We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Clockwork Revolution (aka Arcanum 2) by InXile from former Troika devs

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Everytime they hand a nigger a communist manifesto we should kill 1 chinese citizen and 20 single childless white women over 40.

That will be a real clockwork revolution.

Now excuse me I have to return to masturbating to jewish women getting fucked by tyrone and santa claus in a slaughterhouse
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

I love Steampunk and Cyberpunk, but sadly the mainstream has taken hold of them and nothing survives their reverse Midas-touch.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

I know that 300lbs fat gay nerds and cocaine huffing whoremongering tech entrepreneurs like to steal ideas from obscure writers and artists, but is it too much to ask for them to try and find new things to steal?
wishbonetail

Post by wishbonetail »

Anything without 4 cellos in the OST should not be referred to as Arcanum.
revenant

Post by revenant »

wishbonetail wrote: June 12th, 2023, 21:32
Anything without 4 cellos in the OST should not be referred to as Arcanum.
It's called a string quartet - 2 violins, one alto and one cello

4 cellos is apocalyptica lmao

Post by 1998 »

Basically every InXile game but Wasteland 3 was a disappointment. I am currently replaying their Kickstarter games. Just finished Bards Tale (still shit), now playing Numenera (not great either). Yet it feels it feels like they are trying, and its not that we got tons of alternatives. If it isn't too woke, I might even d1p this one.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Microsoft purchased Obsidian and InXile because they could, not because they ever made good games. Just something to maybe, eventually, fill out the Xbox release slate.

Post by 1998 »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 18:36
Microsoft purchased Obsidian and InXile because they could, not because they ever made good games. Just something to maybe, eventually, fill out the Xbox release slate.
Obviously. I still prefer InXile because they tried to create something fun. Sure they didn't succeed and/or had a lack of talent. Obsidian just tried to become as mainstream as possible, and failed spectacularly at that.
Rigwort

Post by Rigwort »

I think it's everything about making a game for yourself and your ego vs. making a game for an audience out there you care about/are a part of.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

1998 wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 18:05
Basically every InXile game but Wasteland 3 was a disappointment.
The Bard's Tale Trilogy remake is really good. And I prefer W2DC to Wasteland 3. But other than that, they've had a lot of misses.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I played the Bard's Tale 4 remaster and enjoyed it, didn't quite understand why it was so hated. Maybe the original was worse?
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I'm actually replaying through Wasteland 2, right now. Other than a few things here, and there, it's actually quite solid. I don't know why I disliked it a lot more when it came out. Probably because I had played the release version, and not the Director's Cut.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Recommend updating the title to "Bioshock 4" instead of "Arcanum 2". False advertising should be limited to doctored screenshots as much as possible.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I called it Arcanum 2 because that's what g*me urinelists were calling it when this was first announced.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Acrux wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 21:57
I called it Arcanum 2 because that's what g*me urinelists were calling it when this was first announced.
But any non-journalist can see in 10 seconds that it's Bioshock Infinite 2. Did you just... out yourself as a journalist? :cool:
Last edited by J1M on June 23rd, 2023, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

J1M wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 23:14
Acrux wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 21:57
But any non journalist can see in 10 seconds that it's Bioshock Infinite 2. Did you... just out yourself as a journalist? :cool:
How dare you

Post by 1998 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 19:47
I played the Bard's Tale 4 remaster and enjoyed it, didn't quite understand why it was so hated. Maybe the original was worse?
Didn't they rework much of the puzzles? I dropped it around the 12th fairy puzzle...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

1998 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 17:25
Didn't they rework much of the puzzles? I dropped it around the 12th fairy puzzle...
Not sure, but every puzzle can just be skipped.
revenant

Post by revenant »

I played the Bard's Tale 4 remaster and enjoyed it, didn't quite understand why it was so hated.
Linux version requires pulseaudio for sound

Post by 1998 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 24th, 2023, 17:27
1998 wrote: June 24th, 2023, 17:25
Not sure, but every puzzle can just be skipped.
Aah, right. That was it. You didn't have the option originally.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

revenant wrote: June 24th, 2023, 17:32
I played the Bard's Tale 4 remaster and enjoyed it, didn't quite understand why it was so hated.
Linux version requires pulseaudio for sound
use the pipewire shim?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/ne ... revolution
Shapeshifter Games Winds Up Clockwork Revolution

We’re happy to announce that the newly formed Shapeshifter Games—formed of ex-Volition developers—is working with us to help bring Clockwork Revolution to life.

Shortly after Volition closed, we flew to Illinois and worked with Xbox and the then ex-Volition leadership to secure this new team as our co-development partner. Their wealth of industry experience further bolstering our efforts in developing our upcoming steampunk RPG Clockwork Revolution.

Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Element wrote: February 1st, 2024, 12:32
I hate the whimsical aspect of steampunk. Stupid, ugly, reddit.
That's just the masses getting ahold of it and making it le quirky like they do with everything else.