We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Finished games allowing people to pay extra to play them early is cancerous

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Finished games allowing people to pay extra to play them early is cancerous

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Release Date:
Feb 21, 2023
Pre-order your Digital Deluxe Edition for exclusive early access on February 17, 2023 @ 15:00 GMT.
Really hope Steam does something about this before every game is selling excloosive access if you pay more. That time period it allows you to play before others is going to just keep growing to make the offer look better.

There's no excuse, it's not early access, this is a finished product already done and available.
viata

Post by viata »

Another reason to pirate games. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

This doesn't bother me because I typically don't buy/play games until a year or more after release when they're discounted and patched up. A specific developer won't be able to get away with this practice if they slip up and release a Cyberpunk-tier disaster either.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

To me this goes hand-in-hand with pre-purchasing anyway. I rarely buy games on release anymore because as @Roguey says most of them are in terrible shape. And usually if you wait a year you'll get a significant discount.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Waiting only a year is still optimistic. These days it's Early Access, then Release, then Patches, then DLC, then more Patches, etc. I swear it takes 3+ years for a game to be truly finished.