We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Revamped Encounters 1.0 — Red Dead Redemption 2

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

GotPlatinum

Revamped Encounters 1.0 — Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by GotPlatinum »

(This is a third party upload of a mod titled "Apolitical RDR2" and then "Revamped Encounters" created by passiveresister. Aside from this disclaimer, no edits have been made to the description.)

Removes a series of NPC's and interactions that are pozzed in nature or meant to depict right wing people from the 19th century as moronic caricatures.

Also makes Lemoyne Raiders a generic gang instead of cartoonish ex confederates.

REMOVED NPC'S AND INTERACTIONS:

Klan rally
Saint Denis eugenicist
The infamous annoying feminist
Jeremiah Compson (mission still present, he's just silent and invisible.)
Mrs. Calhoun (other annoying suffragette at the Rhodes rally)

See readme for install. Requires LML
Last edited by GotPlatinum on March 13th, 2024, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Selrisitai

Post by Selrisitai »

Is the klan rally a problem because we just don't want to see stupid racist groups, or because they aren't depicting the group in a fair light?
This might sound sarcastic but I'm legitimately curious.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Selrisitai wrote: May 12th, 2024, 17:49
or because they aren't depicting the group in a fair light
For me it more leans on this. The way they're portrayed is just peak eye rolling shitlib caricature. Ah yes a bumbling "hick" who talks wrong ebonics, oh I'm sorry, "african american vernacular" sounds beautiful and educated tho and is so incompetent he lights himself on fire and you should kill them all because they're heckin racistarinos!
So committed to realism some artist spent weeks detailing the horse's balls but any character who you're supposed to like has to obey contemporary racial politics and anybody who acts even remotely like someone in the 1800s actually would is an evil nazi chud trump supporter who should be killed for being unwholesome.
Last edited by Vergil on May 12th, 2024, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Vergil wrote: May 12th, 2024, 18:04
Selrisitai wrote: May 12th, 2024, 17:49
or because they aren't depicting the group in a fair light
For me it more leans on this. The way they're portrayed is just peak eye rolling shitlib caricature. Ah yes a bumbling "hick" who talks wrong ebonics, oh I'm sorry, "african american vernacular" sounds beautiful and educated tho and is so incompetent he lights himself on fire and you should kill them all because they're heckin racistarinos!
So committed to realism some artist spent weeks detailing the horse's balls but any character who you're supposed to like has to obey contemporary racial politics and anybody who acts even remotely like someone in the 1800s actually would is an evil nazi chud trump supporter who should be killed for being unwholesome.
KKK didn't even wear their iconic garb until the second incarnation, so they didn't even get it right.