We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Immersive Heads 4.0 — Baldur's Gate 3

Share things you've made or found for games here.

Moderator: Mod Janitor

Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

@lexo1000 About the beards, it's basically all of them, but only a few are really noticable, like the asian human for example.

Tags:
FMLS

Post by FMLS »

Updated the instructions on how to make personal tweaks to the mod, for those interested. Current version of the export tool seems to be glitched out, and it's not necessary anyway.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Reichspepe wrote: January 28th, 2024, 13:30
@lexo1000 About the beards, it's basically all of them, but only a few are really noticable, like the asian human for example.
Beards will be fixed on next release.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Please share a savegame when you encounter an NPC with strange head animation.
Last edited by lexo1000 on January 31st, 2024, 20:04, edited 2 times in total.
Dreogan

Post by Dreogan »

Just out of curiosity (and because I'm too lazy to dig through the data myself ATM), are they using skeletal anims for all the facial stuff, or a combination of skeletal and morph targets?
Goldsnivy1

Post by Goldsnivy1 »

Is it just update 2.4 that is broken, or does that include older versions of the mod as well? And if older versions are working as intended/expected, why not include them on the post or have them replace the broken version 2.4?
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

The latest versions of the mod significantly modify the shape of the heads and this involves editing the _base files in order to have the beards and piercings in the right position. The problem is that editing vanilla _base files is super complicated because all the faces are interconnected with each other, resulting in buggy animations during dialogues. It would be way too much work to get them all to display correctly without bugs so I'm currently working on a lite version of the mod that mainly changes the textures and some head shapes, but not as drastically as before, so it won't needs to edit those pesky _base files anymore. Don't worry, the mod will still fix African and Asian heads.
Last edited by lexo1000 on February 4th, 2024, 21:26, edited 6 times in total.
Dreogan

Post by Dreogan »

lexo1000 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 07:44
The latest versions of the mod significantly modify the shape of the heads and this involves editing the _base files in order to have the beards and piercings in the right position. The problem is that editing vanilla _base files is super complicated because all the faces are interconnected with each other, resulting in buggy animations during dialogues. It would be way too much work to get them all to display correctly without bugs. So, I'm currently working on a lite version of the mod that mainly changes the textures and some head shapes, but not as drastically as before, so I won't need to edit those pesky _base files anymore. Don't worry, the mod will still fix African and Asian heads.
Thanks for the explanation, that's genuinely interesting. It also explains the horrifying (albeit hilarious) bug I was experiencing with Figaro yesterday. Looking forward to the update. Take your time.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Bug free version is uploaded and still WIP. Thanks for your patience.
Last edited by lexo1000 on February 4th, 2024, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Boyd

Post by Peter Boyd »

Strange. Your new version: Immersive heads 1.0 doesn't seem to work for me. I really did like the changes in your lore-friendly heads though.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Update 1.1 is now live with a new method for editing vanilla heads preventing animation bug & beard in the wrong position. I didnt reshape all the faces yet & the mod will improves in the following days. Stay tuned!
Last edited by lexo1000 on February 9th, 2024, 22:34, edited 4 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

These look great! Much more preferable.

If you still haven't messed with the male Tiefling heads yet, someone has already adjusted them here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/4561
Peter Boyd

Post by Peter Boyd »

Thanks for the update. Going to check it out.
FMLS

Post by FMLS »

Wanted to chime in and say that I loved the old version of the mod -- some of the animations turned slightly funky, but it was still a vastly preferable to vanilla, I reckon. Couple of comparison pics below.

LAKRISSA
Animations look normal.
► Show Spoiler
ARAJ
Slightly funky animations -- it's no bother tho, because she looks exactly Anya Taylor Joy. Not sure she's who I'd envision for the character, but at the same time it's weirdly fitting.
► Show Spoiler

Wish I had more screenshots, but I wasn't actively looking out for differences.
Peter Boyd

Post by Peter Boyd »

New version 1.3 is working for me. Thanks :) Small detail, I think you forgot to update the version number in the meta.lsx.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

Peter Boyd wrote: February 11th, 2024, 20:47
New version 1.3 is working for me. Thanks :) Small detail, I think you forgot to update the version number in the meta.lsx.
Since version 1.3, you have to install the mod manually because when I make a .pak, some heads are ignored I don't know why. So you have to copy/paste the Generated folder in you Data folder.
Last edited by lexo1000 on February 11th, 2024, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

lexo1000 wrote: February 11th, 2024, 21:43
Since version 1.3, you have to install the mod manually because when I make a .pak, some heads are ignored I don't know why. So you have to copy/paste the Generated folder in you Data folder.
I couldn't actually get the 1.2 pak to work with other mods here, like if I put it lower than Wylls of Torill, it would, for some reason, cancel it out.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

I can try and help diagnose the issue. Wanna send me the files over?
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

I can try and help diagnose the issue. Wanna send me the files over?
Thanks! I will do new test tonight (maybe linked to the LODs) and if no solution, I'll send you a .pak version of the mod. Would you like to share your Discord with me? Easier for communicate ;)
Last edited by lexo1000 on February 12th, 2024, 15:48, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Boyd

Post by Peter Boyd »

Yes, I see that now. It must be version 1.2, I have installed then. Installing and removing so many mods all the time I get confused. Going to try 1.3 as well.
Last edited by Peter Boyd on February 12th, 2024, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

I finally found the problem with .pak version of the mod. You can now install it with BG3 Mod Manager as usual (don't forget to remove old files in Generated folder).
Last edited by lexo1000 on February 15th, 2024, 14:49, edited 2 times in total.
rrmattosf

Post by rrmattosf »

I've notice a bug in the male halfling 2c head. Whenever the camera goes up or goes into tactical camera, the head starts to glow and becomes gray.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

rrmattosf wrote: February 18th, 2024, 16:49
I've notice a bug in the male halfling 2c head. Whenever the camera goes up or goes into tactical camera, the head starts to glow and becomes gray.
Thanks for letting me know. It's a LOD bug that will be fixed asap.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

I love the region-appropriate heads, but I also love my scars and blemishes and freckles and such.

This is going to be a hard one.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

Any hope for "drowifying" Araj Oblodra? She doesn't quite look the part in my eyes....
prake

Post by prake »

Hey, can you add the description for supported game version, compatibility with mods like No Alphabets, better aesthetics etc.
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

prake wrote: March 1st, 2024, 13:18
Hey, can you add the description for supported game version, compatibility with mods like No Alphabets, better aesthetics etc.
Supports all game versions - all mods.
Last edited by lexo1000 on March 1st, 2024, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

From about 600 MB to about 1 GB... quite an update. :-) Could you make a short summary of what we can expect to find, @lexo1000 ?
lexo1000

Post by lexo1000 »

The latest version updates many face textures, which explains the increase in size.