We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
RPGHQ HAS BEEN TARGETED BY GLOBALISTS! WE'VE BEEN DEPLATFORMED! DON'T LET THEM TURN THE FROGS GAY!!

HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Immersive Heads 4.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

lexo1000

Immersive Heads 4.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Post by lexo1000 »

This mod is a complete overhaul of vanilla heads used by characters and NPC's. Larian did a poor job on this part as the heads are not lore-friendly at all and need some fixing.

It features the following changes:
  • Removes African and Asian appearances from dwarves, elves, gnomes, tieflings and halflings races,
  • Removes unnecessaries dirt, freckles, scars and wrinkles,
  • Adds stubble to all human & gnome males,
  • Reduces the size of the ears of some half-elves and tieflings,
  • Adds spiked ears to Gith who don't have them,
  • Increases Gith body spots resolution and makes head spots more proeminent,
  • Fixes bad position of accessories & beards.
All models have been edited with Blender & textures with Photoshop.

The heads present in CC are also used by most of the NPCs. For a complete overhaul of NPC heads, we should also reducing the black skin colors. Baldur's Better Aesthetics mod does this, but it also replaces African/Asian heads with Caucasian heads, reducing the diversity of NPC heads. The next step will be to make an updated version of Better Aesthetics that removes heads replaced but keeps skin/hair/beard changes.

Drag and drop the archive in BG3 Mod Manager.

ALL SCREENSHOTS ARE MADE WITH NEUTRAL 1 SKIN TONE FOR EASY COMPARISON

DWARVES
► Show Spoiler
ELVES
► Show Spoiler
GITHYANKIS
► Show Spoiler
GNOMES
► Show Spoiler
HALF-ELVES
► Show Spoiler
HALF-ORCS
► Show Spoiler
HALFLINGS
► Show Spoiler
HUMANS
► Show Spoiler
TIEFLINGS
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by lexo1000 on June 2nd, 2024, 11:43, edited 898 times in total.

Tags:
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

This is great! A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Personally I'm not that big a fan of just a handful of changes, but overall this is damn fine work. Thank you, will test this out as soon as I'm able!
Last edited by Reichspepe on January 12th, 2024, 18:18, edited 5 times in total.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Thanks! Yes it is a huge project that will grow over time. I'll add/changes some faces soon. I'm currently learning how to mod lsx files in order to make a very custom version of Better Aesthetics mod.
Last edited by lexo1000 on January 11th, 2024, 17:09, edited 2 times in total.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

If I wanted to make my own changes, how would I go about doing that? I'm very new to modding, but I assume I'll need the export tool and multitool later?
Last edited by Reichspepe on January 11th, 2024, 21:46, edited 3 times in total.
GOW LIKE A BOSS

Post by GOW LIKE A BOSS »

These look great! Any drow heads incoming by any chance?
Silver

Post by Silver »

What a great work! Most of the changes look amazing, with only a couple of heads that I'm not exactly a fan of.

Is there by any chance a way to split the pak into separate files?
I'm not asking for a file of each separate head. It's a hella lot of heads (if I counted correctly 44).
Just wondering if I can split it manually through BG3MM or other program maybe? Not familiar with BG3MM and its functions.

I want to mix those up with several other "vanilla head adjustments" mods, but some heads will override each other and there's no way to favour one mod on top of the other if you wanna combine couple from this mod, then couple from other etc.
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

So much work wow. Most certainly looks better. Just the halfling male 2c I dont really see why that should be changed ok maybe looks more like a dwarf. But great work.
Last edited by Vaako on January 12th, 2024, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Absolutely outstanding work!

Thank you so much for this. I can't believe how much better the elves look and even some human females.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Awesome work.

Larian should start giving some royalties to RPGHQ, this forum is single-handedly making their game playable.
GOW LIKE A BOSS

Post by GOW LIKE A BOSS »

These may be a dumb questions, but

(1) Does this change NPC heads, or just heads at the character selector?
(2) Is it compatible with BBA (or BBA minimalist)? I'm not 100% clear from the description if it will currently make some people look odd.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

GOW LIKE A BOSS wrote: January 12th, 2024, 15:53

(2) Is it compatible with BBA (or BBA minimalist)? I'm not 100% clear from the description if it will currently make some people look odd.
(1) The mod edits heads of the Character Creator but these heads are also used by most of the NPCs, except major one that have their own head.
(2) Yes totally compatible but BBA Minimalist changes many heads so you will see less some of them
Last edited by lexo1000 on January 12th, 2024, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
Wiglarf

Post by Wiglarf »

Thanks man. This site really is making BG3 the game it shouldve been
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

lexo1000 wrote: January 12th, 2024, 17:32
GOW LIKE A BOSS wrote: January 12th, 2024, 15:53

(1) The mod edits heads of the Character Creator but these heads are also used by most of the NPCs, except major one that have their own head.
(2) Yes totally compatible but BBA Minimalist changes many heads so you will see less some of them
This is another clear sign of much Larian hates the player and only very reluctantly allowed the player to create a custom character.

No time or money to create unique faces for the player. Fuck you, plebs. You will use the same faces the NPCs have and you WILL like it.

And even then, the NPC will have access to some customization options that you will not.

So, be sure to never create a character and only play as one of our Origin self inserts. I mean, why would you even want to create a character instead of being one of these awesome snowflakes?
Envuen

Post by Envuen »

Fantastic mod, thank you for making BG3 a better game.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

@lexo1000
Here is a texture resource for blender: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... escription
You can sculpt heads with the texture on. Makes sculpting much easier.
Last edited by orinEsque on January 21st, 2024, 18:15, edited 2 times in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
FMLS

Post by FMLS »

Great mod!

Instructions for those who want to revert some of the changes:
1- Download the BG 3 Modder's Multitool (https://github.com/ShinyHobo/BG3-Modders-Multitool).

2- Drop Lore Friendly Heads' Pak file into the Multitool (this unpacks the file so you can edit stuff).

3- You now have an unpacked folder containing the mod. Files for the heads are contained in one or more of four locations:
Model: ..\Generated\Public\Shared\Assets\Characters\_Anims\RACE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR
Textures: ..\Generated\Public\Shared\Assets\Characters\_Models\RACE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR
OR
Model: ..\Generated\Public\SharedDev\Assets\Characters\_Anims\RACE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR
Textures: ..\Generated\Public\SharedDev\Assets\Characters\_Models\RACE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR

To avoid having to look through all the subfolders, go to \Generated\Public\ and use the search function to find whatever you're looking for, using https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Modding:Head_Models as a reference*. For example, search for DWR_F to see everything related to female dwarves, or for DWR_F_NKD_Head_B to search for Female Dwarf B, specifically.

Next, delete all files pertaining to the heads you want reverted**.

4- Once you've done the above for all relevant heads, go ahead drag the modded folder into the Multitool -- wait (it takes a while) and it'll give you a zip with your new pak file (should be in the same folder that your unpacked mod got sent to)

5- That's it, import the mod via BG3's Mod Manager or (as you'd do for any mod).

*A number of heads are misnamed on the Lore Friendly Heads' changes list. Male Dwarf 1F, for example (the black dwarf), doesn't actually exist in the files, because it's actually DWR_M_NKD_Head_G. Again, refer to https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Modding:Head_Models for an accurate listing of the heads.

**Note that most heads have 3 dds files (textures) and 1 gr2 file (a head model). Strong body types have different head models but share textures with the default body of the same letter (if a vanilla strong head you liked looks different from what you remember it, despite it not being listed in LFHs' changes, it's because changes made to the texture of the default body type of the same letter affected the strong body type as well). Tieflings have additional files -- a strong one might have up to 7 files.

EDIT: improved instructions
Last edited by FMLS on January 28th, 2024, 15:50, edited 15 times in total.
FMLS

Post by FMLS »

Adding a bit more constructive (hopefully) criticism:

- Male Human 2D's new head looks a bit goofy for the characters who use it (Zhentharim guard, a dude in the goblin camp, a Harper). I do like it tho, just not for those NPCs -- if they got new heads via the new BBA version you're working on, disregard this).
- Male Human's 2H's new head is amazing, but I quite like the original as well, and it's only available on the regular body type. Would be sad to see it expunged from the game entirely.
- I love the original 2C Male Halfling and 2E Male Half-Orc (the chewed up cauliflower ears and beady eyes give it a ton of character).
- Female Half-Elf 1G is one of the most attractive vanilla heads, and I'd miss it. Could keep it but give NPCs different heads, if its too commonly used.
- I have a soft spot for Damon's original head (2D Male Tiefling), tho I think the alternate one would fit him quite well.
- Strong Human 4e is also great, though I also like the modded version. Think the original one fits the large body type/bruiser build better.
- Male Dwarf 2C looks a bit too human/soft.
- Not a fan of the Gith changes -- they look too human already, I think. Would be great if they looked more alien and feral. It's a shame that all the characters speak the same language and seem to share largely the same culture in this game.

I love, love most of the changes to the elfs, gnomes and half-elfs, and quite like what's been done to the tieflings, too. Looking forward to further iterations of the mod + your vision on BBA!
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

I unpacked it the mod, picked the heads I wanted and replaced the faces I wanted (including from other mods not already used in this pack), so as to maintain full control of my replacements. I'm extremely pleased with the results, and I don't think I'll need to make any adjustments in the future.

Also, got cheeky and did a little experiment, replacing Human M Head D with the Deva head (model from a different mod), keeping D's textures with a slight tweak, and the vibe of the original face is still there, as the structure and textures are similar. Successfully replaces Ser Aylin's face too, for those curious or interested. I then replaced Head I (the last head) with the original Head D, along with D's textures, and switched my dude's head to Head I so he now can be more unique without important characters wearing his face everywhere.

TL;DR: Replaced Head D with Deva face, minus textures to keep the overall vibe of Head D, replaced Head I with Head D entirely. Eating my cake and having it, too. (Remains to be seen if there will be rigging issues, but I assume not for regular NPCs like Rugan, etc., as I doubt the NPCs with generic Tav faces have their own rigs. Will update if I notice any wonkiness with Deva-faced NPCs.)
Last edited by Envergence on January 26th, 2024, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.
Silver

Post by Silver »

@Envergence
I humbly require some screenshots when you get to see the face in game, cause I love Deva face and I think it'd be great to have it in game more.
Envergence

Post by Envergence »

Silver wrote: January 26th, 2024, 02:08
@Envergence
I humbly require some screenshots when you get to see the face in game, cause I love Deva face and I think it'd be great to have it in game more.
It'll be a while before I get to Rugan and the other Zhent—and way longer before I see Aylin, but it shouldn't be too long before I see Mayrina's brothers, one of whom uses Head D. In the meantime, I'll see about grabbing some screenshots of the face in action in the character creation, testing out its facial expressions and all that. :)
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

I have done a few personal customisations as well with this. One thing I can't seem to get right though is misplaced/floating beards on the new faces. What exactly can I do to fix that? The weird thing is that one head I replaced uses one from the "faces of faerun" mod, but when I replace another one with it, the beard isn't right, even though it is in the "additional" face version of FoF.

@FMLS
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Reichspepe wrote: January 26th, 2024, 10:54
I have done a few personal customisations as well with this. One thing I can't seem to get right though is misplaced/floating beards on the new faces. What exactly can I do to fix that? The weird thing is that one head I replaced uses one from the "faces of faerun" mod, but when I replace another one with it, the beard isn't right, even though it is in the "additional" face version of FoF.

@FMLS
Beards are locked to your skeleton not your head model. So there's no way to fix it other than going into blender and pulling the heads jawline forwards and down. Or creating new beards for each face. Ideally when editing models the chin area and upper lip should be locked in place
Last edited by orinEsque on January 26th, 2024, 14:37, edited 2 times in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

I think I'll just have to deal with the odd weird beard then :lol:
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Please could you test new version 2.0 and tell me on which faces you have beard problem?
Pixelargh

Post by Pixelargh »

Truly outstanding work!!! I would only keep the dwarves from the original. Being wrinkled and rugged suits them better.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

The nose on male dwarf 2B crosses the line into silly. It looks like a prosthetic part.

Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

wrote:
Humbaba does raise some good points
wrote:
@humbaba is a great addition to the HQ
wrote:
I like Humbaba.
wrote:
you've all caused@Humbaba to post something I agree with.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

lexo1000 wrote: January 26th, 2024, 15:45
Please could you test new version 2.0 and tell me on which faces you have beard problem?
I'll try when I have the time, but I think it might have more to do with me having changed some faces around a bit.
Last edited by Reichspepe on January 28th, 2024, 13:30, edited 2 times in total.
Calumininium

Post by Calumininium »

Female Human 1A and 1F were perfect I don't feel like they needed change
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Calumininium wrote: January 28th, 2024, 04:16
Female Human 1A and 1F were perfect I don't feel like they needed change
These heads (like many others) were changed to increase diversity. Heads 3A & 3F are keep vanilla.
Last edited by lexo1000 on January 28th, 2024, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.