Official HQ review of El Matador is live, check it out: viewtopic.php?p=103777-el-matador
We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/
Support RPGHQ
HQ doesn't use ads or trackers; we rely entirely on donations from the community to fund operations and development. This independence ensures we can continue without any outside interference.

Click here to see donation options.

Appearance Edit Enhanced 3.0.7 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

loregamer

Appearance Edit Enhanced 3.0.7 — Baldur's Gate 3

Post by loregamer »

Hosted on Nexus.

Thread with direct Nexus download links incase the mod is ever hidden again.

Overview
Enables changing ANY character's body type and race, as well as editing Origin characters in the Mirror.

Requires Script Extender.

Downloads
FilesVersionTypeDescription
Image Appearance Edit Enhanced3.0.10MainCompatible on Hotfix 21.
Image Appearance Edit Origins2.0.1OptionalAllows editing the appearance of Origin Characters and unlocks Origin CC options.
Old Versions
► Show Spoiler

Uninstallation
Remove the mod like you would any other. Be aware, if you resculpted to a different Race/Body Type, you may see issues with your character in the Respec, Mirror, and Level-up screens after you uninstall. Re-installing should fix these. Make sure to export your mod load order and delete the modsettings.lsx file entirely.

You'll also want to do the following in SE console to remove transformations from any characters you previously altered:
► Remove Transformations

Credits
Last edited by loregamer on April 26th, 2024, 03:54, edited 26 times in total.

Tags:
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

Also if you have steam and want to forcefully prevent Steam from updating your game, you can go to steamapps folder and set appmanifest_1086940.acf to read only:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by loregamer on February 23rd, 2024, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

My my, what a big fish you've caught. I want the trashcan mod now.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 23rd, 2024, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

orinEsque wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 18:39
More where that came from then. I've got Transmog Enhanced and Trashcan in my archives.

I sorta hated the trashcan mod and uninstalled it but if you really want it, I'll upload it lol
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

loregamer wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 18:41
orinEsque wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 18:39
More where that came from then. I've got Transmog Enhanced and Trashcan in my archives.

I sorta hated the trashcan mod and uninstalled it but if you really want it, I'll upload it lol
it's useful if its working for clearing out crap, in case you want to rid yourself of script extender items.
Did I make your game better? Consider a donation: PayPal. Subscribe to my mod updates on SUBSCRIBESTAR
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

How would y'all feel about me maintaining this for us, but without the "Resculpt" spell?

I'm still wrapping my head around how Eralyne implemented this, but it seems like the Resculpt part allows you to completely re-design both Tav/Origin characters into a whole new design as if you're starting a character from scratch, and then it copies whatever tags and flags it can onto your "new" character and destroys your old one. It's a wild ride of spaghetti code how they got it working originally that it doesn't even seem worth it. I don't want to spend weeks fixing it just so people can turn Astarion into a Tiefling twink haha.

Just maintaining the unlocking the Magic Mirror part of the mod seems totally doable and worth it though.
AtomicSpaceKitty

Post by AtomicSpaceKitty »

Thank you for uploading this here. <3 I noticed it had been taken down on Nexus. I use the Magic Mirror part (for my Tav and companion characters) all the time.
Kowe

Post by Kowe »

loregamer wrote: February 24th, 2024, 23:05
How would y'all feel about me maintaining this for us, but without the "Resculpt" spell?

I'm still wrapping my head around how Eralyne implemented this, but it seems like the Resculpt part allows you to completely re-design both Tav/Origin characters into a whole new design as if you're starting a character from scratch, and then it copies whatever tags and flags it can onto your "new" character and destroys your old one. It's a wild ride of spaghetti code how they got it working originally that it doesn't even seem worth it. I don't want to spend weeks fixing it just so people can turn Astarion into a Tiefling twink haha.

Just maintaining the unlocking the Magic Mirror part of the mod seems totally doable and worth it though.
Origin Characters is likely not an issue soon, so you probably do not have to trouble yourself with the Resculpt feature.

With the help of Orin's spreadsheets about Visuals (downloaded them in time), I went through the Wylla mod. While I haven't figured out everything yet, it progresses well. Having also looked through various Base Game Files, that mod makes use of much code the Wylla mod consists of. So it is to a great degree copy & paste. And then just switching around IDs/values, which also works with other loaded mods. Gale Pal and Femstrarion should work very similar even if they have more to edit. In comparison, Lae'zel has the least amount of separate IDs, which can be explained by her lack of any "transformations".
It is without use of any custom meshes from .GR2 files or anything.
Here is the result so far:

By the end of the next weekend, I should have it all figured out. Only missing how to add: Freckles, Maturity, Vitiligo Pigmentation, Hair Highlights, Horn Colour, Horn Tip Colour, and anything with an RGB Colour value*.
There are NPCs which use some of the character features listed. Meaning, they likely have some data to look over. Like Ethel for Maturity, Wyll himself for Heterochromia. Only Vigiligo Pigmentation might be tricky, no one with it comes to mind for me.
Once finished, I will then post a Female Wyll mod with a (not 100 % complete) localization file to change her name if anyone wants to add it to, for example, the NoAlphabetLingo one manually.
Then it is time to change the other companions, starting with FemGale and then FemAstarion, before MaleKarlach. :scratch:

*An easier way to translate the Character Creation Presets to the RGB values.
Last edited by Kowe on February 25th, 2024, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

Kowe wrote: February 25th, 2024, 02:29

Origin Characters is likely not an issue soon, so you probably do not have to trouble yourself with the Resculpt feature.

With the help of Orin's spreadsheets about Visuals (downloaded them in time), I went through the Wylla mod. While I haven't figured out everything yet, it progresses well. Having also looked through various Base Game Files, that mod makes use of much code the Wylla mod consists of. So it is to a great degree copy & paste. And then just switching around IDs/values, which also works with other loaded mods. Gale Pal and Femstrarion should work very similar even if they have more to edit. In comparison, Lae'zel has the least amount of separate IDs, which can be explained by her lack of any "transformations".

By the end of the next weekend, I should have it all figured out. Only missing how to add: Heterochromia, Freckles, Maturity, Vitiligo Pigmentation, Hair Highlights, Hair Greying, Horn Colour, Horn Tip Colour, Metallic Tint Level for Makeup and Lips, Lip Colour*, and Tattoo Colour.
There are NPCs which use some of the character features listed. Meaning, they likely have some data to look over. Like Ethel for Maturity, Wyll himself for Heterochromia. Only Vigiligo Pigmentation might be tricky, no one with it comes to mind for me.
Once finished, I will then post a Female Wyll mod with a (not 100 % complete) localization file to change her name if anyone wants to add it to, for example, the NoAlphabetLingo one manually.
Then it is time to change the other companions, starting with FemGale and then FemAstarion, before MaleKarlach. :scratch:

Hi Kiwe,
I've updated the Spreadsheets with a LOT more information. I'll PM you the password. Glad it helped :D [and that looks really nice :D]
Last edited by orinEsque on February 25th, 2024, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.
Kowe

Post by Kowe »

orinEsque wrote: February 25th, 2024, 05:28
Kowe wrote: February 25th, 2024, 02:29

By the end of the next weekend, I should have it all figured out. Only missing how to add: Heterochromia, Freckles, Maturity, Vitiligo Pigmentation, Hair Highlights, Hair Greying, Horn Colour, Horn Tip Colour, Metallic Tint Level for Makeup and Lips, Lip Colour*, and Tattoo Colour.

Hi Kiwe,
I've updated the Spreadsheets with a LOT more information. I'll PM you the password. Glad it helped :D [and that looks really nice :D]
Yo, thank you very, very much, Orin! :D I looked a bit at the first two already, but have to go through them thoroughly some other time.
Oh and some development with the FemWyll Mod.
First, it is independent of Appearance Edit Enhanced. (With tested Inactivity and Deletion of the aforementioned (fixed) mod on Patch #6)
Probably even unaffected by any patch, except maybe if it breaks some mods with various assets like Hairstyles (haven't tested it yet; cause would probably be the ScriptExtender not being compatible) or it changes something with the base game files and IDs.
And we may very well only need one _merged file. Only the CharacterVisuals, to be exact. So the NPC Lookup Table spreadsheet you posted a while ago has the most important information for the companions. Will have to look into the new documents where the information can be found again.
As for Heterochromia, to give an example, it has to be in that CharacterVisuals file along with the necessary node to enable it. Applies for any other visual features too. I thought it was in the Assets folder (like with the Wylla mod) but it isn't necessary, as some content of the CharacterVisuals file may override it.
As of the 26th of February, this is the new progress (just to highlight what can be changed by this modding method):

I still do not understand every Parameter, but a few new findings:
Some are dependent on others, both have to be enabled. I.e. FrecklesWeight requires Freckles.
Horns can have something to do with the Scalp parameters, one such mentioned both as one string.

At some point, I will write a tutorial for the parameters.
Last edited by Kowe on February 25th, 2024, 23:09, edited 2 times in total.
Faceless_Sentinel

Post by Faceless_Sentinel »

Unfortunately this is the one of the crucial functionality of this mod that made it so important, because it allows you to modify other NPC/companions without taking them in the party and choosing them in the party list. In combination with mods that allows you to recruit any npc or clone any npc than recruit clone it is powerful tool that allows you to get full custom companion.

By the way, @loregamer , since you are know things in SE, is there any list o command for SE console? I would like to look at them, but i didn't find anything on SE github page like skyrim console commands table on skyrim wiki.
Last edited by Faceless_Sentinel on February 28th, 2024, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
AliciaDurge

Post by AliciaDurge »

loregamer wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 18:32
Also if you have steam and want to forcefully prevent Steam from updating your game, you can go to steamapps folder and set appmanifest_1086940.acf to read only:
► Show Spoiler
Thanks a lot!
Anon

Post by Anon »

Holy shit this is really relevant info for me and I've never seen this comment, thanks too @loregamer