We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Sins of a Solar Empire II - Coming to Steam this Summer

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 19:15
What's different in SoaSE2?
Yeah, glanced at the Steam page and it looked like a carbon copy of the original (which I have played some with all the expansions).
GhostCow
Turtle
Turtle

Post by GhostCow »

Isn't this that game that got used as a benchmark more than played as a game?
Decline

Post by Decline »

One of the best RTS that was a total failure getting a sequel. You think they discovered matchmaking this time around?

At this point I feel like an alien watching cavemen from his vessel.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Irenaeus wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 19:28
Yeah, glanced at the Steam page and it looked like a carbon copy of the original (which I have played some with all the expansions).
bloodedhunter

Post by bloodedhunter »

I will grab it when it eventually goes on giveaway but the autistic economy/diplomacy system they have is just not fun the play with.

It should be as simple as drag/drop starbases and whatever to build over time. But instead you’ll be lucky to be able to afford a small defense fleet without selling all of your ore at any given time and have to be wary of building hardcaps. otherwise it will lock you out of building specific ship types or any other buildings in that system. Somehow got the “rare” achievement for beating the game without any capital ships on my first and only playthrough of a total conversion mod. Fuck 4x games.
Last edited by bloodedhunter on May 26th, 2024, 11:06, edited 5 times in total.