We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Positive political news thread

Do you have a dumb political opinion? Do you want other people to know about your dumb political opinion? Look no further!
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

I hope he only stopped firing cos he ran out of bullets and I assume that's the charge they tried to send him down for; continued shooting after there was no longer a threat.

Edit: Also, lmao at them throwing bills at him like he's a stripper and him picking them up like a stripper.
Last edited by Jordy on January 4th, 2024, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Jordy wrote: January 4th, 2024, 22:31
I hope he only stopped firing cos he ran out of bullets and I assume that's the charge they tried to send him down for; continued shooting after there was no longer a threat.

Edit: Also, lmao at them throwing bills at him like he's a stripper and him picking them up like a stripper.
Looks to me like he fired the first four to put him down, four more to make sure he's down after he hit the deck, and the last one to make sure he was never, ever getting up to shoot back.
I approve, by the way. No reason to take risks with worthless scum.

One thing to know about these hoods is that if they have a gun, they're not trying to NOT use it. They're usually looking for a reason. So if you get them down, don't take risks of them shooting you despite being wounded and dying.
Last edited by Rand on January 30th, 2024, 04:26, edited 2 times in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I only approve of opening our prisons.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Rand wrote: January 5th, 2024, 04:17

Looks to me like he fired the first four to put him down, four more to make sure he's down after he hit the deck, and the last one to make sure he was never, ever getting up to shoot back.
The last shot was after he picked up the gun so basically an execution if he wasn't already dead. I can see why they had a case against him but I'm sure they would have tried to put him away even if they didn't. They want the public to suffer for defending themselves with guns and they want everyone to know it.
This guy got lucky with the jury imo. Most people won't put their life in the hands of a jury and would take a plea deal, even if innocent.
Last edited by Jordy on January 30th, 2024, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Jordy wrote: January 5th, 2024, 08:33

The last shot was after he picked up the gun so basically an execution if he wasn't already dead. I can see why they had a case against him but I'm sure they would have tried to put him away even if they didn't. They want the public to suffer for defending themselves with guns and they want everyone to know it.
This guy got lucky with the jury imo. Most people won't put there life in the hands of a jury and would take a plea deal, even if innocent.
The wokesters would be clapping and defending the criminal if he had shot and killed any innocent victim in that restaurant.

If you barge into a public space, weapon drawn, with the intent to rob other law abiding citizens of their money and their luxury items, then that means you are ready to kill.

And whoever is ready to kill, has to also be ready to die.
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Cipher wrote: January 8th, 2024, 16:44

This guy got lucky with the jury imo. Most people won't put there life in the hands of a jury and would take a plea deal, even if innocent.
The wokesters would be clapping and defending the criminal if he had shot and killed any innocent victim in that restaurant.

If you barge into a public space, weapon drawn, with the intent to rob other law abiding citizens of their money and their luxury items, then that means you are ready to kill.

The news showed the retards parents and they did the cliche "he dindu nothin hez a good boy" bullshit. Glad the jury said fuck this nog, he got what he deserved.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

jews are losing in jewkriane and jewland.
jew dollar losing status

nukes unlikely cause aliens dont allow em so only thing left for em is jew cyberattack and fertilizer/energy shortage caused fammine.
as good as it can get
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Goblin_Hammer wrote: January 8th, 2024, 16:57
Cipher wrote: January 8th, 2024, 16:44

The news showed the retards parents and they did the cliche "he dindu nothin hez a good boy" bullshit. Glad the jury said fuck this nog, he got what he deserved.

That's the problem. They will keep saying that until someone elses "good boy" robs them at gunpoint.

Then its going to be "where is the police? I don't feel safe in this neighborhood!"
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://www.thepopverse.com/will-eisner ... for awards.

Update: The most popular comics awards, the Eisners, drops Journalism (but not Memoir) as category for 2024
The Eisner Awards are now open for submissions, but there may be a couple of surprises for those waiting to submit
Submissions for the 2024 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards are now officially open, but there is a surprise on the list. The slot for 'Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism' is not included among this year's categories for awards.
The Mask's Note: the awards are still a horrible leftist nightmare, but deleting the "journalism" category is a small win, and just wanted to make everyone aware of this tiny little win.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 4th, 2024, 15:15
Were jews really unaware that brown people see jews as whites?
Jews in America live the most sheltered, upper-middle-class existence you could think of. They also drink their own cool-aid as well.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

they say iran did it, and maybe did, but it would make sense for jews to stage it as pretext for escalation. american aircraft doctrine is now worthless so they will get annihilated, gonna be hilarious.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

is that a lot? i dont have previous point of reference
Last edited by Red7 on January 30th, 2024, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Disney released a video to its shareholders, and I think it's the most hilarious thing since sliced bread:

https://votedisney.com

Check it out.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The_Mask wrote: February 6th, 2024, 01:42
Disney released a video to its shareholders, and I think it's the most hilarious thing since sliced bread:

https://votedisney.com

Check it out.
Never.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Red7 wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:08
Its annuda shoah.
Rand

Post by Rand »

maidenhaver wrote: February 6th, 2024, 01:58
Red7 wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:08
Its annuda shoah.
4chan:
Rand

Post by Rand »

...and her team...
Gotta fortify Brandon's election.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

This thread title is a joke, right?
Red7

Post by Red7 »

jews actually may wanna push that retarded flat plank of surgical effort into presidency.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

There's no way her apparent popularity is anything close to organic.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

nothing is organic in a clown world. thats why everything will fall apart once the money printing machine that energises it breaks.
Last edited by Red7 on February 7th, 2024, 17:12, edited 2 times in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235832668/
Vice News’ Top Editor Tells Staff He Doesn’t Know if Flagship Website Will Shutter
After multiple staffers voiced concerns, CEO Bruce Dixon told staff the company is transitioning to a studio model, "we will no longer publish content on vice.com."

BY LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT

Plus Icon
FEBRUARY 22, 2024 10:25AM

Hours after multiple staffers expressed concern that Vice Media was considering shuttering or gutting its flagship news website following the brand’s sale to a consortium of its former bankruptcy lenders, the CEO of the company weighed in with a memo (below) detailing sweeping change.

Vice Media chief Bruce Dixon confirmed that “several hundred” staffers would be laid off and “we will no longer publish content on vice.com” as the company transitions to a “studio model” to sell its content to other outlets.

Earlier in the day, editors from different parts of Vice met with their staffs and informed them that they have asked management for clarity on the situation but haven’t received a reply. Vice News’ top editor Josh Visser addressed staffers on a midday Zoom and said he had given senior executives of the company, including CEO Dixon, an opportunity to deny rumors the site was shuttering, but he had not heard back, which he described as “very upsetting.”

Hours after multiple staffers expressed concern that Vice Media was considering shuttering or gutting its flagship news website following the brand’s sale to a consortium of its former bankruptcy lenders, the CEO of the company weighed in with a memo (below) detailing sweeping change.

Vice Media chief Bruce Dixon confirmed that “several hundred” staffers would be laid off and “we will no longer publish content on vice.com” as the company transitions to a “studio model” to sell its content to other outlets.

Earlier in the day, editors from different parts of Vice met with their staffs and informed them that they have asked management for clarity on the situation but haven’t received a reply. Vice News’ top editor Josh Visser addressed staffers on a midday Zoom and said he had given senior executives of the company, including CEO Dixon, an opportunity to deny rumors the site was shuttering, but he had not heard back, which he described as “very upsetting.”

“Our website and our work being pulled down would be completely reprehensible,” he told staffers. “I cannot even understand any business reasons why you would do something like that.”

Visser told staff a plan he had proposed to restructure the newsroom had essentially been rejected by management and that, even though it is almost March, he still does not have a budget for the year. Staff asked Visser about whether their next paycheck would clear and if their Vice laptops may become disabled by the company. “I don’t know more than you guys besides being able to read faces and notice who is not replying to my messages,” Visser said.

The scramble among staffers appears to have been sparked by a tech update by the company. “As part of a companywide security and data compliance update, Vice last week disabled a tool called Google Takeout which previously allowed employees to download their Google data in bulk,” a person familiar with the company says. “This system change is in no way tied to other business decisions at the company.”

Vice Media filed for bankruptcy in May of last year, canceled its flagship show Vice News Tonight weeks before, and pledged cost cuts and layoffs during restructuring. Last July, Vice inked a deal to sell itself to a group led by Fortress Investment LLC, Soros Fund Management and Monroe Capital, ending a lengthy sales process.

“It looks pretty apocalyptic out there,” Visser told staff. A spokesperson for Vice and Fortress did not respond to multiple requests for comment from THR.

Bruce Dixon’s full memo is below:

Dear Vice Team,

As we navigate the ever-evolving business landscape, we need to adapt and best align our strategies to be more competitive in the long term. After careful consideration and discussion with the board, we have decided to make some fundamental changes to our strategic vision at Vice.

We create and produce outstanding original content true to the Vice brand. However, it is no longer cost-effective for us to distribute our digital content the way we have done previously. Moving forward, we will look to partner with established media companies to distribute our digital content, including news, on their global platforms, as we fully transition to a studio model. As part of this shift, we will no longer publish content on vice.com, instead putting more emphasis on our social channels as we accelerate our discussions with partners to take our content to where it will be viewed most broadly.

Separately, Refinery 29 will continue to operate as a standalone diversified digital publishing business, creating engaging, social first content. As you know, we are in advanced discussions to sell this business, and we are continuing with that process. We expect to announce more on that in the coming weeks.

With this strategic shift comes the need to realign our resources and streamline our overall operations at Vice. Regrettably, this means that we will be reducing our workforce, eliminating several hundred positions. This decision was not made lightly, and I understand the significant impact it will have on those affected. Employees who will be affected will notified about next steps early next week, consistent with local laws and practices.

I know that saying goodbye to our valued colleagues is difficult and feels overwhelming, but this is the best path forward for Vice as we position the company for long-term creative and financial success. Our financial partners are supportive and have agreed to invest in this operating model going forward. We will emerge stronger and more resilient as we embark on this new phase of our journey.

Thank you for your continued dedication to Vice and support during this time of transition. Together, I am confident that we will overcome any challenges and achieve our shared goals.

Bruce
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

he won

galloway's targeted advertising is interesting:
► Show Spoiler
OnTilt

Post by OnTilt »

I'm glad Brits have gotten themselves some proper representation with their *checks notes* Muslim MP.

We both know that he'll fail to make progress against the rest of parliament when it comes to Israel. Don't worry though, he'll still find a way to help the "native" British Muslims somehow -- probably at the expense of actual Brits.

I'm sure he's not joking about helping the people in Gaza though. His signature will be first on the bill to import a million refugees from there.

I thought this was "positive" political news . . .

Why are people still taking this democracy thing seriously?
Rand

Post by Rand »

OnTilt wrote: March 1st, 2024, 15:39
Why are people still taking this democracy thing seriously?
Fucked if I know. Outsorcing decisions to millions of idiots and the scumbags that can fool them into voting for them...
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Judges improperly enhanced sentences of more than 100 Jan 6 rioters, appeals court rules