We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

This meme makes me want to play Helldivers 2

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Norfleet wrote: May 12th, 2024, 01:26
So who got fired? Was this the good guy or the bad guy?
Spitz was hired as a community manager for the official Helldivers 2 Discord because he owned the Helldivers 1 fan Discord (much smaller game, there was no official Discord server for it). He deleted the HD1 server entirely after taking this position.
When the PSN account connection was going to be enforced months after launch, he encouraged users to spam a large animated sticker whenever others would complain. He also told someone to refund and leave the server when they were unhappy about it.
After being fired for being a retard, he tried to recontextualize these actions as him intentionally sparking a rebellion, and even claimed he did so to selflessly and heroically draw ire away from other janitors. He's been posting pity party woe is me shit ever since.

Anyway, he's just one power tripping dweeb of many. Keep in mind the HD2 Discord server has nearly a million users in it.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

But you want to encourage his re-hiring? Does that make him good or bad?
machnizedTerror

Post by machnizedTerror »

Norfleet wrote: May 12th, 2024, 02:17
I know it can be hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic online, but yeah that was what it was, sarcasm.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 17th, 2024, 01:00
you really don't need community managers

Is he just hanging around their discord annoying customers?
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Boo frickety hoo, harassment and death threats from random strangers online. When was the last time any community manager got killed as a result of these? Anyone? Yeah, that's what I thought. That shit's funny, not threatening.
nyxnyx

Post by nyxnyx »

gerey wrote: May 17th, 2024, 07:04

Hopefully it kills itself.
that'll just put it out of its misery and result in an orgy of bitching and demands from every community manager out there (facilitated by gaming 'journalists' of course) until every dev/publisher caves in and recruits even more troons to offset the 'damage' that would cause.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

nyxnyx wrote: May 17th, 2024, 07:30

that'll just put it out of its misery
It would literally be the beginning of an eternity of misery
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

machnizedTerror wrote: May 17th, 2024, 01:24
Norfleet wrote: May 12th, 2024, 02:17
I know it can be hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic online, but yeah that was what it was, sarcasm.
Don't indulge @Norfleet. He's a retard.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

You definitely don't need faggots as community managers. Having a PR guy to post your news on all dozen social media platforms so people actually see it is useful.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

nyxnyx wrote: May 17th, 2024, 07:30

that'll just put it out of its misery and result in an orgy of bitching and demands from every community manager out there (facilitated by gaming 'journalists' of course) until every dev/publisher caves in and recruits even more troons to offset the 'damage' that would cause.
Hopefully it kills its troon boss?

EDIT: Apparently she's (the boss) just a fat white woman, but close enough.
Last edited by anonusername on May 17th, 2024, 20:37, edited 2 times in total.
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Holy shit that server is a trainwreck
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

I don't think you can really pirate live service games, copy protection or no.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 14:44
Thanks, Captain Sweden!

He was Chief Business Development Officer at Paradox, it seems.
Wonder if the Arrowhead CEO was pressured to step down, or whether he just felt he couldn't be assed with this shit anymore and wants to focus on development instead.
He's saying the latter, but sometimes these decisions are made as a result of "conditions" (if you want anymore funding, step down, bend the knee, accept terms in future & fill your game with gay shit).
Last edited by BobT on May 22nd, 2024, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

Given that he's still Chairman, and the past history we've heard from him, I suspect he's telling the truth. Dude really doesn't seem to enjoy dealing with this shit.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Norfleet wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 17:00
Given that he's still Chairman, and the past history we've heard from him, I suspect he's telling the truth. Dude really doesn't seem to enjoy dealing with this shit.
I don't blame him tbh. Let's see if the new guy bends the knee or not..
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

anonusername wrote: May 17th, 2024, 20:36
You definitely don't need faggots as community managers. Having a PR guy to post your news on all dozen social media platforms so people actually see it is useful.
That's not a JOB, though. That's just a script. I don't need a person to do that.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Kalarion »

Norfleet wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 17:00
As I said in chat yesterday (or words to this effect): this retard is trying to abdicate responsibility for dealing with the problem and doesn't realize he just made it (and his life) much worse.

If he thinks he'll be left alone to tinker as he pleases now that he's not sitting in the big seat, well... I'll be laughing my ass off when he comes whining and complaining to Twitter about how "everything changed, they forced me out, I wasn't given a voice anymore, and and and...!"

Fucking moron. The game is done. Glad I never bought it.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

what is a community manager and why such things exist, damn zoomers
logincrash

Post by logincrash »

Norfleet wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 17:32
That's not a JOB, though. That's just a script. I don't need a person to do that.
CEOs are basically fall guys.
>you hire a CEO
>then you make a bunch of shitty anti-consumer decisions your userbase hates with abandon
>then say the CEO fucked up
>fire him
>the userbase celebrates
>do not change literally anything back
>rinse and repeat
Reddit is a perfect example with that bugwoman CEO. They called her Chairman Pao for the totalitarian communist bullshit draconian changes to the site rules. After she got fired, reddit celebrated like they had just blown up the Death Star. Now there's a different CEO and not a single policy has been changed back.
Same with Disney.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

logincrash wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 16:01
Norfleet wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 17:32
CEOs are basically fall guys.
>you hire a CEO
>then you make a bunch of shitty anti-consumer decisions your userbase hates with abandon
>then say the CEO fucked up
>fire him
>the userbase celebrates
>do not change literally anything back
>rinse and repeat
Reddit is a perfect example with that bugwoman CEO. They called her Chairman Pao for the totalitarian communist bullshit draconian changes to the site rules. After she got fired, reddit celebrated like they had just blown up the Death Star. Now there's a different CEO and not a single policy has been changed back.
Same with Disney.
Off Topic
This reminds me of what recently happened in Scotland:
>make new hate speech law
>resign because it's a terrible law
>everyone celebrates
>law stays in place
>government wins

Post by 1998 »

asf wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 15:34
what is a community manager and why such things exist, damn zoomers
They are certainly not the problem no matter how you look at it. Sure, they are usually retarded fags, but essentially they are being paid the lowest salary possible to moderate discord and respond to stupid questions on Steam. It's obviously not a career and its hard to respect them, but they have zero say in anything that's going on.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

Oyster Sauce wrote: May 28th, 2024, 22:08
Oyster Sauce wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 14:44
Thanks, Captain Sweden!

Oh good he's doing a Reddit AMA to alleviate concerns

What is this nigger talking about? Literally no one plays EU4 or HOI4 without the DLCs except maybe 8 retarded zoomers who haven't heard of piracy and have no money. You either pirate it or buy a humble bundle when they come around and then proceed to pick up the new DLCs as they come out or re-pirate the game wholesale every new dlc. People make youtube videos where the twist is "what if I played this paradox grand strategy game... without the dlcs" and its a successful view grabbing gimmick because no one does this for any of them.