We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

People of the hallway chirp tribe thread

Do you have a dumb political opinion? Do you want other people to know about your dumb political opinion? Look no further!
Slavic Sorcerer

Post by Slavic Sorcerer »

Oyster Sauce wrote: March 1st, 2024, 12:02
Why are Europeans genuinely obsessed with naming food after black people/black body parts?
I wouldn't call it "obsession". Those are only 2 recipies from the top of my head that have this some sort of a name, and obviously we have thousands of recipes that are not named like that

I'd argue the US is literally worshipping niggers, while we're just being cheeky about naming a cake Negress' Tits but still being racist.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Thor Kaufman wrote: March 1st, 2024, 12:01

get it while it's hot
It was too hot, apparently.

What was it?
Last edited by Rand on March 1st, 2024, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: March 1st, 2024, 12:00
BobT wrote: February 27th, 2024, 23:03
Emphyrio wrote: February 27th, 2024, 22:32

we already went through the "black is a slur" phase, that's why they invented the now-disused term African American
Near the end of my school years we weren't allowed to have "Blackboards", they became "Chalkboards", and after I left, "Rainbow boards" (I shit you not).
Same with "Blacklists" and others.

Fucking stupid. It's not like anyone was calling them niggerboards. It was a BLACK, BOARD.
Meanwhile we have the village called Murzynowo in lubuskie voivodship
"Murzynowo" is semi-literally translated to "city of black people"

"Murzyn" (masculine) and "Murzynka" (feminine) is a colloquial term for a black person.
It doesnt have inherent derogatory meaning, although there are debates whenever it's our "nigger"
But no, it is not.

Our "nigger" would be "czarnuch" if anything, although its closer to a "negro"
It's derived from the word "czarny" meaning "black", while the ending -uch is said usually in a derogatory manner
Like "dzieciak" means kid, but calling someone a "dzieciuch" is insulting/mocking

Doesnt work with every word

Unfortunately neither of those words you'd use at work or you'll risk being fired, cause foreign corporations with branches in Poland dont like those
It's always funny when someone with surname Murzyn or Murzyński (the ending -ski indicates that at some point the family gained the gentry title btw) comes to work, and there are several people with such surname

Some black people living in Poland spoke out that the word "murzyn" is not insulting, but wokies be wokies.

And this is the most popular baking margarine in Poland, Palma, meaning "palm tree"

You can use it to bake a simple chocolate cake we call "murzynek" (meaning "little black boy") and yes, there are jokes and puns about "baking a little black boy"

This cake is called "cycki Murzynki", meaning "Negress' Tits" or "Black Woman's Tits"

Our polish poet, Julian Tuwim, who wrote many nursery rhymes and is one of the most well known authors here, wrote a rhyme about "Murzynek Bambo" (little black boy [named] Bambo)
Some say it's racist, but there is no hate in it.
It's rather in the vibe of "yeah, Bambo is black and vastly different from a polish kid on the outside, but he's just like any other kid that likes to play"

If someone's interested, I can translate it (if its not already). Just lemme know
Well, poles are literally the "White negroes of Europe" so it makes sense.
Thor Kaufman
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Rand wrote: March 1st, 2024, 16:28
Thor Kaufman wrote: March 1st, 2024, 12:01

get it while it's hot
It was too hot, apparently.

What was it?
this one
https://www.file-upload.net/download-15 ... a.mp4.html

What's a good host for video files?
BobT

Post by BobT »

I guess it explains why niggers are so violent. I'd be a fucking crazy schitzo listening to that all day & night too, it's noise torture.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

A friend of mine who teaches English online just messaged me this:
Friend wrote:
<redacted>: h-had a black student and and anddn
<redacted>: the CHIRPING, SHARKO, THE CHIRPING
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

BobT wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 04:08
I guess it explains why niggers are so violent. I'd be a fucking crazy schitzo listening to that all day & night too, it's noise torture.
Suuuure. The chirping explains it...
Slavic Sorcerer

Last edited by Slavic Sorcerer on March 5th, 2024, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.
Slavic Sorcerer

Damn, you were faster in grabbing SS than me editing it

Also, why the fuck you have snow enabled :lol:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Slavic Sorcerer wrote: March 5th, 2024, 19:06
Damn, you were faster in grabbing SS than me editing it

Also, why the fuck you have snow enabled :lol:
Why DON'T you have snow enabled?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Last month, Joe Rogan had "prison reform activist" Sheldon Johnson on to discuss the unfairness of the US justice system.

Johnson was just out after serving a 25 year jail sentence.

He explained how unfair it was that he was sent to prison for as long as he was, and Joe Rogan agreed that Johnson's story reflects a huge problem of racism in the justice system.

Today, Johnson was arrested after police found a severed head and limbless torso in his apartment. The victim's neighbours reported hearing "Please don’t. I have a family!" before hearing two gunshots.

The police found the victims decapitated head in Johnson's freezer and the limbless torso in a blue bin in his apartment.

Maybe the problem here isn't systemic racism.
Last edited by Vergil on March 7th, 2024, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Vergil wrote: March 7th, 2024, 22:09
Last month, Joe Rogan had "prison reform activist" Sheldon Johnson on to discuss the unfairness of the US justice system.

Johnson was just out after serving a 25 year jail sentence.

He explained how unfair it was that he was sent to prison for as long as he was, and Joe Rogan agreed that Johnson's story reflects a huge problem of racism in the justice system.

Today, Johnson was arrested after police found a severed head and limbless torso in his apartment. The victim's neighbours reported hearing "Please don’t. I have a family!" before hearing two gunshots.

The police found the victims decapitated head in Johnson's freezer and the limbless torso in a blue bin in his apartment.

Maybe the problem here isn't systemic racism.
Isn't that Alvin Bragg's pet model convict?
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

Last edited by aweigh on March 10th, 2024, 00:12, edited 1 time in total.