We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Bros Playing Together Suggestion and Planning Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Bros Playing Together Suggestion and Planning Thread

Post by Tweed »

It's come to my attention that some (at least one other person) people want to play things with other bros and by things I mean things that resemble RPGs and by bros I mean @Kalarion

Taking what we've learned from the past we should probably plan in advance what we want to play, who wants to play it, and most importantly when. So it'd sure be swell if people who want to play together would suggest games and times when they're available so we could enjoy being shackled to one another while we try to make the numbers go up. Now I don't have just a whole lot of experience in playing most of these games with other people because I have no friends so there's a big emphasis on the suggestion part, especially from people who are in the know.

I'm currently available at most hours and just off the top of my steam list I have:
Grim Dawn (never played)
Borderlands 1 and 2 (meh)
Titan Quest
System Shock 2 (good luck getting that to run multiplayer)
Torchlight 2
Dead Island and Riptide (kinda sorta fun)
Outward (which has a mod for more players, no idea how good it is because Rusty stopped playing after he stepped on a nail)
Two Worlds (heh)

I'm sure I have more that I'm forgetting, but I'd like to see what people have to say/suggest.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Dark Souls 1 should be playable in multiplayer via DSFix. Alternatively, most other Souls games are also playable with friends.

On the topic of Dead Island, Dying Light can also be played in coop.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

J1M wrote: March 19th, 2024, 14:51
I was interested until I saw the game list.
I don't want to play with illiterate people anyway.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Two Worlds II has multi-player doesn't it? Didn't get to play much but I liked the first game.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

Nevergrind Online could work. There's also FF XI. I have an account on Nasomi (private FF XI server that goes up to Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion), it's pretty fun.
Last edited by Kalarion on March 19th, 2024, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 19th, 2024, 14:31
Has anyone here tried Everquest? Pretty cool old-school MMO.
Bro I wish MMOs weren't in the such shit state they are right now.
Watser
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Watser »

Otherwise Serious Sam TFE+TSE are pretty fun with friends
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Tweed wrote: March 20th, 2024, 21:11
How bout Left 4 Dead, ya'll motherfuckers like Left 4 Dead?
I got banned from my group of L4D regulars because I did a racism
Watser
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Watser »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 20th, 2024, 21:25
Tweed wrote: March 20th, 2024, 21:11
How bout Left 4 Dead, ya'll motherfuckers like Left 4 Dead?
Lmao me too, I think it was in L4D 2 and I was playing as the fat nigger. I was incapacitated and hanging from a ledge so naturally I did a racism over voice chat.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Vergil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 15:36
Two Worlds II has multi-player doesn't it? Didn't get to play much but I liked the first game.
If it is anything like the first ones multiplayer, it will suck. The first I thought an excellent game single player having the Gothic vibe in terms of a fairly open world with non-scaling enemies, but the way they had to break it up for multiplayer to work destroyed its charm.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Two Worlds 1 was the only RPG I've ever seen my dad try. He even pre-ordered it, a copy for him on the Xbox and one for me on PC. He watched the opening cutscene where your titty sister speaks forsooth verily and then returned it. Our PC couldn't run my copy.
Good times.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Tweed wrote: March 19th, 2024, 13:42
It's come to my attention that some (at least one other person) people want to play things with other bros and by things I mean things that resemble RPGs and by bros I mean @Kalarion

Taking what we've learned from the past we should probably plan in advance what we want to play, who wants to play it, and most importantly when. So it'd sure be swell if people who want to play together would suggest games and times when they're available so we could enjoy being shackled to one another while we try to make the numbers go up. Now I don't have just a whole lot of experience in playing most of these games with other people because I have no friends so there's a big emphasis on the suggestion part, especially from people who are in the know.

I'm currently available at most hours and just off the top of my steam list I have:
Grim Dawn (never played)
Titan Quest
Torchlight 2
Outward (which has a mod for more players, no idea how good it is because Rusty stopped playing after he stepped on a nail)
Two Worlds (heh)

I'm sure I have more that I'm forgetting, but I'd like to see what people have to say/suggest.
What about Deep Rock Galactic? (though I'd rather play an RPG)
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Kalarion wrote: March 19th, 2024, 16:24
Nevergrind Online could work. There's also FF XI. I have an account on Nasomi (private FF XI server that goes up to Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion), it's pretty fun.
Can confirm that Nevergrind Online is fun, and it does inspire lots of trading.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Kalarion wrote: March 21st, 2024, 13:29
What about OSRS? I've never played it before.
OSRS is the embodiment of "play alone, together". It's not really a group game, and repudiates the notion that MMOs must be inherently social.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 20th, 2024, 21:25
you are hired
Anon

Post by Anon »

Great idea my guy
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 21st, 2024, 20:28
OSRS is the embodiment of "play alone, together". It's not really a group game, and repudiates the notion that MMOs must be inherently social.
OSRS got plenty of content to be done in teams, though sure most of its content can be soloed, but it can be seen as a plus, you being able to do any content without having the need to wait for other people holding you back.

Plus there is literally a group mode (group ironman).

Best MMORPG in the market by far.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 21st, 2024, 19:40
Tweed wrote: March 19th, 2024, 13:42

Grim Dawn (never played)
Titan Quest
Torchlight 2
Two Worlds (heh)

What about Deep Rock Galactic? (though I'd rather play an RPG)
I don't own it.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 21st, 2024, 20:28
it also doesn't really seem that fun...
Anon

Post by Anon »

Rusty is resented he's got scammed for his trimmed mithril set in 2006, don't take his opinion in consideration
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Anon wrote: March 24th, 2024, 20:18
Rusty is resented he's got scammed for his trimmed mithril set in 2006, don't take his opinion in consideration
No.
It was my black set. And closer to 2003 probably.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 24th, 2024, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.