons, and niggers in every fucking corner. Goodbye future of bg franchise.

:(
Last edited by orinEsque on March 22nd, 2024, 13:47, edited 2 times in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Acrux wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:34
I'm already sorry I said anything.
Well gee thanks acrux. I know what the next 10 pages of this thread will be about.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I don't think so, no woke cheap studio can even remotely hope to compete with what Larian has released, plus all the bad media this has generated sounds to me like the series is just dead (at least as long as it's the same people in charge of hasbro).

At least BG3 will get a lot of mileage for some 10+ years from the modding scene.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

orinEsque wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:37
Bg4 week be taken up by a cucked AAA studio hoping to cash in on bg3 hype and it will be filled with troons, and niggers in every fucking corner. Goodbye future of bg franchise.

Yeah I don't like either how queerness/other diversity stuff is only treated as a cash grab. Diversity checklist for money ain't cool.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

Anon wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:40
I don't think so, no woke cheap studio can even remotely hope to compete with what Larian has released, plus all the bad media this has generated sounds to me like the series is just dead (at least as long as it's the same people in charge of hasbro).

At least BG3 will get a lot of mileage for some 10+ years from the modding scene.
Yeah even though BG3 has a lot of "woke" stuff, it's still a great game. No wonder why it did win GOTY.
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

According to this
► Show Spoiler

Also

thank you, thank you.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

I like that you are willing to engage, and love to see more perspectives to learn more, but, probably because of the sheer amount I had the displeasure to be exposed to, I'd rather never have to read or hear about something being "problematic" and words like "boundaries" or something taken very seriously when speaking of video games. I am sorry, I just cringed out of my own skin reading some of that XD
- Here to show my support for normal gaming.

Thank you for existing! :bounce:
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Bg4 will be taken up by a cucked AAA studio hoping to cash in on bg3 hype and it will be filled with troons, and niggers in every fucking corner. Goodbye future of bg franchise.

It's already there, lmao

I dislike LOVE the forced cuckery at Act 3, even better when you get disapproval scores if you oppose it. Really incredible writing, it's so demented especially in context HECKIN' WHOLESOME.

It's actually remarkable how much wokeness they managed to cram into that game - I wonder which consultancy agency they used, it wasn't SBI, or at least it wasn't them openly although WotC is working with them, they did a really good job making the game disgusting beautiful and representative.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

TKVNC wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:54

It's already there, lmao

I dislike LOVE the forced cuckery at Act 3, even better when you get disapproval scores if you oppose it. Really incredible writing, it's so demented especially in context HECKIN' WHOLESOME.

It's actually remarkable how much wokeness they managed to cram into that game - I wonder which consultancy agency they used, it wasn't SBI, or at least it wasn't them openly although WotC is working with them, they did a really good job making the game disgusting beautiful and representative.
You can feel the exact point at which s consultancy agency was hired: dundundun: Aylin.
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

orinEsque wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:56

It's already there, lmao

You can feel the exact point at which s consultancy agency was hired: dundundun: Aylin.
I think you can see it nice and early too, character creation - there's what 7 faces for human male (I never play female so can't say), and about 4 of them are niggers, and of the remaining 3, 2 are chinese.

*Minor spelling mistake
Last edited by TKVNC on March 22nd, 2024, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

TKVNC wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:58
orinEsque wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 13:56

It's already there, lmao

I think you can see it nice and early too, character creation - there's what 7 faces for human male (I never play female so can't say), and about 4 of them are niggers, and of the remaining 3, 2 are chinese.

*Minor spelling mistake
That was announced and added much later
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

orinEsque wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 14:19
That was announced and added much later
The faces or Aylin? Either way, I wonder if it was Larian's doing, or if they were forced by Trannies of the Coast.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

rosielavender wrote: March 19th, 2024, 22:05
you know, I find Neil Newbon to be kind of insufferable despite being a diehard Astarion fan, and if I had the modding capability I would absolutely make a transphobic & bigoted Astarion mod. Neil would probably find a way to sue anyone who did it.
This is the beauty of creating then dropping something on the internet completely anonymously. You could make such a mod, drop it off somewhere, it gets distributed via torrents and various sites and there is nothing they can do about it (outside of simple "take that down" notices).

Once it is spread out there, it becomes difficult to stop it as there is no individual to target, just a piece of work that keeps getting passed around, maybe "fixed" from time to time, improved, etc... What ends up getting most people caught in this area is the "need" to be recognized (placing a name, or some other mark to identify ownership). If it is truly without ownership, it becomes a very difficult thing to attack legally.