We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Baldur's Gate 3

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Anon wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:12
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:10
I like the fact that nobody discuss game story, side quests, characters besides companions, locations, game situations, gameplay, skill combination, non-obvious ways of dealing with some problem. If any discussion starts anywhere, it always about how game is pozzed. It's just pathetic.
There are plenty of such discussions in reddit. This forum doesn't appreciate discussing BG3 game mechanics in depth and I wish we did, I agree with you.
Bg3 isn't mechanically complex so there's not much to discuss. 5E is boring, the game is very easy on the hardest difficulty.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Mondain wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:21
I like the fact that nobody discuss game story, side quests, characters besides companions, locations, game situations, gameplay, skill combination, non-obvious ways of dealing with some problem. If any discussion starts anywhere, it always about how game is pozzed. It's just pathetic.
There are plenty of such discussions in reddit. This forum doesn't appreciate discussing BG3 game mechanics in depth and I wish we did, I agree with you.
Bg3 isn't mechanically complex so there's not much to discuss. 5E is boring, the game is very easy on the hardest difficulty.
Honour mode can give some challenge if you don't metagame the bosses' mechanics. Otherwise I agree, mods are greatly needed to give the game some proper difficulty.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:18
I was very annoyed that you can kill 2 goblin leaders without triggering all camp in hostility, but you can't do it with leader, even if you destroy all drums in the battle arena. This is just stupid.
Apparently, you can pile up every hazardous barrel in the world in the area and nobody will bat an eye until you set them all off at once with a spell and wipe out the entire camp in one go.
Or was that just the D:OS games?
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Dos1& 2 were some of the most challenging turn based rpgs around on the hardest mode if you weren't cheesing so I guess their designers quit. Difficulty is decent in the first act then nosedives.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Rand wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:25
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:18

I was very annoyed that you can kill 2 goblin leaders without triggering all camp in hostility, but you can't do it with leader, even if you destroy all drums in the battle arena. This is just stupid.
Apparently, you can pile up every hazardous barrel in the world in the area and nobody will bat an eye until you set them all off at once with a spell and wipe out the entire camp in one go.
Or was that just the D:OS games?
Yes you can. Barrelmancy was the thing I hated most in DOS and they brought this shit to BG3.
Mondain wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:25
Dos1& 2 were some of the most challenging turn based rpgs around on the hardest mode if you weren't cheesing so I guess their designers quit. Difficulty is decent in the first act then nosedives.
It's part of their trooning out, they needed to bring down the game difficulty to appease the low IQ masses. Browns and jeets would never buy a game if they couldn't feel SmArT by winning in the highest difficulty, so even the most difficult setting needed to be brought to the lowest common denominator.
Last edited by Anon on April 5th, 2024, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Anon wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:20
Both Minthara and Gut you kill in a private room though, while the assault against Ragzlin happens in public.
Not much in public, in a room with witnesses, but you can kill them too. Plus they put a drums in the room, witch mislead player and makes him think that he can do it in stealth.
Isn't Minthara in room with guard-eye, and some goblin leader? It is not very private.
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on April 5th, 2024, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

i play as good guy gale with these mods right now in act3

also installed character model mods but they are not listed as .pak obviously
Last edited by gastovski on April 5th, 2024, 21:35, edited 2 times in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:15
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:12
I really appreciate that they designed so many unique enemies that only show up for a single encounter.
Can you give example?
Harpies, giant eagles, those invisible cat things, that haunted armor thingy, the owlbear, the red dragon, those mud mephits. All only have one encounter.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Baldurs gay, lgbtq 3, dinvity 3
Last edited by BLofbr on April 5th, 2024, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:55
Harpies, giant eagles...
This reminded me one thing: when gutiyanky leader appears in the camp and give commands to Laezel, you can read her mind even despite the fact that it is only an illusion and show it to Laezel, is it only me who find stupid all this stupid? In this mountain monastery she can kill you despite being illusion, but all the sudden in the camp she can't.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:15
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:12
I really appreciate that they designed so many unique enemies that only show up for a single encounter.
Can you give example?
Drider
Owlbear
Shambling Mounds
Hag / Her Gnome Minions
Earth Worm thing
Mushroom boiz
Etc etc
Spiders / Ettercaps (Only appear once in the game essentially)

The asset reuse in this game is near zero. From start to finish you almost always are facing unique enemies with unique abilities and tactics. The only repeated enemies are humanoids of some kind and I guess goblins and wargs throughout act 1.
Faceless_Sentinel

Remember in D:OS 2 during The Lady Vengeance boarding if you damage Dallis enough she turns into dragon and run away? I feel like there is no such things in bg3. My favourite example of lacking variability is the 7 ways to escape Fort Joy.

It is like there is nothing to discuss even, for rpg this is an disaster.
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on April 5th, 2024, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 5th, 2024, 22:06
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:55
Harpies, giant eagles...
This reminded me one thing: when gutiyanky leader appears in the camp and give commands to Laezel, you can read her mind even despite the fact that it is only an illusion and show it to Laezel, is it only me who find stupid all this stupid? In this mountain monastery she can kill you despite being illusion, but all the sudden in the camp she can't.
Vlaakith casts wish in the creche. That's a lvl 9 spell that's incredibly expensive to cast and she probably did so because she was in front of high ranked officials and she needed to give some example to people mocking her in that place. Alone in camp, there's no reason to do so. At least that's my headcanon as to why she doesn't do it in camp.

About the reading ming thing, that's because the plot allows to, I guess.
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:29
Anon wrote: April 5th, 2024, 21:20
Both Minthara and Gut you kill in a private room though, while the assault against Ragzlin happens in public.
Not much in public, in a room with witnesses, but you can kill them too. Plus they put a drums in the room, witch mislead player and makes him think that he can do it in stealth.
Isn't Minthara in room with guard-eye, and some goblin leader? It is not very private.
Well there are guards in Minthara's room but not enough people to set everybody alert. But yeah it's pretty much hard-coded so it can still suck and seem out of context depending on how you execute it.
Last edited by Anon on April 5th, 2024, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

i am thinking about a thing... i think the game is still in version 1.1 btw if this is true, the game is still in Early Access.

Like real big think. 4.0 is divinity Engine and EA had 1.1v while final build is still there

Im not fucking Joking.

if this is true this means Larian dropped a unfinished game.

Thank you 15 mil for buying our (Beta testing) early access game.
Last edited by BLofbr on April 6th, 2024, 01:38, edited 13 times in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Where do you get this info about 15 million sold copies?
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 6th, 2024, 06:03
Where do you get this info about 15 million sold copies?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-BB1kvU8r
Last edited by BLofbr on April 6th, 2024, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

they hade 7-8 months since the last Early Access hotfix to (fix)

Big Think

Im going to do autist shit here and find logs when they implemented the (gay), datamine says it was in files even earleir, there was full nood bodytypes in patch 2-3 ish

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.ph ... ber=836464 Patch 9
Last edited by BLofbr on April 6th, 2024, 11:49, edited 7 times in total.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

i had to create a Larian account to search explicitly this (genitals)....no search function for guests

Another thing i read about Larian got Death Threats and shit for pandering to the 1% :groan:

I Do wonder what the actual Cause of them Abandoning it completly, like worse than Divinity original sin 2.

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.ph ... Post917788
Last edited by BLofbr on April 6th, 2024, 13:00, edited 4 times in total.
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Found more shit so Apparnetly Minthara being pregnant is real

Bit Small backstory. Turns out she is from a royal family of the richest of her kind, and that she and her mother had assasination atempts on her by other royal families like game of thrones style.

And then she was "sold" by ketheric to Orin, and Orin did all sorts of torchures with her, including putting the tad pole into her.

She has her own mission of revenge, and no matter what she respected Ketheric even after we kill him in the story.

And from what i understand she is a virgin, since she claims that she was scared to allow a "lover" into her life because she was paranoid that every smiling male was planning to put a knife in her heart during her sleep, until your character saves her.
So the Cut content for this part isnt a lie.
Last edited by BLofbr on April 6th, 2024, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

i believe she is quite old to be a virgin
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

Yeah its weird, But how tf did Larian come up with the she will be pregnant thing then..
BLofbr

Post by BLofbr »

gastovski wrote: April 6th, 2024, 15:14
i believe she is quite old to be a virgin
But its not impossible to be old an a virgin tho.. especially if ur busy killing
Rand

Post by Rand »

BLofbr wrote: April 6th, 2024, 12:55
Another thing i read about Larian got Death Threats and shit for pandering to the 1%
Good.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Rand wrote: April 6th, 2024, 17:45
Another thing i read about Larian got Death Threats and shit for pandering to the 1%
Good.
No, it isn't - it only paints people against the wokeness as rabid idiots that can't hold a discussion. Larian should most definitely be held responsible for the wokeness in BG3 (and the shitty writing), but death threats is going too far.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Oldtimer wrote: April 6th, 2024, 21:15
Rand wrote: April 6th, 2024, 17:45
Good.
No, it isn't - it only paints people against the wokeness as rabid idiots that can't hold a discussion. Larian should most definitely be held responsible for the wokeness in BG3 (and the shitty writing), but death threats is going too far.
If it's only a threat it isn't going far enough :)
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 6th, 2024, 21:19
Oldtimer wrote: April 6th, 2024, 21:15
If it's only a threat it isn't going far enough :)
Yeah... what you mean is, killing people because they have a different opinion is right. That''s quite fascist of you. 14/88, am I right?
TKVNC

Post by TKVNC »

Oldtimer wrote: April 6th, 2024, 21:35
Yeah... what you mean is, killing people because they have a different opinion is right. That''s quite fascist of you. 14/88, am I right?
That's not what facism is.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Well we need to know what's the "death threat" especifically. If it's that silly karlach beheading screenshot @ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND has done a few months ago to own the troons, it's one thing. Now if it's PMing Larian employees "we know your address and where you work, beware now", it's another completely different.
Kowe

Post by Kowe »

Anon wrote: April 6th, 2024, 21:43
Well we need to know what's the "death threat" especifically. If it's that silly karlach beheading screenshot @ANONYMOUS_FRI3ND has done a few months ago to own the troons, it's one thing. Now if it's PMing Larian employees "we know your address and where you work, beware now", it's another completely different.
Isn't the former NOT considered a death threat by law because it has no single clear target ? At least by American law. Not to mention, only a virtual character got "hurt".