We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Rusty's BG3 Mods & Tweaks (Tactician debloat, anti-annoyance

Game development hub. Projects, modding, and resources.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Rusty's BG3 Mods & Tweaks (Tactician debloat, anti-annoyance

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Tactician debloat:
Tactician by default has a global 30% HP bonus for all mobs. This removes the bonus.

https://hosted.rpghq.org/Pu8DMCfDk8nv.p ... ebloat.pak

Install using BG3 mod manager
https://github.com/LaughingLeader/BG3ModManager

Also requires Full Release Mod Fixer, you MUST install this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=files

Make sure you setup your exe/data path in BG3ModManager correctly or else it will fail to install. If you get a dependency error when installing, it means you didn't do this. I think it may be done automatically on windows.
Anti-annoying sounds/effects:
There's quite a few annoying effects, I poked around in the files until I figured out how to disable the sounds & effects for them. Specifically, I'm referring to effects that repeatedly trigger by simply having a dialogue.
You probably shouldn't download this yet. The only effect I've disabled is Bloodlust potion. I also haven't really tested it.
Going to go through the other elixirs and disable most of those sounds too, plus the Arcane Ward sound.

Technically, this completely overwrites the existing effects, but as it's an adaptation of an existing ruleset there should never be any conflict. There's no way to simply modify a single property of an effect, you have to completely overwrite it.

https://hosted.rpghq.org/7DYID47tm01z.p ... oyance.pak

If you want to use it, you must follow this:
Install using BG3 mod manager
https://github.com/LaughingLeader/BG3ModManager

Also requires Full Release Mod Fixer, you MUST install this:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/ ... ?tab=files
I'm posting it early so I can get some feedback on any effects you guys might find annoying.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Played for 9 hours with this enabled, enabled it mid-game. No issues.

It's just a minor change in the game's database.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 8th, 2023, 03:52

Is that value always referenced from the database or does it cache in your save after you meet the enemy / damage it?
Curious if this will retroactively apply to areas / enemies I've already seen.

(Health Bloat was one of the biggest turn offs for me.. I wanted the improved AI but didn't want to make battles take 20 minutes longer)
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: August 8th, 2023, 16:58

Is that value always referenced from the database or does it cache in your save after you meet the enemy / damage it?

(Health Bloat was one of the biggest turn offs for me.. I wanted the improved AI but didn't want to make battles take 20 minutes longer)
Should apply retroactively as long as the mod is loaded.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 8th, 2023, 17:04

You can save mid-combat though.. that means your save file for enemy health states is represented either as "damage applied" or a % of health. :Inspector:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: August 8th, 2023, 17:07

You can save mid-combat though.. that means your save file for enemy health states is represented either as "damage applied" or a % of health. :Inspector:
I have no idea, feel free to test it out and let me know.
I find tactician to be quite good with this mod though. I don't know why they added a flat 30% HP bonus when it already controls a bunch of other things.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 8th, 2023, 17:18

I find tactician to be quite good with this mod though. I don't know why they added a flat 30% HP bonus when it already controls a bunch of other things.
It adds more enemies to certain fights too? (Tactician, not the Mod I mean)
I'm doing a balanced playthrough right now.. trying to learn the mechanics and futz around with builds / abilities. For the most part it's been a little too easy for me although there was one fight I needed to use some good ol barrelmancy on.. But quite honestly that fight was just retardedly overtuned IMO.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: August 8th, 2023, 18:47
It adds more enemies to certain fights too? (Tactician, not the Mod I mean)
It did in DOS2, I don't know if it does in BG3 as I haven't checked.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

mod description wrote:
As an irl gigachad with a monstercock, I got tired of all the microdicks in the game. Time to upgrade to a more realistic size!

So I went down to local print-shop and got a 3d render of my gigadick so that people can apply it to their futa characters. Now you can use the totally 100% realistic render of my own gigacock to mog everyone in the game!
This guy sounds like an expert. Larian should hire him.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 8th, 2023, 17:18

Do you know why they gave a flat +2 to proficiency at all levels for that difficulty?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

J1M wrote: August 9th, 2023, 23:03
Do you know why they gave a flat +2 to proficiency at all levels for that difficulty?
I have no idea.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

So far I don't find anything annoying, but I also don't have any arcane casters in my party.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

I wish game devs weren't so embarrassed about accurately including difficulty information in game. Must have focus tested poorly with journos.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

removed the sound from the arcane cultivation elixirs and from transmutation wizard's arcane ward, op updated.

Post by 1998 »

Need a mod to remove those gay crouching voices
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

We need a mod that shows what you get at future levels when leveling up.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Holy shit, there's so many gay voices in this game, you've got to be more specific than that?
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I think he means that sometimes when your character(s) will scale a wall, or a stair, or even a more elevated rock, they will (depending on your settings) grunt, and what-not.

I'm not sure if that's not already an in-game option, or if it actually needs external tweaking.

Post by 1998 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 10th, 2023, 18:48
1998 wrote: August 10th, 2023, 17:52
Be more specific.
I mean the whispering when crouching, I hate it. I actually turn off my headphones while crouching.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

1998 wrote: August 11th, 2023, 10:29
Be more specific.
I mean the whispering when crouching, I hate it. I actually turn off my headphones while crouching.
There should be a switch somewhere that turns whispering on while crouching, and that should be easy to ender unflippable, but it might be very hard to find it unless you kmow where to look. Makes me wonder if whispering is some effect that has been applied to the voice-lines, or if it's seperate voice-lines entirely. If it's the latter, it shouldn't be hard to find and replace. I can't do it, because I don't want to go digging voice-lines and potentially get spoiled on whatever.

But what you ask should be fully doable.
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I do believe there is a setting in the game menu to change the frequency of the generic voice lines your character says.

Post by 1998 »

logincrash wrote: September 9th, 2023, 14:01
I do believe there is a setting in the game menu to change the frequency of the generic voice lines your character says.
Yeah thanks, I obviously put that on never.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Be more specific.
It kinda annoyed me too, but I've got used to it after a while.

I would say much more valid annoyance than some entitled shitlords have about the Narrator.
Yeah, I preferred the one from Divinity Original Sin II too, but I've seen people asking/demanding/pleading for an option/mod because the Narrator triggers their "mIsOpHoNiA"

I mean, I get it, my autism doesn't like certain sounds either, but I doubt anyone would be bothered to re-record all the lines the Narrators have that maybe 14 people would appreciate.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: September 9th, 2023, 18:59

I would say much more valid annoyance than some entitled shitlords have about the Narrator.
Yeah, I preferred the one from Divinity Original Sin II too, but I've seen people asking/demanding/pleading for an option/mod because the Narrator triggers their "mIsOpHoNiA"

I mean, I get it, my autism doesn't like certain sounds either, but I doubt anyone would be bothered to re-record all the lines the Narrators have that maybe 14 people would appreciate.
You really think that only 14 people would choose a male narrator?
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

J1M wrote: September 9th, 2023, 20:54
Slavic Sorcerer wrote: September 9th, 2023, 18:59

You really think that only 14 people would choose a male narrator?
Yeah, I believe more people would prefer the male narrator overall. This one is not that bad, I've got used to her, and I like some lines she speaks like insidious voice in your head.
But narration wise - yeah, the male one was better, more...lively so to speak