We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Legends of Old, a free singleplayer RPG inspired by Everquest

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

But what about muh heckin' grouparoni? It isn't the same if I don't have to wait five hours for a group so I can sit in a corner all day!
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

While watching the trailer I thought, "wow these are some intensely shitty snowfall effects, and why is it snowing in what looks like Spring time anyways?" Then I realized it was the festive snow from this page going over the video as it were playing.

Heh, menthol cigarettes.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

at the point where you're considering playing something this ugly you really have to start admitting to the fact that you have a debilitating mmo addiction
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The Patreon page is still updated, don't know why they didn't renew the website.
https://www.patreon.com/SupportLegendsOfOld
Most recent gameplay video: https://www.patreon.com/posts/floaty-plays-and-99093460
There's no easy way to embed it other than fully downloading it via yt-dlp and reuploading to the vault, and I'm not going to bother tbh. Just click the link if you want to watch it.

Here's two unlisted videos with the developer showing how he creates levels(mapping):

Decline

Post by Decline »

Sweeper wrote: November 25th, 2023, 10:33
Looks absolutely fucking horrible, I love it.
low polycount 3D is very legible, see also Warcraft 3 and Planetside.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Decline wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 02:47
zoomers have a mental breakdown when a game doesn't have 50 shiny things flashing simultaneously
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 14:58
Decline wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 02:47
zoomers have a mental breakdown when a game doesn't have 50 shiny things flashing simultaneously
Yeah, people want AAA graphics and play, but also a thoroughly well designed in depth game system. So naturally, all developers spend the bulk of their budget on the flashy useless crap and the game systems suffer.

Well, that and the fact that many people have a cognitive dissonance as it concerns the difference between a "Game" and that of "Entertainment", which is why all of the "Game" aspects are continuously stripped out to favor the convenience of entertainment.

It is like trying to build software for a client who can't seem to figure out the difference between what they "want" as it concerns what they actually "need" and so you go in this infinite circle of providing them what they ask for only for them to realize that isn't what they wanted.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

difference is that warcraft3 looked nice, this one looks very ugly
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

asf wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 15:25
My only complaint here is the textures are too low resolution.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

asf wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 15:25
All things considered, I would take a shit looking game that has a very well designed system of play filled with proper risk vs reward (old standards, not modern) over some fancy trash that is essentially a gimmick to appeal to graphic whoring.