We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Assassin's Creed Shadows: we wuz samurai n shiet

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

yasuke and not a donut steel confirmed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke
Documented life in Japan

It's important to note that there are no historical writings or evidence that Yasuke was considered a samurai, he was never given a fief or referred to as one in any writings, most of our knowledge of his life comes from these messages written by missionaries and locals.
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on May 15th, 2024, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

The Japs have had enough:

It's time to throw nukes on the rest of the world

Last edited by Segata on May 15th, 2024, 17:32, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I like all the japanese people just walking past the black guy as if he's normal
iI I go to these countries as a white guy with blond hair, I get stared at. I can't imagine the stares you'd get as a tall black guy. And this is in the 21st century, they'd probably just assume he's a demon.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 15th, 2024, 17:21
I like all the japanese people just walking past the black guy as if he's normal
iI I go to these countries as a white guy with blond hair, I get stared at. I can't imagine the stares you'd get as a tall black guy. And this is in the 21st century, they'd probably just assume he's a demon.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

JP Wikipedia wrote:
[...] the presence of a black in Kyōto became well known. Sightseers swarmed in and fights and rock-throwing arose to that extent that some were gravely injured. Apparently Nobunaga, this being the first time he had seen a black, didn't belive them and wondered if he were painting his skin with ink, but upon having him undressed and washed, rather than his skin turning white, it shone yet blacker.
[...]
When asked by his retainers what to do with Yasuke, Mitsuhide replied, "The black slave is an animal and knows nothing, nor is he Japanese; for this reason, I shall not slay him," [...]
Yankee Zulu

Post by Yankee Zulu »

A monument to todays gaming. One hero is a nigger. Another one is a female.
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

I'll never not laugh at Odyssey devs wanting to make Kassandra the only option before Ubisoft execs got directly involved and told them to pull their heads of their asses.

ultimately, only a third of players actually chose to play as woman lol
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

there's a fierce SJW edit war happening right now on Wikipedia, they want to erase any mentions of yasuke being a meme and not a samurai, and/or trying to actually invent evidence about him being a samurai.

ImageImage

Last edited by aweigh on May 15th, 2024, 20:06, edited 2 times in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

lol

Last edited by aweigh on May 15th, 2024, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

nyxnyx wrote: May 15th, 2024, 19:41
I'll never not laugh at Odyssey devs wanting to make Kassandra the only option before Ubisoft execs got directly involved and told them to pull their heads of their asses.

Wouldn't be surprised if "black or woman" as the only option isn't their response to that debacle.
Last edited by Statesman on May 16th, 2024, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

aweigh wrote: May 15th, 2024, 20:06
there's a fierce SJW edit war happening right now on Wikipedia, they want to erase any mentions of yasuke being a meme and not a samurai, and/or trying to actually invent evidence about him being a samurai.

ImageImage

shit like this is why i never use wikipedia as a source.
Rand

Post by Rand »

nyxnyx wrote: May 15th, 2024, 19:41

And some of the lead devs are still butthurt about it to this very day. A win-win.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

grummz tweet said this about the above image:
"@Ubisoft
apparently CHANGED Assassin's Creed Shadows, throwing away the original story and instead running with Yauke, an obscure black retainer of Nobunaga, as front and center. An Ubisoft writer who worked on the game says the original story was completely different. (Thanks @MangaLawyer). This gels with what employees at Ubisoft tell me: That Ubisoft is completely locked down with DEI and is the most oppressively studio to work at, as DEI is everywhere."
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

I don't really care about Japanese culture to bemoan the fact that there's no male Jap protag. I do, however, have a problem with the uglification of video games.
And the Nioh comparison perfectly illustrates my point.
Niggers are ugly. Whites are beautiful.
ImageImage
I'm 1000% certain Japs would agree with me on this.
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

"we all expected"
So they know it's shit, but they still do it.
How much money is Jew Fink giving out these days?
I know I saw a video on youtube about the Soros Bros, but can't find it anymore. And in that video it was revealed that Black Jews can spend up to $500 million for just one campaign.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

logincrash wrote: May 16th, 2024, 04:22
I don't really care about Japanese culture to bemoan the fact that there's no male Jap protag.
I simply do not wish niggers in my games.

I think both us and the East Asians can agree that we don't have an issue with a protagonist of either race being in the game, as proven by Ghost of Tsushima and Nioh.
machnizedTerror wrote: May 16th, 2024, 06:07
How much money is Jew Fink giving out these days?
A former Ubisoft employee broke his silence and outright said that the game was originally planned to feature a Japanese male protagonist (he even posted concept art), but that Ubisoft has been so completely consumed by ESG/DEI that nobody would dare entertain that idea now, for fear of the Marxist commissars.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed aweigh already mentioned this a few posts above.
Last edited by gerey on May 16th, 2024, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

“Abuse we sadly expected”
They know we don’t like it or want it but they do it anyway. They know it hurts profits but again, they do it anyway. This is beyond making video games a sellable products, it’s being used to subvert people.

Post by 1998 »

"Ass creeds two protagonists are getting all the abuse we sadly expected"

Also pretty sure few people actually complain about that jap fem
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

1998 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 08:25
Also pretty sure few people actually complain about that jap fem
She does look fairly androgynous and has a manjaw, but that's to be expected from a Western developer.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

gerey wrote: May 16th, 2024, 08:52
has a manjaw
Commiefornia manjaw industrial complex ™ strikes again.

Seriously. Nothing hate more feminine features than modern day feminists.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

-Yes we're trying to rewrite history so what

-Hm, this is weird...

-Wow just like we thought, why not admit you just hate black people?

Typical gaslight tactics. And yes, chuds like us have no problem admitting we're racist, but the tactic is still useful against normies so they can't push back against insanity.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Oh noes, I am completely surprised! I never would have thought they would do this and blackwash history!

Last edited by Xenich on May 16th, 2024, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Dear sweet baby Jesus, I come back after a few months and see the French faguettes putting in some Portuguese farm equipment as a main character set in feudal Japan.