We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

V Rising - Vampires hitting rocks

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Not having building plots in the cool snowy forest area is really disappointing

Tags:
Vaako

Post by Vaako »

Finished that game yesterday. Shame its structured so badly when it comes to progression, that every playthrough will look quite similar except for the weapon type and spell you might use. Gear and Bosses will always be unlocked the same way and you just cant raise your level without that. Also the endgame shard grind surely feels ripped out of a mmorpg or mobile game, which I just wont bother with to feel progression, if I can just boot up a trainer and save my self hours of time grinding the same boring encounters. Also Dracula was ridiculous hard even with lvl 88 gear. You just dont have enough evade abilities or a too long cooldown on those for these kind of fights. Guess its designed arround coop.
Last edited by Vaako on May 18th, 2024, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Vaako wrote: May 18th, 2024, 21:26
Also the endgame shard grind surely feels ripped out of a mmorpg or mobile game, which I just wont bother with to feel progression, if I can just boot up a trainer and save my self hours of time grinding the same boring encounters.
This is why I went into the server settings and doubled the resource gain rate and halved the craft times for everything. I'm playing single player I don't need to play a game balanced around a persistent multiplayer world with mobile game tier arbitrary wait times.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Apparently there is somewhat of a modding community for the game. Someone took out the gear level system and replaced it with a traditional experience point level up system among other things (although there appears to be a separate version without the additional changes) too. Of course some gay modder drama appears to have happened and the latest versions are on patreon behind a paywall.
https://thunderstore.io/c/v-rising/p/Shou/RPGMods/
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Vergil wrote: May 19th, 2024, 01:26
Apparently there is somewhat of a modding community for the game.
Well..
https://www.nexusmods.com/vrising
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

LemonDemonGirl wrote: May 19th, 2024, 02:17
Apparently there is somewhat of a modding community for the game.
Well..
https://www.nexusmods.com/vrising
Looks like the the main site for the community isn't the niggerexus for once
https://thunderstore.io/c/v-rising/
Statesman

Post by Statesman »

Irenaeus wrote: May 12th, 2024, 12:30
maidenhaver wrote: May 12th, 2024, 10:17
Sounds really bad.
My brother loves these mind-numbing games, playing one for while before abandoning (Valheim, Ark, others). I can't understand the appeal or stand playing these games.
I mean, assuming he plays these online/with his friends, I can see why an alternative to PvP-focused games could appeal to him.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Looked this mod > https://thunderstore.io/c/v-rising/p/Sh ... xperience/

"An RPGMods module, adds an experience system, where you gain levels by killing things rather than by gearing up, so your gear doesnt affect the enemy scaling, so when your armor breaks you can still fight"

Wow. This mod will improve the game drastically.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Apparently there is somewhat of a modding community for the game. Someone took out the gear level system and replaced it with a traditional experience point level up system among other things (although there appears to be a separate version without the additional changes) too. Of course some gay modder drama appears to have happened and the latest versions are on patreon behind a paywall.
viewtopic.php?t=1703-you-yes-you-should ... -paid-mods
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

WaterMage wrote: May 19th, 2024, 15:54
Looked this mod > https://thunderstore.io/c/v-rising/p/Sh ... xperience/

"An RPGMods module, adds an experience system, where you gain levels by killing things rather than by gearing up, so your gear doesnt affect the enemy scaling, so when your armor breaks you can still fight"

Wow. This mod will improve the game drastically.
Nice, wish someone had posted about this mod earlier in the thread. :goldfish:
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 19th, 2024, 16:02
viewtopic.php?t=1703-you-yes-you-should ... -paid-mods
But then how will this modtranny afford his 6 million dollar a month medical bills? You're literally genociding him...
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Vergil wrote: May 17th, 2024, 05:54
The Castlevania cosmetics are also very nice. No way I'm paying that much fucking money for skins though.
If it's DLC, you can probably unlock it using CreamAPI.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I like the roaming Simon Belmont boss fight. He has a lot of really good hard hitting attacks and I always seem to run into the fucker while I'm low on blood and the sun has just come up. He also coincidentally wanders really close to my castle a lot which is amusing.
The only problem is since he's an optional DLC crossover boss fight there's not really any major incentives to actually fight him. You just get the same upgraded whip item you can easily craft by the time you're strong enough to fight him. He should have a unique vampire killer whip or maybe some sort of other Castlevania themed unlockable.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

your castle never gets attacked which is mega-gay, and there's no reason to ever kill a boss again after the first time.
imo, the progression in this game is awful
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Did anyone tested the game with the RPG mod? I played a bit but din`t liked the endless gear farming progression. I also agree that your castle should be attacked. Defending your base is one of the best moments in 7d2d.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 03:53
your castle never gets attacked which is mega-gay
I was thinking about this the other day. It is disappointing that castle invasions are exclusively a PVP event. I like the idea of building up your castle with all sorts of defenses and labyrinths for would be intruders and filling it with Castlevania-esque minions to defend it with you as the final boss for any would be vampire hunter. I think you could have some sort of aggression mechanic where if you're going around terrorizing towns too much it could cause whatever faction those settlements belong to, to form a hunting party and try to besiege your castle.
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 03:53
imo, the progression in this game is awful
I don't think it's too bad but I can see a very clear point where a player could run out of content fairly quickly with no real reason to stick around unless they just really like designing castles lmao.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Adam the Firstborn is a truly awful bossfight.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

On the reverse Dracula was an amazing bossfight both in gameplay and presentation. He was difficult but fair and was a very classic you versus your equal/rival style fight. Took a few tries but you can learn his moveset and patterns whereas the firstborn was just a nightmare of traps and bullet spam hell.
bloodedhunter

Post by bloodedhunter »

Do the vampires wear any helmets whatsoever in this game?
Looking at the store page I was compelled to model several out of spite.
Last edited by bloodedhunter on May 24th, 2024, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

There's a small handful of helmets and hats you can get. They're purely cosmetic though.
bloodedhunter

Post by bloodedhunter »

Vergil wrote: May 24th, 2024, 15:27
There's a small handful of helmets and hats you can get. They're purely cosmetic though.
I especially hate this aspect of the faggotry of modern gamedev. The concept of cranial protection eludes them in vein of petty narcissism.
Last edited by bloodedhunter on May 24th, 2024, 15:55, edited 6 times in total.
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Just chiming in to say I love the game and devs, but I'm annoyed by their decision to take away Border Tile
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

bloodedhunter wrote: May 24th, 2024, 15:45
I especially hate this aspect of the faggotry of modern gamedev. The concept of cranial protection eludes them in vein of petty narcissism.
There was a cool drawing here, it's gone now :sad:
bloodedhunter

Post by bloodedhunter »

Vergil wrote: May 24th, 2024, 17:25
I just get sick of sharing my sfw work just to be permabanned on a whim by some tone policing faggot who is on a powertrip that day who then continues to ban me for “ban evasion” when I rightly come back to tell them to go to hell. When I’ve broken no rules and keep my mods sfw.

Had a good experience here so far.
Last edited by bloodedhunter on May 25th, 2024, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

bloodedhunter wrote: May 25th, 2024, 03:17
Vergil wrote: May 24th, 2024, 17:25

I just get sick of sharing my sfw work just to be permabanned on a whim by some tone policing faggot who is on a powertrip that day. When I’ve broken no rules and keep my mods sfw. Had a good experience here so far.
You're not gonna get in trouble just for posting images of a dude in armor here. I thought it was neat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

bloodedhunter wrote: May 25th, 2024, 03:17
permabanned on a whim by some tone policing faggot
Yeah, that's right, you're a faggot @WhiteShark
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

@bloodedhunter, I thought your artwork was neat and there's no reason we would ban you for it. It doesn't violate any of our rules. Even supposing you had somehow accidentally broken the rules, you would only have received a polite warning.
rusty_shackleford wrote: May 25th, 2024, 03:21
I actually like you @WhiteShark
Permaban averted... this time.
bloodedhunter

Post by bloodedhunter »

Are there any tutorials out there for modding stuff like this in game? I haven't played V rising but the gameplay looked fun.

The lack of cool helmets in games these days is frustrating and compelled me to come up with this on the spot along with a couple of swords.

Last edited by bloodedhunter on May 26th, 2024, 17:46, edited 3 times in total.