We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Wokeless Wrath 1.0 — Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Dunadan

Wokeless Wrath 1.0 — Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous

Post by Dunadan »

Disclaimer

This mod was created for those that wish to see a more traditional representation of a fictional, high fantasy world that is ostensibly supposed to be 'medieval' in terms of culture and technology. In the past, this has been represented in its most common form as being deeply rooted in medieval Europe and its cultures.

In modern times, efforts to increase 'diversity' and 'representation' have meant that certain elements are included in such games that seem out of place and, for some, take away from the realism and immersion of the setting. Furthermore, such elements often appear to be inserted in a token manner that is distasteful to some, merely serving to put a 'check in the box' to meet diversity quotas of one sort or another.

This mod seeks to return the game to a state as it would have been made in a bygone time, with these 'certain elements' altered (or removed) in order to have the setting fit the more traditional paradigm.

It is hoped that this effort does not cause division, but rather allows people to play the game and enjoy it in the manner in which they choose, free of judgement... as all games and mods should be.

Overview

This mod implements the following changes to the base game of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  1. All romance options are limited to heterosexual in nature.
  2. The female character Anevia has been changed to be a male character named Anevian. Character models, dialog, voiceover audio, banter audio, portraits, etc have been carefully modified to reflect this change.
  3. The recruitable NPC Seelah has been changed to Seelie, a character with an ethnicity more suited to a medieval European setting. Character models, dialog, voiceover audio, banter audio, portraits, etc have been carefully modified to reflect this change.
  4. The recruitable NPC Sosiel has been changed to be a heterosexual character with an ethnicity more suited to a medieval European setting. Character models, dialog, and portraits have been carefully modified to reflect this change.
  5. The NPC Trever has been changed to be a character with an ethnicity more suited to a medieval European setting. Character models, dialog, and portraits have been carefully modified to reflect this change.
  6. Various other changes, minor in detail, meant to ensure consistency with the overall theme of returning the game to a more traditional medieval European setting.
MOD USERS:
As you play through, please make notes of any other instances you consider 'woke', post them under this thread, and I'll see about adding changes to future versions!

Comparison Videos & Screenshots

Before

After

ImageImageImageImage

Downloads
FilesVersionTypeDescription
📥 WOKELESS WRATH 1.0MainMain mod package

Changelog
► Show Spoiler

Installation

NOTE: This mod currently has no language localization. It is for the English version only.
  1. The mod RAR contains two folders:
    • [Wrath_Main_Game_Folder]
    • [Wrath_Customization_Folder]
  2. The [Wrath_Customization_Folder] contents should be placed in the folder where 'Owlcat Modifications' mods and game settings files are located. If any overwrites are expected, it is suggested that backup files be made. The path of this folder is usually at the following location (in Windows):
    • C:\Users\{username}\AppData\LocalLow\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous
  3. The [Wrath_Main_Game_Folder] contents should be placed in the main game folder. Numerous overwrites will be requested. It is recommended that backups be made of all files expected to be overwritten.
  4. One of the files extracted is a patcher for the game text and dialog file:
    • [Wrath_Main_Game_Folder]\Wrath_Data\StreamingAssets\Localization\enGBpatcher.exe
  5. This patcher is a Python executable that modifies text and dialog in the game enGB.json file. It should automatically be extracted to the folder location of enGB.json and, when run, will automatically create a backup of the default enGB.json, apply the patches necessary for the mod, and save a new enGB.json for the purposes of the mod.[br][/br]
  6. That's it! Start a new game, and enjoy!

Uninstallation

To uninstall the mod, simply delete all the files introduced by the mod and restore all backup versions of the files made during the install process.

If you didn't make any backups where suggested during install... tough luck!

Reporting Bugs

To report any bugs, please submit a post in the Mod Support section and mention my username.

Credits

Last edited by loregamer on May 10th, 2024, 20:37, edited 20 times in total.
Reason: Borple titles

Tags:
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

@Dunadan Very well done! And Congratz on this huge undertaking.
Now some before and after pictures would be much appreciated <3
Huge thanks! I can finally play this game now!
Last edited by orinEsque on May 9th, 2024, 14:19, edited 2 times in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

This is a great start, thank you! You have your hands full trying to unDEI Paizo's world.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

This mod was created for those that wish to see a more traditional representation of a fictional, high fantasy world that is ostensibly supposed to be 'medieval' in terms of culture and technology. In the past, this has been represented in its most common form as being deeply rooted in medieval Europe and its cultures.
You can remove all the faggots and blacks that you want, but this isn't Golarion. It was a futuristic world that underwent an apocalypse. You can explore the high-tech ruins of the bygone world in the game itself and meet one of the survivors of the previous era.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Roguey wrote: May 8th, 2024, 21:36
You can remove all the faggots and blacks that you want, but this isn't Golarion. It was a futuristic world that underwent an apocalypse. You can explore the high-tech ruins of the bygone world in the game itself and meet one of the survivors of the previous era.
nobody cares
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

I've always thought this was a rather stupid take. The only way racially disparate individuals will exist in a non-segregationist society is if the different races only came together from their respective ethnic homelands in recent history. Otherwise, it would only take a few generations before all the people of the society would become homogeneous through intermarriage.

In the case of Golarion, this 'apocalypse' (Earthfall) happened more than 9000 years before the current day in the world lore. Any traces of different races coexisting in advanced civilizations before the downfall would have LONG, LONG ago been wiped out by interbreeding. It's nonsensical to think otherwise.

The only other way racially disparate individuals can be explained rationally in such a world is if the societies are NOT non-segregationist and enclaves of racially similar people were racist towards one another and only bred with other people like them.
Last edited by Dunadan on May 9th, 2024, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

gerey wrote: May 8th, 2024, 22:52
Is it even humanly possible to unwoke this game?
I'm not sure :) But I'm willing to give it a try. I'm 100% certain not everything got caught because I have never played through the whole game... I stopped to do the work I've done after the Prologue. I plan to take many notes during a playthrough and will endeavour to make necessary updates as I go. I hope others that play heed my request to post things they find here as well to help compile a list of things to work on.
Last edited by Dunadan on May 9th, 2024, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 00:00
I've always thought this was a rather stupid take. The only way racially disparate individuals will exist in a non-segregationist society is if the different races only came together from their respective ethnic homelands in recent history. Otherwise, it would only take a few generations before all the people of the society would become homogeneous through intermarriage.
America's been non-segregationist for 60 years and different races still exist and will continue to exist for quite a while.

South of the border, you have all sorts of castizos and mestizos, they didn't become one race despite all that Spanish/Portuguese breeding.
The only other way racially disparate individuals can be explained rationally in such a world is if the societies are NOT non-segregationist and enclaves of racially similar people were racist towards one another and only bred with other people like them.
Romantic preferences are not racist.
Last edited by Roguey on May 9th, 2024, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Well done - now, I haven't gotten to that game in particular yet, but if the changes made in the mod is an indication, I haven't missed much... However, being pretty fresh out of Rogue Trader, Owlcat's latest game, I might give both the game and the mod a try.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Legendary release, thanks dude. :bounce:

My friend bought me this game for my birthday and I've been stalling until this was done. Now I don't have to feel bad about not playing it :Inspector:
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

Roguey wrote: May 9th, 2024, 00:59

America's been non-segregationist for 60 years and different races still exist and will continue to exist for quite a while.

South of the border, you have all sorts of castizos and mestizos, they didn't become one race despite all that Spanish/Portuguese breeding.
Are you seriously trying to equate 60 years and 500 years with over 9000? You're arguing my case for me that this is a stupid take.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I've always thought this was a rather stupid take.
Nice! You know, you can respond to all of roguey's posts with that sentence.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

Romantic preferences are not racist.
Romantic preferences along racial lines are racist by definition. Your issue is that you are stuck in the "muh racism bad" mindset. There's nothing inherently wrong with discrimination or stereotypes.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 03:11

Are you seriously trying to equate 60 years and 500 years with over 9000? You're arguing my case for me that this is a stupid take.
Rand

Post by Rand »

anonusername wrote: May 9th, 2024, 06:05
Romantic preferences along racial lines are racist by definition.
Not by the standard definition of "racism".
Mating outside one's race often creates terrible genetic issues, so it's no wonder evolution is against it.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Dunadan wrote: May 9th, 2024, 03:11
You're the one who said "it would only take a few generations" After 9000 years, who knows? No reliable data to observe such a thing.

I know that Numenera insisted that everyone be some mixed-race shade of brown and that was met by resistance by one of the devs on Torment: Tides of Numenera.
gastovski

Post by gastovski »

thanks for the mod. i dont care race colors or cultures that much but lgbt shit was so fucking bad you did awesome job to make them go away.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Roguey wrote: May 9th, 2024, 11:16
I know that Numenera insisted that everyone be some mixed-race shade of brown and that was met by resistance by one of the devs on Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Aren't they not even humans, but some random other species that evolved into an exact replica of humans after a billion years, right down to having commiefornia shitlib political opinions?
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

I see a game that has an obvious setting where having non whites wouldn't make sense. I see a game where devs made up bullshit to shoehorn non whites. I desire a mod that removes such shoehorned elements. I don't see what's there to argue about.
Last edited by orinEsque on May 9th, 2024, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

Rand wrote: May 9th, 2024, 08:37
anonusername wrote: May 9th, 2024, 06:05
Romantic preferences along racial lines are racist by definition.
Not by the standard definition of "racism".
Mating outside one's race often creates terrible genetic issues, so it's no wonder evolution is against it.
Just because racial discrimination is rational doesn't make it not racist.
Rand

Post by Rand »

orinEsque wrote: May 9th, 2024, 13:21
I see a game that has an obvious setting where having non whites wouldn't make sense.
As with the crusades and the reconquista and the golden horde and the Ottoman invasion of Anatolia in the real world, some non-whites make sense, in some areas.
But strangely copious random nativized blacks (and orientals, but let's face it, it's the blacks that are mainly pushed) in all of the medieval white nations DOES NOT make sense.

Why is it blacks? Because they stand out the most, so the self-negating race-worship of the woke white race communist retards (and the race narcissism of the blacks) is at the highest level.
Last edited by Rand on May 9th, 2024, 15:56, edited 4 times in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Rand wrote: May 9th, 2024, 15:51
I see a game that has an obvious setting where having non whites wouldn't make sense.
As with the crusades and the reconquista and the golden horde and the Ottoman invasion of Anatolia in the real world, some non-whites make sense, in some areas.
But strangely copious random nativized blacks (and orientals, but let's face it, it's the blacks that are mainly pushed) in all of the medieval white nations DOES NOT make sense.

Why is it blacks? Because they stand out the most, so the self-negating race-worship of the woke white race communist retards (and the race narcissism of the blacks) is at the highest level.
I agree, 1 or 2 ambitious merchants from black nations would make sense. As would middle eastern skin tones. But as with BG3 act 3, pathfinder crowds are almost entirely black. I said this somewhere before, I'm not here for white supremacist story telling but non-woke story telling.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

orinEsque wrote: May 9th, 2024, 16:33
Rand wrote: May 9th, 2024, 15:51

I agree, 1 or 2 ambitious merchants from black nations would make sense. As would middle eastern skin tones. But as with BG3 act 3, pathfinder crowds are almost entirely black. I said this somewhere before, I'm not here for white supremacist story telling but non-woke story telling.
I'm here for the white supremacy but I'll settle for not woke if I have to
Silver

Post by Silver »

Terribly happy to see 1.0 release! Congratulations, Dunadan!
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Sosiel was, in my opinion, probably the least obnoxious gay video game character I've ever seen.

The rest of the game is obnoxious in many areas but I just wanted to put this on record.

Also, great job! You clearly went to a LOT of effort designing this mod.

Edit: Wow, the character models are excellent. Are they custom made or did you use the character creator as a jumping off point?
Last edited by SoLong on May 9th, 2024, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

SoLong wrote: May 9th, 2024, 17:17
Sosiel was, in my opinion, probably the least obnoxious gay video game character I've ever seen.
Wasn't his mopey gay-bitch whininess annoying?
Dunadan

Post by Dunadan »

SoLong wrote: May 9th, 2024, 17:17

The rest of the game is obnoxious in many areas but I just wanted to put this on record.
Noted. I only got as far as the Prologue before deciding to make this mod so I haven't had the 'Sosiel experience' yet. As for whether he's obnoxious or not, it's really too bad... this is a perfect example of having too much of something in the name of 'good'. Had Sosiel been a diamond in the rough and well presented as a homosexual character, that'd be great! But my problem is the fact that LGBTQ2SIA+ stuff is so shoehorned and all modern media is so oversaturated with it that I just want ONE THING that doesn't have any of it. Enough is enough. We get it: gay people exist. I don't have a problem with them. But I also don't need to be constantly and forever reminded that they exist in all the media I consume, thanks.
Also, great job! You clearly went to a LOT of effort designing this mod.

Edit: Wow, the character models are excellent. Are they custom made or did you use the character creator as a jumping off point?
No custom models, game puts the models together on a modular basis by default... all I had to do was edit the character files to display different body parts (head, hair etc) and set a different colour to them.

If you're going to play and use this mod... I can't say this enough: PLEASE make note of things missed that should be changed, because there will be A LOT of them. Like I said, I only made it as far as the end of the Prologue before creating this mod, so I'm sure there's a ton of stuff that I missed just because I'm not yet aware of it from not having done a single full playthrough myself.