We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Less Anachronism 1.3 — Small Saga

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

GotPlatinum

Less Anachronism 1.3 — Small Saga

Post by GotPlatinum »

Overview

While the game is reviewed positively by players, one notable criticism levied at it, apart from the gameplay being too easy for some, is the writing in some areas of the game. A certain character keeps repeating "lol" or some variation of it even in scenes not meant to be all that comedic, like informing the king that a ruler was deposed, resulting in a weird tonal whiplash. A nazi-coded (complete with red armband) character's dialogue mostly being about fallacies and the protagonists fighting him (in the middle of a coup, for context) is proof that they couldn't win a "civil debate." A newspaper outright saying "canceled" and "woke." Unlike Aquila, who studied human writing (something very few characters can decipher) and is even shown to have a smartphone during the climax, there isn't an attempt to even handwave it.

To put it simply, this mod is an attempt to rectify that.

Changes include:
  • Removed AGAB graffiti in Murida.
  • Reverted post-timeskip Siobhan's pronouns from they/them to she/her.
  • Changed Aquila's pronouns from they/them to he/him. Sex was chosen based on one line in the game files that has someone off-handedly refer to him as a guy.
  • Changed Aquila's "gender is arbitrary" line and slightly altered dialogue with Nemain.
  • Attempted to adjust Sky Garden dialogue (and a couple related to it) to be less obnoxious. Had to take some liberties at a couple points, particularly with Hank aka the "civil debate" guy.
  • A couple other changes I probably forgot about.
This is a work-in-progress and there's a good chance something can be improved or I missed a few things, so leave some feedback.

Downloads
FilesVersionTypeDescription
📥 Less Anachronism 1.3MainLatest release
Old Versions
► Show Spoiler

Changelog
► Show Spoiler

Known Issues
  • The red flower symbol on the overworld map doesn't flap in the wind like the other banners. My sprite editing skills aren't good enough to make it look decent, so I opted to just leave it as is.

Reporting Bugs
To report any bugs, please submit a post in the Mod Support section and mention my username.
Credits
  • GotPlatinum - Creator

My Other Mods
Installation
1. Download the zip file listed.
2. (Optional) Make a backup of the original package.nw in case something goes wrong.
3. Using 7-zip (or an equivalent), open package.nw in the game directory.
4. Drag and drop the modded files into the archive and say yes when it asks you if you want to copy/replace the files.
Last edited by GotPlatinum on May 22nd, 2024, 21:29, edited 8 times in total.

Tags:
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Probably piss easy because they were more concerned about sending a message than making a game. You're doing God's work, son. :salute:
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

V1.1 changelog:

- Fixed capitalization of "deposed" and "claims" in the newspaper headline.
- Edited out Hank's red armband to the best of my ability.
CrazedGoblin

Post by CrazedGoblin »

GotPlatinum wrote: December 8th, 2023, 07:53

While the game is reviewed positively by players, one notable criticism levied at it, apart from the gameplay being too easy for some, is the writing in some areas of the game. A certain character keeps repeating "lol" or some variation of it even in scenes meant to be serious, like informing the king that a ruler was deposed, resulting in a weird tonal whiplash. A nazi-coded (complete with red armband) character's dialogue mostly being about fallacies and the protagonists fighting him (in the middle of a coup, for context) is proof that they couldn't win a "civil debate." A newspaper outright saying "canceled" and "woke." Unlike Aquila, who studied human writing (something very few characters can decipher) and is even shown to have a smartphone during the climax, there isn't an attempt to even handwave it.

To put it simply, this mod is an attempt to rectify that.

Changes include:

- Removed AGAB graffiti in Murida.
- Reverted post-timeskip Siobhan's pronouns from they/them to she/her.
- Changed Aquila's pronouns from they/them to he/him. Sex was chosen based on one line in the game files that has someone off-handedly refer to him as a guy.
- Changed Aquila's "gender is arbitrary" line and slightly altered dialogue with Nemain.
- Attempted to adjust Sky Garden dialogue (and a couple related to it) to be less obnoxious. Had to take some liberties at a couple points, particularly with Hank aka the "civil debate" guy.
- A couple other changes I probably forgot about.

This is a work-in-progress and there's a good chance something can be improved or I missed a few things, so leave some feedback.

Installation:
1. Download the zip file listed.
2. (Optional) Make a backup of the original package.nw in case something goes wrong.
3. Using 7-zip (or an equivalent), open package.nw in the game directory.
4. Drag and drop the modded files into the archive and say yes when it asks you if you want to copy/replace the files.
TBH honest it's ALL COPS ARE FAGGOTS aka ACAF so that's better then ACAB.
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

V1.2 changelog:

- Edited out Aiden's red armband to the best of my ability
- Fixed the changed line for Josh's "make Sky Garden great again" not appearing for some reason
- Changed the word "sus" to either suspicious (Hemerodromos) or nonsense (Mr. S)
- Changed missed instance of "uwu softboi" to just "soft boy"
- Removed more instances of the word "degenerate" that I missed. The remaining one is intentionally kept.
- Other minor fixes

While this version onwards will be uploaded to the vault, mirror downloads will still be available in case something happens to it.
Catbox Mirror
Mediafire Mirror
Last edited by GotPlatinum on December 13th, 2023, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

Currently accepting suggestions on what to change the rainbow banners to, since nothing's springing to mind that isn't immersion-breaking.

ImageImageImage Image
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

WhiteShark wrote: February 27th, 2024, 10:30
Maybe something like this?

Simple, but effective. And It gave me an idea. Here's the first draft that I'm thinking of, with the red flower representing Clan Red:

Image Image Image
Last edited by GotPlatinum on February 27th, 2024, 22:50, edited 2 times in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

If you need further inspiration, here are a bunch of Japanese clan crests: https://irohakamon.com/symbol.html
The flower I posted is one of those.
GotPlatinum

Post by GotPlatinum »

Image Image Image Image

V1.3 Changelog:
- Replaced the Sky Garden rainbow banners that represent Clan Red with a simple blue banner with a red flower. Changed some dialogue to account for this, making it more about the lack of flowers rather than the rainbow banner.
- Changed a certain character's line from "you are my dearest" to "you are my best friend."
- Changed Bree and Stilton's lines related to proposing to each other.

Known Issues:
- The red flower symbol on the overworld map doesn't flap in the wind like the other banners. My sprite editing skills aren't good enough to make it look decent, so I opted to just leave it as is.

Backup Downloads:
Catbox Mirror
Mediafire Mirror
Last edited by GotPlatinum on February 29th, 2024, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.
Selrisitai

Post by Selrisitai »

That ACAB "parody" is such a basic-bitch lefty move. I played a game a while back that was largely good, but its progressive politics, both politically and socially, got in the way of properly telling the story and developing the characters, resulting in me eventually quitting out of annoyance.
It wasn't even the frustration of the politics themselves, but how they ultimately spoiled the characterization and went out of their way to insert their pet-progressive ideas into a game that shouldn't have had it.
AbleistSL

Post by AbleistSL »

Selrisitai wrote: May 12th, 2024, 16:16
That ACAB "parody" is such a basic-bitch lefty move. I played a game a while back that was largely good, but its progressive politics, both politically and socially, got in the way of properly telling the story and developing the characters, resulting in me eventually quitting out of annoyance.
It wasn't even the frustration of the politics themselves, but how they ultimately spoiled the characterization and went out of their way to insert their pet-progressive ideas into a game that shouldn't have had it.
This mod is useful if someone erroneously purchased this stupid woke game, and it would be amusing to see if the dev has an extremist bitch-fit over it.

Also the Developer is definitely woke based on them saying happy pride with the troon flag and liking woke organizations on twitter.
Last edited by AbleistSL on May 30th, 2024, 02:09, edited 1 time in total.