We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The book thread.

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

NotAI wrote: May 12th, 2024, 16:28
The Swarm really is 1800 pages...bloody hell.

I too will write a novel.

It will be called The Pencil.

A young man will be playing with a pencil, which he will stick up his nose.
But damn, then it's stuck. He can't get it out.
A young woman will try to help him get the pencil out. But she will fail.
The pencil will be stuck up her nose too, courtesy of her lack of pencil skill.
Flashbacks to her youth when she always used a pen.
Then they will walk around like that. Many adventures will happen.
They will ask people to help them get the pencil out.
But because they have a pencil up their noses, hence talk funny (and, stuck together, walk funny) people will just laugh at them.
So they won't help them.
They find true love. Tragically, however, in each case, it's somebody else.
A thousand pages later the pencil will still be up both their noses.
But it will not matter, because the bridge they are finally walking on will tragically collapse. Because they live in china or something, which is the big twist and reveal.

"Gimme my Stephen King money" like some guy said.
i will tell story of one of drawn together shows

conspiracy with pencils. it was great script. grapes tasting/smelling pencils were distrubuted across states before exams so niggers would not be able to pass it as they could not resist and would eat the pencils.
Last edited by Red7 on May 12th, 2024, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Have any of you used the Lexicon Urthus?
Lexicon Urthus (second edition) is an alphabetical dictionary for the complete Urth Cycle by Gene Wolfe: The Shadow of the Torturer; The Claw of the Conciliator; The Sword of the Lictor; The Citadel of the Autarch; the sequel Urth of the New Sun; the novella Empires of Foliage and Flower; the short stories "The Cat," "The Map," and "The Old Woman Whose Rolling Pin Is the Sun"; and Gene Wolfe's own commentaries in The Castle of the Otter. The first edition was nominated for a World Fantasy Award. This second edition, available for the first time in paperback, includes 300 new entries. When the first edition was published, Science Fiction Age said: "Lexicon Urthus makes a perfect gift for any fan of [Wolfe's] work, and from the way his words sell, it appears that there are many deserving readers out there waiting." Gary K. Wolfe, in Locus, said: "A convenient and well researched glossary of names and terms. . . . It provides enough of a gloss on the novels that it almost evokes Wolfe's distant future all by itself. . . . It can provide both a useful reference and a good deal of fun." Donald Keller said, in the New York Review of Science Fiction: "A fruitful product of obsession, this is a thorough . . . dictionary of the Urth Cycle. . . . Andre-Driussi's research has been exhaustive, and he has discovered many fascinating things . . . [it is] head-spinning to confront a myriad of small and large details, some merely interesting, others jawdropping."
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

That book of the new sun is pretty good. I'm almost done with the second of the four and enjoying it so far
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 27th, 2024, 09:57
Have any of you used the Lexicon Urthus?
Yes. It was helpful during my first reading of Shadow & Claw. I didn't use it as much in Sword & Citadel because, by that point, I was used to the world and prose (I didn't worry as much about what words meant and used context clues to keep the flow going).